Why no special price for disabled at Celtic Park?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We used to have that at County in the 90s (or whatever the equivalent term was for UB 40 then), not sure when we stopped...

I do remember a few folk I knew who were too proud to use that gate and would pay fullprice even though they qualified for the concession; couldn't handle the stigma of being seen to use it, which is maybe a more difficult thing in the provinces where you know so much of the crowd (and staff). I was just a kid at the time so genuinely have no idea if that played a role in the gate being closed.

We still/currently offer a concessionary rate to disabled supporters, and where they require a care assistant they are admitted for free (I think the asst is admitted for free, while the supporter is admitted at the concessionary rate, for any pedants out there ;) ):

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/visitor-guide.aspx

good points well made. thanks for the feedback. best of luck for the coming season as I noticed your chairman/board are top class in treating the fans the right way -free travel etc .

good points well made. thanks for the feedback. best of luck for the coming season as I noticed your chairman/board are top class in treating the fans the right way -free travel etc .

Cheers mun, they do put a real effort into doing what they can to help the 'highland hospitality', always good when it's noticed.

Fair play to you mate and there are plenty disabled people who work the same as everyone else. I don't want to be an arse about this but there are disabled and disabled. I've got a mate who could claim disability (and probably all the perks, he hasn't looked into it) but doesn't want to as he has a good job and 'lifestyle'. I'm all for people who can't earn a livelihood getting in cheap/free but disabled covers a huge range of people so open to piss taking.

What are the perks?

Is it like the blind b*****ds that get a free dug?

What are the perks? Is it like the blind b*****ds that get a free dug?

Superhuman hearing for the blind; savantism for .... err ... idiots?; telekenisis/ESP for paraplegics; I think there are other perks but they're probably classified.

Think it is standard practice in football grounds, cinemas etc that a disabled person pays for their own ticket but get a carer in free of charge. They are suppose to have some sort of ID for this. Lots of disabilities and many not very clear for someone selling a ticket so some sort of ID should really ideally should be produced.

Think it is standard practice in football grounds, cinemas etc that a disabled person pays for their own ticket but get a carer in free of charge. They are suppose to have some sort of ID for this. Lots of disabilities and many not very clear for someone selling a ticket so some sort of ID should really ideally should be produced.

Right enough. Sorry to harp on about County, but to use them as an example again; they state that, if requested, supporters are required to show proof that they are in receipt of Disability Living Allowance to qualify for the reduced price (as per the condition attached to all tickets sold at a reduced rate, not just to disabled supporters).

Was just going to ask that. Does the season ticket include a carer?

And the definition of 'disabled' is so grey.

Edit: took me so long to type, I missed the above post. That's what £15 litre Smirnoff offers do.

Maybe I am wrong ,but I was astonished to learn that Celtic ( my team ) do not appear to have a reduced season ticket for disabled fans. My mate (who is a wheelchair user) tells me he has to take a full price season ticket to follow Celtic. I looked on the Celtic website and he appears to be right . I know some other clubs provide this facility so could Pie and Bovril regulars let me know what their clubs policy is on this? In my opinion this seems to be a bizarre statistic if it is true and makes a mockery of the Celtic founding ethos . If I am proved to be wrong in this I will apologise without reservation to Celtic .In these times of austerity it would be nice to find out what the standard policy is with Scottish clubs, as most disabled persons may be in the unfortunate situation of being financially compromised due to their disability. I know Hamilton for example offer a season ticket to the disabled at a remarkable £50 for a season ticket.

Spot on. It must be so difficult growing up with that kind of stigma attached to you. Knowing that wherever you went people were looking at you and judging you. Some would feel pity, some would mock. Can't imagine how hard that must be.

Oh, and being disabled must be difficult too.

Spot on. It must be so difficult growing up with that kind of stigma attached to you. Knowing that wherever you went people were looking at you and judging you. Some would feel pity, some would mock. Can't imagine how hard that must be.

Oh, and being disabled must be difficult too.

^^^ Passionately loves his club. Wears his football top abroad. Nobody knows who they are. :lol:

Lots of disabilities and many not very clear

There are limits to my comedy. There are things I'll never laugh at. The handicapped. Because there's nothing funny about them. Or deformity. It's like when you see someone look at a little handicapped and go "Ooh, look at him, he's not able-bodied. I'm prejudiced". Yeah, well, at least the little handicapped fellow is able-minded. Unless he's not. It's difficult to tell with the wheelchair ones.

Archived