Fantasy Football 2016

Stewbo

2 hours ago, GingerSaint said:

Good read. 

I've always preferred a combination of Best Player Available and Zero RB although I have had a crisis of confidence lately and think getting stud RB's might be the way to go. David Johnson, Le'Veon Bell and Zeke Elliot are guaranteed a minimum of 20 points a game nowadays whereas the top receivers are prone to quiet games. Whatever way I go, I will never value QB's or TE's.

Thanks! Im sure I missed some looser strategies but it was more to cover the basics and just make some new players aware of how others might be looking to build their teams, and just have a rough idea of ways to start off their roster construction and what the plus and minus points of them are. If I can convert one person to dynasty from exclusively redraft I'll be happy :)

Interesting read, especially seeing as this is going to be my first Dynasty season. I suspect I know roughly what my preferred route will be but I have a whole lot of research to do over the summer.

3 hours ago, Spain said:

Interesting read, especially seeing as this is going to be my first Dynasty season. I suspect I know roughly what my preferred route will be but I have a whole lot of research to do over the summer.

Exactly why I started the series mate ;) Ive started up a lot of new dynasty leagues this season and a lot of folks are very new to dynasty. I was lucky in that my first one it was basically everyone getting chucked in at the deep end so we all had the same struggles with drafting and evaluation and everything.

Since then I've realised not everyone gets that chance to learn along with the league so I thought I'd do something to try and help out, cut out some of the uncertainty or even just lend some guidance in what to expect. 

But yeah, thanks for reading it man, i really appreciate it. I'll have a few new ones coming out before the season too looking at Team Building, Rookie Drafts and Scouting (Trading, Startup Draft and Basic Tips already up on the site), if youre interested :)

38 minutes ago, cal234ey said:

Definitely worth the read. Makes me want to join a dynasty league for the coming season now!

Don't. It's like a disease that will take over your life. I have 10 leagues now. It's completely unmanageable during the season.

5 hours ago, cal234ey said:

Definitely worth the read. Makes me want to join a dynasty league for the coming season now!

I actually started working on something today you might be interested in... :ph34r:

I'll let you know if it goes ahead

• 1 month later...

Mariota is a top 20 asset in 2QB this year. Perception on Gronk is way too low just now, seeing him consistently fall to 3rd round in start-ups. I like him in the mid 2nd personally, but you might struggle to get that atm.

I think Gronk is a shoot for the stars option. He will give you matchup winning weeks where he goes for 20+ points, then from time to time he will give you poor weeks and he's also a massive injury risk. I think his injury history will mean the Patriots don't use him as much as they can or how much his talent dictates. They will try to keep him fresh and healthy for the playoffs.

Give me Greg Olsen in the 6th/7th if I'm going for a premium TE. Alternatively, get a young guy like Hunter Henry or Austin Hooper that may turn into a reliable top 5 TE and roll with someone like Delanie Walker or Martellus Bennett until then. There's also a supposedly great draft class that may come to fruition in the next few of years. 

I just don't "get" Gronk, yeh he's the best TE by a good bit, but it's such a volatile position I'd rather have value elsewhere.

That said, as an owner, there will be loads of others willing to pay a Kings ransom for him...ask for the world

1 minute ago, Paul Marnie said:

I just don't "get" Gronk, yeh he's the best TE by a good bit, but it's such a volatile position I'd rather have value elsewhere.

That said, as an owner, there will be loads of others willing to pay a Kings ransom for him...ask for the world

For me its more that volatility that pushes me toward him. Kelce is good, but you cant count on him for TDs very often. Eifert and Reed are usually good for a TD but theyre as injury prone as Gronk is without the same ceiling. Everybody else is a mish-mash of 'maybe he can be a top 6 option this week, maybe not?'. I dont really want those guys on my team, and Im not a fan of streaming any positions other than K/DST if i have to

Hmmmmm, how about the pair for Keenan Allen/Watkins, Bryant, Bradford and Swoope/Brate? Even that seems dirt cheap to me but you need some depth and those guys would offer it with some upside.

Mariota = Allen/Watkins

Gronk = Bryant + Bradford + Swoope/Brate