Dunfermline v's Raith Rovers. Tropic Thunder.

What were the starting 11s for the game?

You will laugh like a drain when you find out where I found the information.

DUNFERMLINE: Ryan Scully; Ross Millen, Gregor Buchanan, Lewis Martin, Ross Drummond; Shaun Byrne, Andy Geggan ©, Josh Falkingham, Lewis Spence; Allan Smith, Michael Moffat.

SUBS: Ryan Goodfellow, Alex Whittle, Faissal El Bakhtaoui, Jonathan Page, Ryan Thomson, Ross Forbes, Ryan Williamson.

RAITH ROVERS: Kevin Cuthbert; Jason Thomson, Paul Watson, Ross Perry, Rory McKeown, Liam Fox, Mark Stewart, Martin Scott, Christian Nade, Lewis Vaughan, Ryan Conroy

SUBS: Ross Callachan, Laurie Ellis, Ross Matthews, David Bates, Callum Robertson, Jonathan Court, Ross Laidlaw (GK).

REFEREE: Steven McLean

WEATHER: Thunderstorm at 2.40pm

ATTENDANCE: possibly 2500 but not announced

http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20140726/dunfermline-v-raith-rovers_2207955_4035417

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was definitely the correct decision to call the game off. I've always found Steven McLean to be quite a sensible and generally decent referee, and I thought today he showed why. He tried his hardest to get the game on by allowing the grounds staff and volunteers as much time as possible to get this game on. He showed common sense in the end too, to not even risk starting the game.

Tbh, it looked a poor crowd overall and it'll be even worse for the re-arranged game. I'd guess we'll be lucky to see 2500 in the midweek tie going by today's attendance.

Only positive both teams can take from it is that they can possibly get their injured players back to boost their squads ahead of the tie.

JJ says on our COWS that the match was meant to be going ahead this Tuesday but the police rejected this due to the Commonwealth Games being on...

We went through last season wthout a single weather reated postponement home or away, then have a game off in the middle of summer - bizarre, but just one of those strange things that can happen. Referees are often unfairly crticised for lacking in common sense, so today's ref is due a bit of credit for giving it as long as he reasonably could since everyone was already in the ground, and it was pretty obvous that in the end he had no choice but to put it off.

The announcement was a preliminary date of a week on Tuesday - would it not be more sensible to try to get it on this coming Tuesday? Do Rovers already have a midweek friendly arranged that would stop that?

Both teams were happy to play it this Tuesday but the police rejected it because of the Commonwealth Games.

It can't take place this Tuesday due to the commonwealth games but could have been played today weather permitting?

Aye something isn't quite adding up there. There were 14 ties scheduled to take place today (including at East End) meaning police were at 14 games today as well as in Glasgow and other Commenwealth Games venues.

On Tuesday night there will be no Challenge Cup game except ours were it to go ahead. The game is provisional scheduled to take place on the same night as the Hibs/Sevco game, a game that will probably require more police than all of today's games combined.

If it was this Tuesday, it's hardly enough time for people who are working to try and get it off, at least with it being 10 days away, I now have a fighting chance of being able to get the night off.

I'd imagine I'm not the only one either.

Also, it was good to see Fifes Finest keeping up their weekly tradition of making complete ar*es of themselves yet again after the game! Protesting outside the ground for their tenner back! It was hardly like Leishman was going to come out with his wallet in his hand and start dishing out tenners to everybody.

Why could the game go ahead today (when the Commonwealth Games are on) but not Tuesday? Fucking ludicrous. Do the polis have tickets for the rhythmic gymnastics or something?

From what I gather, the police said that they had 14 days to prepare for the game today, whereas they'd have had 3 for Tuesday. I believe that they brought officers from other areas to police the game, due to the manpower needed at the CG. It seems a bit bizarre all in all, but there we go.

As for today, disappointing but it's really nobody's fault. The pitch was in pristine condition at 2.30pm but the sheer volume of rain that fell was ridiculous. Top marks to ground staff, players and coaching staff in trying to get the game on, but unquestionably the correct decision to call it off.

Some folk though really need to chill out and stop overreacting. A football game was called off - it's not the worst thing in the world. It will be replayed. You can go along and watch it if you can. Sometimes shit happens - and it was a wee bit of freak weather that did for it today. Obviously not what anybody wanted but jeezo.

Is anyone really surprised there was a small crowd? It's the Challenge Cup FFS. Plus, many like me will have been in Glasgow getting to see something that actually matters.

The ribbon dancing?

Is anyone really surprised there was a small crowd? It's the Challenge Cup FFS. Plus, many like me will have been in Glasgow getting to see something that actually matters.

As good as it is to see Scotland do alright, a consolation cup to make the home nations feel better about themselves is hardly top level sport.

Anyone else spot the old guy in the rovers camp trying desperately to wind up the main stand when the game was called off? Strange strange behaviour, think it was the same guy who has on multiple occasions gone into temper tantrums at derbys.

Three major trophies between the pair of them.

Almost Falkirkesque in the major trophies count...

Highly amusing though not as amusing as my part in watching your much deserved downfall..hospitality at eep and watching you fuds get relegated against a part time Alloa was an excellent day out

Commonwealth games are taking up a large proportion of police officers. They would have used the officers cancelled rest days for the games to allocate officers for today game. Tuesday on the other hand officers will have already been allocated games duties either as a shift or cancelled rest days which can't be changed. Each and every one of the venues; village, and Hotels used are sealed and the boundary patrolled 24/7. I personally can't wait until the games are finished.

Also, it was good to see Fifes Finest keeping up their weekly tradition of making complete ar*es of themselves yet again after the game! Protesting outside the ground for their tenner back! It was hardly like Leishman was going to come out with his wallet in his hand and start dishing out tenners to everybody.

I'm sure he would have loved to, as long as it was someone elses tenners (particularly local businesses).

Archived