Any friendlies this week (12th July)?

Sergeant Wilson

Junior teams can't play friendlies between the the 3rd Saturday in June and the 3rd Saturday in July.

I suspected that might be what was going on. There's loads on down south, but I won't make those. Just need to content myself for another week.

19th is the official date for starting, though undoubtedly there will be a few "unofficial select" games flying under the radar already... :bag

And someone from a rival club will no doubt ask "How did xyz get on in their friendly against abc this afternoon" in the hope someone from the SJFA will notice.

And someone from a rival club will no doubt ask "How did xyz get on in their friendly against abc this afternoon" in the hope someone from the SJFA will notice.

I know, and that's what makes a mockery of the whole thing - if teams want to get an early start to suss out new players, that should be up to them if they can find opposition to play them.

We all know it goes on - I heard of one happening the last week of June ffs! - but all it takes is someone with an axe to grind to clipe in order to get a team into hot water.

I know, and that's what makes a mockery of the whole thing - if teams want to get an early start to suss out new players, that should be up to them if they can find opposition to play them.

We all know it goes on - I heard of one happening the last week of June ffs! - but all it takes is someone with an axe to grind to clipe in order to get a team into hot water.

The clubs need to sort it out - it was voted on last year and kept in place.

Madness.

Archived