Fantasy Football 2016

Stewbo

31pts ahead with Mixon to go against Bell, should be plenty for me. With both teams either side of me looking like losing it appears it's enough to not only clinch the 1st round bye but also sneak into #1 spot at the last. Despite Matt Ryan doing next to nothing for me for weeks.

Avoided relegation by the width of a midge’s pube.

3 of us at 6-7 in the Division, well done to GingerSaint who’s 11th hour, 1.63 point victory over divisional rival DensParkNumber1 last night secured his safety with myself and division winner JStrummer.

A season to forget for sure :(

30 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Hmm, going to have to put a stewards enquiry in to me missing the playoffs?

FF’s own rules have me ranked 6th but is seeding me 7th?!

I thought 1st tie-break for the league was head to head?

So yourself, Andy and Mo had a 3 way tie for the last 2 spots after the head to head TB. Division record isnt considered because its a 3 way tie. So it then comes down to points scored, in which you were 3rd of the 3...

So yourself, Andy and Mo had a 3 way tie for the last 2 spots after the head to head TB. Division record isnt considered because its a 3 way tie. So it then comes down to points scored, in which you were 3rd of the 3...

Unless FF have changed in last couple of years (which don’t get me wrong they may have!):

We start with a 5 way tie - Head to Head applies only when there is a sweep (literally only just realised this only comes up when you hover over it in Tiebreakers) and as no-one swept, it would jump to rule 3 (as its cross divisional which would negate rule 2 (?)) of PF - which Mo wins - so he should get 5th seed (he is ranked 5th but seeded 6th).

We are then left with a 4 way tie for the 6th seed which is immediately settled by Rule 1 as I swept the other 3 teams H2H and as FF is ranking me 6th it appears to have indeed done this...and then seeded me 7th?!

(I couldn’t find anywhere that says FF wouldn’t resort back to rule 1 (as it did in previous years) to process the next tiebreak, and I’m pretty sure it is the same as the NFL operates for wildcards. (Again, happy to be shown to be wrong on this as I know they change from time to time!!!)

I can see an old reply from a Fleaflicker Admin covering a similar example to the above, but it’s from 4 seasons ago, hence why I can understand if they have changed in the time since, but their actual Rankings suggest it’s still the same!

Is relegation based on position within the division or ranking? 
I've been shite this year. 

In the top league, since we expanded to 16 teams across the 4 divisions, it’s been the bottom team in each division that goes down.

Not 100% sure about the lower leagues

45 minutes ago, Paul Marnie said:

In the top league, since we expanded to 16 teams across the 4 divisions, it’s been the bottom team in each division that goes down.

Not 100% sure about the lower leagues

Cheers Paul. Looks like I'm safe then.

Unless FF have changed in last couple of years (which don’t get me wrong they may have!):

We start with a 5 way tie - Head to Head applies only when there is a sweep (literally only just realised this only comes up when you hover over it in Tiebreakers) and as no-one swept, it would jump to rule 3 (as its cross divisional which would negate rule 2 (?)) of PF - which Mo wins - so he should get 5th seed (he is ranked 5th but seeded 6th).

We are then left with a 4 way tie for the 6th seed which is immediately settled by Rule 1 as I swept the other 3 teams H2H and as FF is ranking me 6th it appears to have indeed done this...and then seeded me 7th?!

(I couldn’t find anywhere that says FF wouldn’t resort back to rule 1 (as it did in previous years) to process the next tiebreak, and I’m pretty sure it is the same as the NFL operates for wildcards. (Again, happy to be shown to be wrong on this as I know they change from time to time!!!)

I can see an old reply from a Fleaflicker Admin covering a similar example to the above, but it’s from 4 seasons ago, hence why I can understand if they have changed in the time since, but their actual Rankings suggest it’s still the same!

Anything happening with this Stewbo or is 7th place getting in to the playoffs?

3 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

Anything happening with this Stewbo or is 7th place getting in to the playoffs?

Fleaflicker power rank is different to playoff ranking. It may be the case that the top 3 teams from each division make the playoffs.

If you look on the playoffs tab, it gives you a breakdown of each time a tiebreaker was used. It looks like all divisional tiebreakers were sorted first (putting Siemian above you, and Ayr Honeybadgers above the others in that division). Then another tiebreaker based on head to head between those two teams. 

Fleaflicker power rank is different to playoff ranking. It may be the case that the top 3 teams from each division make the playoffs.
If you look on the playoffs tab, it gives you a breakdown of each time a tiebreaker was used. It looks like all divisional tiebreakers were sorted first (putting Siemian above you, and Ayr Honeybadgers above the others in that division). Then another tiebreaker based on head to head between those two teams. 

Which totally makes sense as to how to end up with 7th above 6th.

However, if you take each position individually e.g work out 1st then once that’s done then look at working out 2nd etc, when you get to 6th place you are left with a 4-way tie which I win on The 1st tie-breaker rule.

If it’s 3 from each division then fair enough, but could only see Division Winners being ranked higher, as opposed to 2nd/3rd etc.

Just seems daft that the 6 playoff spots are filled by teams ranked 1-5 & 7.

15 hours ago, Paul Marnie said:

Pretty sure with promotion it’s a case of: if you make the semis, you’re up

This^

Sorry guys my emails have been messed up the last few days. Just got a good 400 through at once -_-

Kev - Fleaflicker sets up their playoffs based on the tiebreakers. The chain of tiebreaks is listed at the side of the playoff page. Why its not the same as the ‘ranking’ thing they have I dont know

Question specifically for division 1 guys: how have you all found the roster size, scoring, lineup compilation, etc. This season?

Just looking to see if theres a way for me to run things smoother going forward and 3 divisions of 14 seems to be a nice round figure.

I’ll work out costs and such to see what options we have, but want to start working on it just now so nobody is taken by surprise come the offseason

23 minutes ago, Stewbo said:

Question specifically for division 1 guys: how have you all found the roster size, scoring, lineup compilation, etc. This season?

Just looking to see if theres a way for me to run things smoother going forward and 3 divisions of 14 seems to be a nice round figure.

I’ll work out costs and such to see what options we have, but want to start working on it just now so nobody is taken by surprise come the offseason

I'm not a fan of the lineups. That extra player that needs to be started is horrifically bad. Through bye weeks and injuries, it's crazy.

22 hours ago, GingerSaint said:

I'm not a fan of the lineups. That extra player that needs to be started is horrifically bad. Through bye weeks and injuries, it's crazy.

Noted :)

I should have a proposal ready in the next couple of weeks for how to go forward with it, so if anybody else has feedback before then Id love to hear it :) (group chat squad your ideas have already been taken, no need to echo them here or itll confuse me :P )