Scotland 'must choose head of state'

I'm not particularly a royalist myself but personally I'd rather the Queen (or King in future) was head of state rather than a political figure acting as a President.

I think when a head of state is elected you are simply adding another layer of potential corruption to the system.

Since the head of state only has ceremonial power I don't think it is really a democratic issue that they must be voted for, in fact the further beyond the political class the head of state is, the better.

Or we could give it to Smeeto.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is the most sensible thing you've ever posted.

2ekrlox.jpg

Most definitely WID..!!

He never said she should give head to the nation.

I'm not particularly a royalist myself but personally I'd rather the Queen (or King in future) was head of state rather than a political figure acting as a President.

I think when a head of state is elected you are simply adding another layer of potential corruption to the system.

Since the head of state only has ceremonial power I don't think it is really a democratic issue that they must be voted for, in fact the further beyond the political class the head of state is, the better.

Or we could give it to Smeeto.

What ever happened to him? i'm going to assume he's been found in the clyde

that is the most sensible thing you've ever posted.

2ekrlox.jpg

Most definitely WID..!!

You could have posted a better picture. She looks like she's from the 80s in that one.

Or alternatively just double down on the "Fat Eck just wants tae be King!!!" cuntos' seethe and make it Salmond.

Only if its written into the constitution that he must wear this gear at all public engagements.

3377972649.jpg

Captain Sensible has let himself go.

I understand where you're coming from but they're not automatically corrupt if they're not royals and for me the concept is just completely wrong in a modern society. At least you can change a poor president. A lot of people on this forum seem to be pro indy and a common argument is that we are often ruled by a Tory government in Westminster whether we vote for it or not, to then opt for an unelected head of state seems bizarre to me. I want rid of them whether we stay or leave the union but I suspect we'll have them either way for a long while yet.

So could William Wilton, then again he was drowning at the time........

I was hoping for a more positive response.

I promise to be incorruptible.

PS if you support my campaign I'll make you a Baron. Baron Bing (2). - has a nice ring to it.

I was hoping for a more positive response.

I promise to be incorruptible.

PS if you support my campaign I'll make you a Baron. Baron Bing (2). - has a nice ring to it.

Could I get my own tartan?

And distillery?

No chance on both topics and certainly the latter, his waving makes him look effeminate, I think it's an act to gain attention

Or symptomatic of the onset of advanced Parkinsons........

ETA

A change on the Ali gag...

What's grey and sticky?

Old man Danger holding an open can of coke.

Archived