Fantasy Football 2016

Stewbo

I don't mind kickers being removed but would prefer they are included. D/ST really should remain however - I am really against removing D/ST, A fee (as long as its relatively low) isn't that much of an issue tbh.

Just my tuppence though . . . I appreciate others may differ.

Edited by cal234ey

Not really fussed on kickers but think something definitely needed done with D/ST, even if it was just a change to lower their scoring potential - looking at Div 2 last season, D/ST scored on average nearly double what the TE position did and would personally want more importance to the skill position.

There was also games last year where a D/ST went absolutely crazy and won weeks for people - it's a bit more bearable when a QB or RB does this to you, rather than a D!!!

Should be good having extra flex spots as most teams will probably draft 2 or 3 potential sleepers, rather than the usual 1 who ends up getting cut when you need a roster spot after week 1. Should make last few rounds of the draft/rookies a bit more relevant.

Also hate the fact that your D/ST score can get impacted when they aren't even on the field.

I get what you are saying about 22 players though, and that's a fair point, just always viewed QB, RB, WR and TE as the main events with Fantasy

Obviously will play whatever the scoring settings are, but really not a fan of the TE buff.

Kelce, who was last year's TE1 with a mediocre TE season compared to preceding years, would have scored more points that DeMarco Murray, last year's RB5 even though their stat lines compare:

Kelce 90 receptions/1202yds/4tds
Murray 53 receptions/1665 total yds/9 tds

That's mental

I'd actually withdrawn from this a few months ago but it doesn't ever appear to have been received. As it transpires I'm OK for it now. I think the D/ST needed toned down a bit, I'm sure there was 1 week where I got about 40 points from it but it wasn't *that* great a performance. Removing it altogether seems a bit much but I suppose it's different.

And since I'm 99% to be there this time unlike last year I won't get autodrafted 4 fucking QBs (last time I'll mention this, I promise).

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I've signed up to play in a fantasy league but I have no idea how it works.

Short guide please.

Check whether it's a PPR (points per reception) league or standard league. I'd say most leagues are either full PPR or half PPR now from my limited experience.

As it says on the tin, PPR leagues give points per each catch , so if you have say Odell Beckham and he gets 10 catches for 100 yards and 2 TDs you'd get 32 points under PPR , 27 under half PPR and 22 under standard- again most leagues run with 6 points per TD and 0.1 pt per receiving yard but leagues can vary the system entirely (see: the last page of this thread)

After that for your first season I'd probably just google Fantasy NFL rankings (PPR/ Standard) - there's loads of sites online and most of them will give a decent list for free. Have a cheat sheet or spreadsheet ready for whenever you draft, with a top 100-200 depending on the size of the league. Don't follow it slavishly though. RBs and WRs are the most important players in fantasy unless your league has some odd scoring system. Leave picking your D/ST and kicker til the last 2 rounds is normally a good idea as you won't keep the D/ST for the season unless they start off highly ranked (e.g Patriots) and end up staying there and kickers are just a crapshoot. Or a crap shot normally.

On 27/08/2017 at 23:00, Paul Marnie said:

Obviously will play whatever the scoring settings are, but really not a fan of the TE buff.

Kelce, who was last year's TE1 with a mediocre TE season compared to preceding years, would have scored more points that DeMarco Murray, last year's RB5 even though their stat lines compare:

Kelce 90 receptions/1202yds/4tds
Murray 53 receptions/1665 total yds/9 tds

That's mental

Yeah its tough to balance TE out. Points per first down would do it but its not a metric that fleaflicker tracks yet. Like I said, its experimental, it needs some tinkering. Im desperately trying to get away from that mindset that you can only play WR/RB in a flex spot though. I did have a scoring setup where superflex would work but I didnt want to overcomplicate things for some of the more casual guys.

i think Im going to drop a flex spot as well. Im fine with the 3 but it doesnt seem very popular. DSTs are still out for this year though, its just too much work to balance those as well as everything else. It'll probably be back next year, but like a few of you have mentioned the scoring setup we had was a bit wild some weeks. Hopefully the one i have running in the other league where its basically just big plays that score will work out and theres no tinkering necessary

Roughly what time will the draft order be randomised at tonight

so that I'm not frantically checking every 15 minutes

how much do I have to bribe you for the No. 2 spot

so I can mock draft as often as possible in 24 hours

asking for a friend.

Edited by Paul Marnie

23 minutes ago, Paul Marnie said:

Roughly what time will the draft order be randomised at tonight

so that I'm not frantically checking every 15 minutes

how much do I have to bribe you for the No. 2 spot

so I can mock draft as often as possible in 24 hours

asking for a friend.