Auchinleck Talbot 2014/15

Talbot Bing

There is always one f*****t.

IMO Tucker has been quiet but honestly don't think we need much more to add. We were top heavy with decent players who were just not getting a game. I think Park will take pettigrews position with Pope reverting back to his old place. Will ve interesting to see if it gels.

IMO Tucker has been quiet but honestly don't think we need much more to add. We were top heavy with decent players who were just not getting a game. I think Park will take pettigrews position with Pope reverting back to his old place. Will ve interesting to see if it gels.

What about Campbell? ?

Pettigrew is a massive loss for talbot. He's been the best centre half in the west for a few years now. Campbell slightly different defender, more of a ball winner, whereas pettigrew was very comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Have you been supporting zee Germans in the world cup, Bing? :P

Can you afford to stand still though if other clubs are strengthening?

Who said that every other teams signings means they are stronger. The longer a core group a players are together we can become stronger rather than buying half a dozen players every season. We could still be doing with a few faces but irrespective of new faces now we will still be up there.

Who said that every other teams signings means they are stronger. The longer a core group a players are together we can become stronger rather than buying half a dozen players every season. We could still be doing with a few faces but irrespective of new faces now we will still be up there.

You did hardly anything last summer in comparison to other clubs and didn't do as well as the season before.

You did hardly anything last summer in comparison to other clubs and didn't do as well as the season before.

My good man, it would have been astonishing no matter how many signings Talbot made if they had replicated a treble containing the Scottish and West Super Premier and to win the league undefeated. I ask, do you think any team will ever do that again. As it was the treble they did win retaining the league was admirable. The Stranraer match was a sickener and took it's toll. Talbot have made some signings and I'm sure Tucker will add if the right player comes up.

Yes energymoan, hardly lol we won three cups. Ran Stranraer to the wire and got beat by a Boness team who parked the bus. Hardly f**kall lol. Muppet:D

You clearly didn't read or were able to comprehend what I posted. We were talking about activity in the transfer market, not what happened on the pitch.

My good man, it would have been astonishing no matter how many signings Talbot made if they had replicated a treble containing the Scottish and West Super Premier and to win the league undefeated. I ask, do you think any team will ever do that again. As it was the treble they did win retaining the league was admirable. The Stranraer match was a sickener and took it's toll. Talbot have made some signings and I'm sure Tucker will add if the right player comes up.

Yes it would have been astonishing and it was never going to happen again, not last season anyway. My point was that last seasons trophy haul paled in comparison to a Scottish Cup/unbeaten league title, despite the other poster's claims that an unbroken squad would only get stronger.

Anyway, all I asked was that if other clubs were doing a bit of business could Talbot sustain their status as the best team in the West if they kept roughly the same team. People reacted as if I'd personally insulted them. You're a touchy bunch sometimes!

I agree you should always look to strengthen when you are at the top. We have been weakened by losing Pettigrew of that I've no doubt, we have signed Pope who will be an asset. The point I'm making is that we have a good core squad who are tried and tested, if we spend big it will need to be players that are as good or better than we have. They won't come cheap and might take a bit of time and negotiation to get them in board.

Yes it would have been astonishing and it was never going to happen again, not last season anyway. My point was that last seasons trophy haul paled in comparison to a Scottish Cup/unbeaten league title, despite the other poster's claims that an unbroken squad would only get stronger.

Anyway, all I asked was that if other clubs were doing a bit of business could Talbot sustain their status as the best team in the West if they kept roughly the same team. People reacted as if I'd personally insulted them. You're a touchy bunch sometimes!

Sorry my man, your original point was that Talbot's lack of investment in playing staff was suspect and suggested that was why they never achieved so much last season as opposed to the former. I merely state that to follow such an astonishing season the way Talbot did was extremely acceptable. Thus I suggest your point moot! I do not think it a personal insult, I do think it inaccurate!

Archived