West Super League Premier Division

meadowx1

Hope it's ok to stick my beak into things :P .

Some general thoughts.

Shotts , fair play to them , they have stuck in there and given themselves a decent shot at least staying out the bottom two .

Petershill - hats off to them , they have had another good season league wise , 32pts after 18 games is really good going.

Glenafton / Arthurlie , played them both this season and thought they would both finish mid table , think thats how it is looking for them now along with beith and troon , all four will no doubt be happy with that.

Can see Talbot or Hurlford winning the league , talbot v hurlford could be a massive game.. Looking like another talbot title win though .

Meadow have overall done well this season in the league, 3 defeats in 18 games in this league is good in anyone's book.

Haven't looked properly at the bottom till now and didn't realise how bad kilbirnie league record was this season , 4 wins out of 14 , 10 defeats is poor. I was thinking they would pull themselves out the mire given they have some quality players well on paper anyway but they haven't. If cumnock lose saturday i think they will go down with clydebank, and either shotts or kilbirnie for the playoff.

Great league to be apart of , out when your out of it and play some decent teams in the super 1st do you realise we really should have a 16 team top league , teams like Pollok , Shettleston , Rob Roy , Cumbernauld, would all contribute something to a top league of 16.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair assessment of the league. Really interesting relegation battle and I do think now Hurlford v Talbot for the league as we just went off the boil since new year. The losses to Clydebank and Kilbirnie at home plus draws v Glens and Peasy have all but ended our title challenge, but we are better away from home so fancy us to win our away fixtures then hopefully have something to play for v Talbot at home.

A 16 team top league is a must for the West in my opinion. 15 home league games would help the clubs out hugely and make it less cut throat as Kilbirnie, Clydebank and Cumnock aren't that poor, seen far worse teams stay up. Maybe they raise their games v us though.

just as much as hurlford v Talbot is for the title challenge

as now this game is for the relegation places

Cumnock v kilbirnie

is a massive 6 pointer for each club as whoever loses I`ll say will definitely go straight down

If cumnock score first on Saturday they will win match, we have been DREADFUL for most of the season , management under huge pressure, lose and they must go ,

Personally think they should have went on Monday night but that's me. Lose & it's not an option . Hopefully we have someone to step in place though as we don't want to be in the same situation as when Tommy left

LADESIDE

just as much as hurlford v Talbot is for the title challenge

as now this game is for the relegation places

Cumnock v kilbirnie

is a massive 6 pointer for each club as whoever loses I`ll say will definitely go straight down

Looking at it i would say it's more a must win for cumnock. Kilbirnie by the sounds of it are not playing well but do have four games in hand, so at least they have few more games to turn it around.

If cumnock score first on Saturday they will win match, we have been DREADFUL for most of the season , management under huge pressure, lose and they must go ,

A Cumnock fan shouting for the new manager to get the bag.......how strange!

Last weeks result was massive for us. Can't believe we are still in with a shout considering the doings we have had this season.

Another big game against the Glens this week at home, maybe get a wee bit of revenge for the skelping they gave us down at their place.

Although four of the goals from the six were toppers.

Looking at it i would say it's more a must win for cumnock. Kilbirnie by the sounds of it are not playing well but do have four games in hand, so at least they have few more games to turn it around.

I agree % wise it's a game that if the nock lose or draw we won't even get a play off spot win then that puts kilbirnie completely in the mix again even if they have games to play as that doesn't mean much as we're all down here for no other reason than we just ain't good enough at this point. I know looking back some games were close and we've been unlucky not to get anything, like dominating the game against medda at home and losing that game from cruising and 2 nil up to lose 3-2 I could go on but I won't

I agree % wise it's a game that if the nock lose or draw we won't even get a play off spot win then that puts kilbirnie completely in the mix again even if they have games to play as that doesn't mean much as we're all down here for no other reason than we just ain't good enough at this point. I know looking back some games were close and we've been unlucky not to get anything, like dominating the game against medda at home and losing that game from cruising and 2 nil up to lose 3-2 I could go on but I won't

If we (kilbirnie) lose on Saturday we have a mountain to climb, that would put the nock five points ahead of us ,yes we would have four games in hand, but Talbot twice,bankies twice, beith away, arthurlie at vale,shotts at vale, no easy games there!!!!!

Bottom 4 pretty much nailed on after yesterday's results, just a case of who finishes where now. Talbot firmly in the driving seat at the top with Meadow dropping more points.

Only Beith v Cumnock next Saturday.

No further fixtures on the website but Beith seem to be sure they are hosting Kilbirnie on 4th April. I've heard the region want to get that one out of the way soon as they don't want to end up in the position where Beith could officially relegate Kilbirnie.

Looks like non of the bottom four will get to our total of 23 points last season, no that am bitter or anything ha.

Seriously though this is real hard to call at the bottom, wouldn't want to be in any of those teams positions. My hunch all along is kilbirnie would just escape bottom three, and that Shotts and Clydebank will go down. Now starting to think Clydebank and cumnock will go down with Shotts or kilbirnie in playoff.

Bottom 4 pretty much nailed on after yesterday's results, just a case of who finishes where now. Talbot firmly in the driving seat at the top with Meadow dropping more points.

Only Beith v Cumnock next Saturday.

No further fixtures on the website but Beith seem to be sure they are hosting Kilbirnie on 4th April. I've heard the region want to get that one out of the way soon as they don't want to end up in the position where Beith could officially relegate Kilbirnie.

That's ok then Talbot will just play them on a Wednesday and then the next Saturday

Archived