• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
Brebner & boozy

Players taking step up

Edinburgh University will be partly tax payer funded but I believe it has a lot of English students and also non - EU ones ; all of whom have to pay tuition fees. It will also attract plenty of sponsorship. In the scheme of things football facilities will not be a huge part of the whole Uni budget.

Yeah I get that. But they will be paying tuition fees for there course work. Football is outwith that which as you say will be paid for by the tax payer. It's wrong. Other clubs have to work there bollocks off to fund there facilities where as the uni are given them.

Yeah I get that. But they will be paying tuition fees for there course work. Football is outwith that which as you say will be paid for by the tax payer. It's wrong. Other clubs have to work there bollocks off to fund there facilities where as the uni are given them.

No, their tuition fees go to the university as a whole, paying for things over and above academic provision - subsidised accommodation, social areas and sports - not just football. University funding is very complicated, and tax payers do contribute but I don't think it's accurate to say that the new facilities are purely tax payer funded. Other clubs get grants and subsidies as well, many of which are at least partly tax-payer funded. Perhaps what we need are fewer clubs above amateur level so the limited money can be spent on providing excellent facilities for them.

No, their tuition fees go to the university as a whole, paying for things over and above academic provision - subsidised accommodation, social areas and sports - not just football. University funding is very complicated, and tax payers do contribute but I don't think it's accurate to say that the new facilities are purely tax payer funded. Other clubs get grants and subsidies as well, many of which are at least partly tax-payer funded. Perhaps what we need are fewer clubs above amateur level so the limited money can be spent on providing excellent facilities for them.

I bow to your superior knowledge Mancini. Your last sentence re fewer clubs I completely agree with but that's opening up a whole new can of worms!!!

as a young lthv team just beat whw 6-1 im not being cheeky here but how would that be a step up ?

Whitehill missing players who where at T in the park... And LTHV played well.