Auchinleck Talbot 2014/15

Talbot Bing

This will be Talbot's 13th consecutive season in the Super League, the only club to have done so after Pollok's relegation last season. Our core playing staff, as previously referred to, have been through it all before and will hopefully do so again. For me though, any trophies are a bonus each season as long as we keep playing in the top division, and playing to the ebst of our ability. Can't ask for any more than that.

Isa well done you said what was needed to be said. Energyzone please take note and digest then go and have a wee lie doon pal:D:D

Along with Rangers fans, you guys must be the only people in the country that can't take a bit of criticism about your club without spitting the dummy out. It wasn't even criticism on this occasion as well. Since you haven't responded coherently I'll assume you agree with my point.

I understand that other teams have signed players. But does automatically make them stronger? How many players have gone to clubs but failed to make an impact. Pollock last season for example. Over the years every team have had some players that have under achieved or not cut the mustard as they say including Talbot. I get your point about if you don't freshen thing up with a few players now and again teams can stagnate or fall behind other team due to current players get older or lose a yard of pace. However experience and understanding of your team mates improve.

So in short new players doesn't always equate to a stronger team.

We have already signed 3 new players, Mark Armour is back from his loan to Kilwinning, Hyslop is fit again after missing most of last season through injury and Chic Connelly only joined at the tail end of last season so our squad is significantly different from the start of last season.

Was impressed with young Boyd when he came on. Was always looking for the ball and linked up well with Milky for the second goal. The lad we had as a trialist only lasted 26 minutes but showed some promise, never wasted a ball in the short time he was on. Hope to see a bit more of him.

The match report is on www.atfcunofficial.co.uk

Along with Rangers fans, you guys must be the only people in the country that can't take a bit of criticism about your club without spitting the dummy out. It wasn't even criticism on this occasion as well. Since you haven't responded coherently I'll assume you agree with my point.

I Disagree

Personally I think if Talbot want to keep the success going they need a few players in and one or two out, at the moment they have no back up goalie to Lieshman, a centre half is still required, and another striker wouldn't go a miss. A couple of midfielders are getting on a bit now and maybe not in need of urgent replacement but will be soon. Talbot still have the basis of a excellent team but if they want to stay a head of the rest they need to strengthen.

My good man, I for one did not throw any dummy out, I merely pointed out the flaw in your statement which suggested lack of signings resulted in a less successful season, by stating it would have been almost impossible to beat that season and that the season we had was, to most reasonable people, not half bad! Therefore your point being not freshening with new signings generically is a fair one, but the example you used being Talbot's apparent disappointing season in comparison not to be the best illustration to back your point.

Getting Hyslop back along with young Armour, together with the new signings as already stated would suggest Talbot will be there or there about, of that I have no doubt.

I do however accept your point generally, teams do require to be freshened up.

You should only sign players if they are better than you already have or at least the equal of what you have lost.Talbot have never signed in large quantity,only added to the quality.There must be nobody available worth the money or at the level required ....if one becomes available,it is 99% certain he will choose the Talbot ahead of any other club....Talbot can take their time,they know they will get their man.

Archived