Fantasy Football 2016

Stewbo

Well, I've kept my winning streak going in Division 2, sneaking past Alcantaras  to win our Wildcard playoff.
I've had horrible scoring in all my leagues this week but managed to win all my games somehow

Congrats on the win! My team finally got what they deserve in a low scoring defeat after so many low scoring weeks and still winning. Good luck in the rest of the playoffs

Over 170 points in a playoff week and 43 clear of the next highest scorer, that's how it's done 8)

Roll on the final in this, and the auction league which I've squeeked into a little less convincingly.

On 12/12/2016 at 09:58, Kevchenko said:

With the 4th promotion place being decided by avg points, am I right in thinking the top 4 in Division 2 will now all be promoted, unless Alcantras finishes 4th, in which case it depends on who finishes 4th bottom?

Looks like there is also a scenario if he finishes 4th and Brightside is 4th bottom that he goes up by scoring a total of 1.05 points more during the season?!

Sorry I meant to answer this when i saw it the other day; I believe that is the case. It will require some manual maths though, (the fleaflicker averages only consider the regular season games, not the playoffs/consolation playoffs. So i'll work that out after next weeks games and post up whats happening.

any of you who have made it to the playoff finals this week, congratulations! Well deserved, whether its securing promotion or being in with a shot of winning the most bragging rights. I feel like i should have trophies made for every division so it feels like more of an accomplishment :)

7 minutes ago, Stewbo said:

Sorry I meant to answer this when i saw it the other day; I believe that is the case. It will require some manual maths though, (the fleaflicker averages only consider the regular season games, not the playoffs/consolation playoffs. So i'll work that out after next weeks games and post up whats happening.

any of you who have made it to the playoff finals this week, congratulations! Well deserved, whether its securing promotion or being in with a shot of winning the most bragging rights. I feel like i should have trophies made for every division so it feels like more of an accomplishment :)

Looking into it its not actually super expensive to get trophies made up :lol:

Im sure I could sort something out for next season if thats something you guys would be interested in? Would probably involve everyone chipping in like £1.50/£2 but that's not too crazy

4 hours ago, Stewbo said:

Looking into it its not actually super expensive to get trophies made up :lol:

Im sure I could sort something out for next season if thats something you guys would be interested in? Would probably involve everyone chipping in like £1.50/£2 but that's not too crazy

If you go anywhere other than FantasyJocks.com I'd be disappointed bud :lol:

10 minutes ago, Paul Marnie said:

If you go anywhere other than FantasyJocks.com I'd be disappointed bud :lol:

Hahaha Id love to, their trophies are awesome! (As are the belts) But its so damn expensive :( thatd be more like a tenner each by the end of it :lol:

I may, possibly, potentially need one more person for the subscription-based dynasty league I'd mentioned earlier in the topic...

It will be a year round commitment and take place outside of PNB (most news, trades and chat via Facebook group/messenger/Fleaflicker).

If anybody is still interested let me know in a PM and I'll get a reserve list made up. Can give a more detailed description if required as well :)

Over 170 points in a playoff week and 43 clear of the next highest scorer, that's how it's done 8)
Roll on the final in this, and the auction league which I've squeeked into a little less convincingly.

Well done bud.

To be honest I knew I had lost when I saw points after Miami game.

Good luck in final, easily best team in league.

So we have most of our promotions/relegations confirmed so far guys.

It looks like Paul Marnie has battered through the league this year (barring a 40 point Travis Kelce game) to win the top prize in the Premier League. Congratulations Paul, commiserations SLJ who also reached the final.

Our automatic relegation spots from the top division belong to Placid Casual, MoWonderboy and Sloop John B. Sorry to see you go lads, best of luck in Division 1 next season. Narrowly missing out on retaining his Premier League status is Albert Legend, whose performances in the consolation playoffs brought him super close to staying up. His average of 111.08 points per game came in just shy of 4th place in Division 1's TommieR who had an average of 114.64ppg.

Replacing them in the top tier will be the aforementioned TommieR, Jambo Stu, playoff finalist Scotty Tunbridge, and likely Champion Wellfan. Again congratulations to you guys, really strong performances throughout the season and thoroughly deserving of the move up.

Dropping out of Division 1, we have FifeSaint and Jagfox falling in to automatic relegation in the bottom 2 spots. Due to a 3-way tied record in the regular season, the 3rd team dropping down to Division 2 next year will be Reluctant Hero by virtue of his 1st round consolation playoff defeat. The last promotion spot gets complicated, I'll run down that at the end...

Winning promotion to Division 1, we have our playoff finalists Spain and KevGallagher - both of whom have a shot at the title - so congratulations to you guys and best of luck with the games tonight.

The promotion vs relegation playoff has actually already been decided - both of the D2 teams competing for promotion vastly outscored the D1 teams battling relegation. So GCrumps and ChoppeReid will both be playing Division 1 fantasy football in 2017. Again, because of equal midseason records, the relegation all hinges on this last matchup between the two: Pockets currently leads by 0.35 points, with Matt Stafford up against Brightside's Travis Kelce. A win for either team would make them the 10th ranked team, thus avoiding that inter-divisional decider of average points for between 4th bottom and 4th top (again, already decided).

I should say as well - thanks so much to everyone who played this season. It's been by far my most interesting experiment as a fantasy commissioner and I'm glad it's worked out so well. Hopefully y'all have enjoyed yourselves as well and you'll all be back next season. I cant imagine any other community can put together a group of committed and passionate fantasy owners close to this size in a coordinated structure. Thank you so much for helping me make this a success :)

Yeah, filling three divisions is some feat. Great setup.

I really need to trim down my leagues though. An unmanageable 10 leagues makes it impossible to pour over the waiver wire each week. Won 1 of them and got £195 though. Not bad.

Edited by GingerSaint

It looks like Paul Marnie has battered through the league this year (barring a 40 point Travis Kelce game) to win the top prize in the Premier League. Congratulations Paul, commiserations SLJ who also reached the final.

tenor.gif

Commiserations to SLJ, a good final that, thanks to Travis Kelce, was kept interesting til the end.

Nice to get my title back after a year out of my hands.

A huge thank you to David Johnson & Drew Brees, without whom, none of this would be possible.

Thanks also to Stewbo for commissioning the league set-up, exemplarily as usual.

I look forward to defending my crown/gloating for the entire off-season

• 2 months later...

https://deepdynastyfootball.com/

Got a few new articles up on the site if anybody is interested. In particular if any of you have fancied giving the dynasty leagues a go and wanted a few pointers before jumping in at the deep end, Ive been working on a beginners guide to dynasty that you might fancy having a read at :)

Ed: definitely not the wrong link I pasted...nup, no way no how...

Edited by Stewbo

57 minutes ago, Stewbo said:

https://deepdynastyfootball.com/

Got a few new articles up on the site if anybody is interested. In particular if any of you have fancied giving the dynasty leagues a go and wanted a few pointers before jumping in at the deep end, Ive been working on a beginners guide to dynasty that you might fancy having a read at :)

Ed: definitely not the wrong link I pasted...nup, no way no how...

Good read. 

I've always preferred a combination of Best Player Available and Zero RB although I have had a crisis of confidence lately and think getting stud RB's might be the way to go. David Johnson, Le'Veon Bell and Zeke Elliot are guaranteed a minimum of 20 points a game nowadays whereas the top receivers are prone to quiet games. Whatever way I go, I will never value QB's or TE's.