Dunfermline v's Raith Rovers. Tropic Thunder.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like the pars have shite drainage and were ill prepared. Poor effort from the barcodes. I suspect the game would have been absolutely fine if it had been at Stark's Park.

Thought you had a superior surface for your technically superior team?

Diddy club in the diddy league.

Central park surface is magnificent. Even been widened to suit our ball players.

Though not quite as well suited as it is to Brechin's ball players

Hahaha brill made my weekend

Glad to hear it - hope it takes the edge off the pain of a humping by Brechin.

Got at the game ten minutes late and wondered what the f**k was going on, wasn't in the town when the storm happened. The ball did not roll once down the sides of the pitch during the inspection, the right call was made.

We seem to be getting the blame for an absolute lethal, freak amount of rain coming down, which we should obviously be prepared for at the peak end of July.

Suits me that the game was off as I wouldn't have managed to make it. Can now make the rearranged game and working in Dunfermline means I can head straight from there. Every cloud and that....

We went through last season wthout a single weather reated postponement home or away, then have a game off in the middle of summer - bizarre, but just one of those strange things that can happen. Referees are often unfairly crticised for lacking in common sense, so today's ref is due a bit of credit for giving it as long as he reasonably could since everyone was already in the ground, and it was pretty obvous that in the end he had no choice but to put it off.

The announcement was a preliminary date of a week on Tuesday - would it not be more sensible to try to get it on this coming Tuesday? Do Rovers already have a midweek friendly arranged that would stop that?

Well Dunfermline's pitch drainage has been pretty poor for a number of years now. Cowden's pitch where the rain was coming down in torrents coped with what was probably the same level of rain pretty well and the game went ahead without any real problem.

Well Dunfermline's pitch drainage has been pretty poor for a number of years now. Cowden's pitch where the rain was coming down in torrents coped with what was probably the same level of rain pretty well and the game went ahead without any real problem.

Yup, real poor show from the pars. I guess it's just a demonstration of where they are as a club these days.

Yup, real poor show from the pars. I guess it's just a demonstration of where they are as a club these days.

:lol:

If it wasn't for your tears flooding the pitch, the game probably could have went ahead.

:lol:

If it wasn't for your tears flooding the pitch, the game probably could have went ahead.

Well played Enigma :lol:

How wonderful for you. Was there probably the same level of fog when we had a game against Kilmarnock postponed a couple of years ago while yours went ahead, or probably the same level of snow when you had a game abandoned (Stirling Albion I think) while ours finished?

How wonderful for you. Was there probably the same level of fog when we had a game against Kilmarnock postponed a couple of years ago while yours went ahead, or probably the same level of snow when you had a game abandoned (Stirling Albion I think) while ours finished?

Fog tends to be more localised. Cowdenbeath generally is worse affected by snow than Dunfermline and Lochgelly is even worse - they are higher up than Dunfermline. Don't see why you are so huffy and defensive about it.

I don't think I was being huffy - just making the point that the weather will not necessarily be the same in two places only a few miles apart. I drive aong the A92 to work every day, so well aware of the differences, but thunderstorms are pretty localised as well.

Fog tends to be more localised. Cowdenbeath generally is worse affected by snow than Dunfermline and Lochgelly is even worse - they are higher up than Dunfermline. Don't see why you are so huffy and defensive about it.

No need to be so huffy and defensive

Well played Enigma :lol:

Tee hee! He got a 'bite'! I'm now 'seething' etc!

Truly one for the watercooler on Monday morning.

Now you predictably utilise some McCarthyism.

Archived