Season tickets

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By way of more detailed comparison, Ireland tickets cover Gibraltar, Poland and Scotland qualifers and England plus 2 unnamed friendlies.

Three categories: €246, €186 and €138 (£200, £150 and £110 roughly)

You can get upper tier seats on the halfway line for £150. Obviously this includes two unnamed friendlies so is somewhat less appealing than the Scotland one but is still six games.

By comparison we have the following prices including £45 SSC membership:

£295, £282 and £235.

So the cheapest Scotland season ticket is more than double the price of the cheapest Ireland ticket, our most expensive is £95 more than theirs. Wonder if Mr Broadfoot looked at it that way when he said it was a fair comparison.

The tweet the SSC just put up justifying the cost is ridiculous. Reading all the replies it hasn't went down well at all!

They didn't even try to justify the cost. They basically said "We think the prices are fair" without giving a single reason. I thought it was going to be the first in a series of tweets, and I kept expecting the next one to come out, but it never happened.

They didn't even try to justify the cost. They basically said "We think the prices are fair" without giving a single reason. I thought it was going to be the first in a series of tweets, and I kept expecting the next one to come out, but it never happened.

:lol:

Seen your tweet!!!

That's a very simplistic argument. Folk have already paid a membership for the Supporters Club, and I doubt many of them would have expected a hike of as much as 40% per game for the season ticket. That leaves the members who don't go to away games in a fairly difficult position in terms of justifying their initial outlay.

Yeah, it does. Especially since at the moment I can get a ticket for any game I want without the SSC membership. I thought about it for a while before I renewed at Xmas. In the end I did, partly out of a sense of continuity (I've been a member since the early 1990's) but mainly because in the event we turn out to be good again I want to keep my membership for when it might mean something and I'd also like to get my kids in when they are old enough. The wife let hers lapse though as with the kids the age they are she can't go to evening games anyway and they mostly all are now. The days of the 3pm Saturday fixture seem to have gone. I basically spent £45 on a priority voucher to let me spend a fortune on home tickets I can currently get anyway (though that may not be the case forever).

I think the pricing here is pretty scandalous. They obviously think we are going to qualify here and they will probably be able to price it how they like by the end of the campaign. In practice though it's sheer profiteering. I usually go to the South Lower so that's going to cost me over £40 a ticket apparently (thank goodness the wife isn't going too!) to watch the likes of Gibraltar never mind the quite mindblowing £55 to see England play a glorified training exercise.

I won't be buying a season ticket. No chance. It's a pain unless everyone in your group can definitely attend every game anyway. Otherwise you end up split up. I will pay on a match by match basis for the qualifiers most likely (I'll whinge about the price but I have only missed one home competitive game in the last 20 years and that was because my son was in hospital, I still have the match ticket unused). At this moment in time I can't see me paying £55 to watch a friendly no matter who the opposition is. It would be very embarrassing for the SFA if that ends up not sold out on the basis of their pricing. I expect it probably will sell though and then they'll be able to claim with some legitimacy that they got it right.

That's a very simplistic argument. Folk have already paid a membership for the Supporters Club, and I doubt many of them would have expected a hike of as much as 40% per game for the season ticket. That leaves the members who don't go to away games in a fairly difficult position in terms of justifying their initial outlay.

Would be a fair point if SFA had said they weren't going to hike the prices up before people paid their membership. People must be really naive if they thought it wasn't a distinct possibility.

As has been mentioned though, start a petition, email the SFA, do a boycott. Unfortunately most people will just bitch on here and via social media and do absolutely nothing about it.

Would be a fair point if SFA had said they weren't going to hike the prices up before people paid their membership. People must be really naive if they thought it wasn't a distinct possibility.

I think most people would have expected a slight increase in price, but I doubt anyone expected the price per game of a season ticket to go up by 40%.

I think I must be the only SSC member who never received the email with the details. Anyone know when the expiry date is for ST?

Never got one either, although I won't be purchasing it anyway, never intended to, and certainly do not now.

Regan says the pricing reflects:

"substantial increases in SFA logistical costs across three stadia including the provision of appropriate levels of stewarding and policing".

Anyone explain what that actually means?

Is it basically that the Eire and England games need additional security, even inside the stadiums, due to the potential for trouble?

Regan says the pricing reflects:

"substantial increases in SFA logistical costs across three stadia including the provision of appropriate levels of stewarding and policing".

Anyone explain what that actually means?

Is it basically that the Eire and England games need additional security, even inside the stadiums, due to the potential for trouble?

Basically Celtic and Rangers will be charging ludicrous amounts of money. With Celtic Park being a bigger stadium, they will have to bring in extra security staff as well, with us footing the bill for this.

FAQ's released on twitter have said that individual tickets for all games will be on sale in August.

So even if you don't buy a season ticket, it looks like you will need to pay in advance for the games you do want to go to.

Utter, Utter Shambles and it means you've paid your SSC fee for f**k all.

Edited to add link:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=3903

Archived