Why no special price for disabled at Celtic Park?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting topic, and slightly concerning my first thought is how to word this without offending anybody!

Kids/Adults/Seniors (sometimes students) are easy to classify & enforce.

As has already been mentioned, there are numerous interpretations of 'disabled' - how do you classify & enforce the same way as the other categories?

Realistically, no matter which way you cut it, anybody not included within a 'disabled' price-bracket could claim the discrimination card - and, generally speaking, rightfully so.

IMHO, I can't imagine it's a pleasant feeling to have to categorise yourself into a 'disabled' bracket - ultimately, be you a disabled kid, disabled adult, disabled student, disabled senior - you're a kid, an adult, a student, a senior.

In my opinion the price of a disabled adult ticket should depend on how the persons viewing of the game may be affected by their disability. If a disabled section is in the front row at pitch level behind advertising hoardings etc like it quite often is then by all means they should be entitled to a discount. If the section is like say Tynecastle's disabled section where it is well above playing level and offers as good a view of the action as other parts of the ground then I don't see why they should be entitled to a concession if they have the same viewing experience as everyone else.

Have checked the premiership teams websites and they all have polices on disabled supporters and cheap entry to the ground which is fantastic people with disabilitys no matter what it is should be encouraged to support there team like any other fan

Think it is standard practice in football grounds, cinemas etc that a disabled person pays for their own ticket but get a carer in free of charge. They are suppose to have some sort of ID for this. Lots of disabilities and many not very clear for someone selling a ticket so some sort of ID should really ideally should be produced.

Disability living allowance letter is what you normally use

In my opinion the price of a disabled adult ticket should depend on how the persons viewing of the game may be affected by their disability. If a disabled section is in the front row at pitch level behind advertising hoardings etc like it quite often is then by all means they should be entitled to a discount. If the section is like say Tynecastle's disabled section where it is well above playing level and offers as good a view of the action as other parts of the ground then I don't see why they should be entitled to a concession if they have the same viewing experience as everyone else.

Fortunately, club policies are not a product of opinions such as your own.

For a very wide range of reasons, which require no justification, certain people cannot attend without assistance or may have visual difficulties and will not see, and therefore have the same viewing experience, as everyone else.

So the process of beginning to classify and distinguish between categories of disability begins, but likely contravenes statutory obligations to recognise all disabilities without prejudice.

Fortunately, club policies are not a product of opinions such as your own.

For a very wide range of reasons, which require no justification, certain people cannot attend without assistance or may have visual difficulties and will not see, and therefore have the same viewing experience, as everyone else.

So the process of beginning to classify and distinguish between categories of disability begins, but likely contravenes statutory obligations to recognise all disabilities without prejudice.

Just the same, I think we should do a top 5 of our favourite disabilities.

Archived