Fantasy Football 2016

Stewbo

So I was going to wait until post-Superbowl to kick off the off-season 'GM meeting' type chat, but figure it wont do any harm to get things moving just now, keep the thread active and all that ;)

Feel free to raise any issues we had last year, propose any rule changes that maybe didnt work or that would improve things going forward. Any new team entries for next season can be discussed in here as well.

The ones I've been pondering so far:

Keepers - I think I 'may' have worked out a way where changing the format to include 1 or 2 keeper players could work despite the relegation/promotion structure. It will probably hinge on the following proposal as well though...

Draft Positions - I dont remember if we actually discussed this last off season or not. I was going to suggest instead of the draft order being determined randomly or by last season's standings, as I had planned originally, that we have the players effectively bottom of each league (so the promoted teams, then worst remaining non-playoff team to best, followed by playoff ranking). This would probably only work for redraft of course, if we decided to try keepers then it would be the bottom to top order for the first round then standard snake format.

So we have a few options:

Option A: Keep things as is, redraft format with random draft order next season

Option B: Redraft format with bottom to top draft order next season

Option C: Redraft format with teams choosing their draft positions in bottom to top order

Option D: Keeper format (1/2 keepers) with bottom to top draft order

Edited by Stewbo

Are there likely to be any spaces / room for expansion, I'd quite like to play next year? I had a debut year in a league with SLJ and Smurph (and others) this year- modesty forbids from saying who won.

no, no it doesn't.

I'd say almost certainly, need one more signup but I've got a backup in mind if need be :) All we ask is dedication from start to finish (not pointing any fingers of course...)

A for me.

I want nothing to do with last season's squad :angry:

It would be starting from next season so this year wouldn't effect any keepers just FYI. Also note that it'l be a snake draft regardless of any changes, NFL style only really works for dynasty leagues.

Edited by Stewbo

A for me too.

Should be a clean slate every year for this one.

However, I would be open to some kind of compitition to determine the draft order. Something like predicting the draft? It would be hard to get everyone to play I would imagine.

Yeh; I like the idea of something to determine the draft order but it could be tough!

Using an event we have no control over could be fun; need an event with at least 16 different possibilities though