2014-15 Predictions

It's about time to make wildly inaccurate predictions on how the table will end up. Annoying opposition fans is desirable but not compulsory, tho probably unavoidable.

To start us off I'll go with

1. Dunfermline

2. Morton

3.stranraer

4. Stenny

5. Airdrie

6. Ayr

7. Brechin

8. Forfar

9. Peterhead

10. Stirling

Teams grouped together I'm unsure of order and stenny ive had a bit of a wild(er) guess at tbh

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-Dunfermline ( It's our best chance, think we will do it )

2-Airdrie ( I just reckon Bollan will pull it out the bag )

3-Morton ( Safely in the playoffs, decent season )

4-Forfar ( Tough solid team )

5-Ayr ( Not too sure about Ayr, best of the rest perhaps? )

6-Stirling ( Always quite liked them, hopefully have a good early run of form)

7-Brechin ( Might struggle, but solid enough )

8-Stranraer ( I don't think they will replicate last season )

9-Stenhousemuir ( Losing Gemmell was a bad move I think, not heard anything decent about the new manager either, may struggle)

10-Peterhead ( sorry folks, I hope I'm wrong, its unlikely that the two promoted teams will stay up, all the best and I look forward to an away trip.)

Morton to win the playoff final and not-sure who'll come down.

Just my guess. Will probably be completely wrong though!

That Ayr don't have eleven players yet points to an abject campaign for them at least. If Morton are in the top two or anywhere near a title challenge then I'd be surprised.

Morton should be comfortably in the top 2, this really is a brutal league (even allowing for Morton's shiteness).

My prediction

Pars

Morton

Stenny

Stranraer

Airdrie

Peterhead

Brechin

Forfar

Ayr

Stirling.

1. Pars

2. Morton

3. Stenny

4. Stranraer

5. Airdrie

6. Peterhead

7. Stirling Albion

8. Ayr United

9. Forfar

10. Brechin

Places 5 to 10 could be in any order to be fair. Can't see anything other than Pars and Morton being in the top 2. I expect Stranraer to have another good season and Stenny have some good players and a competent manager in his second season in charge.

Traitor that I am:

Morton

Pars

Airdrie

Stranraer

Ayr

Stenny

Brechin

Forfar

Peterhead

Stirling Albion

No offence to the new boys - just no idea about what they'll be like and despite what despondent Ayr fans may say I don't think there are any obvious contenders for a terrible season.

Would love to be more optimistic about Pars' chances but the way we finished the season was poor. Morton are adding well and probably have less emotional baggage with a new management team and so many new players. We've a couple of good additions but are essentially the same core of guys who were found lacking when the pressure was on.

Traitor that I am:

Morton

Pars

Airdrie

Stranraer

Ayr

Stenny

Brechin

Forfar

Peterhead

Stirling Albion

No offence to the new boys - just no idea about what they'll be like and despite what despondent Ayr fans may say I don't think there are any obvious contenders for a terrible season.

Would love to be more optimistic about Pars' chances but the way we finished the season was poor. Morton are adding well and probably have less emotional baggage with a new management team and so many new players. We've a couple of good additions but are essentially the same core of guys who were found lacking when the pressure was on.

Your season last year reminds me of when we were last in the second division and had Gretna in the same league as us at a time when they were going through their money is no object spell. They romped the league like Rangers did last season and we finished second 18 points behind them with 70 points but 13 ahead of Peterhead and Thistle who both had 57 points. We lost the play offs and that was more gutting in many ways to being relegated. At least you lost to a championship side.

The next season we romped the league but as the only truly full time side in the league (from memory Raith had a hybrid squad). This season depends on how well our new guys gel and on signings yet to come. Pars at least have a relatively settled team albeit with Page in it!! It will be interesting.

I guess my wild random guess is as good as anyone else's....

1. Greenock Morton

2. Dunfermline Athletic

3. Airdrieonians

4. Ayr United

5. Stenhousemuir

6. Brechin City

7. Stranraer

8. Forfar Athletic

9. Stirling Albion

10. Peterhead

As a further wild prediction Ayr United's placing will be on the back of a bad start, a required managerial change in time for emergency spending in January that grabs us a play-off place on the last game of the season. Otherwise we'll finish eight :(

Archived