Fantasy Football 2016

Stewbo

Just watching that Texans game just now, when did Fitzpatrick get amazing nd why has he not played like that the rest of the season?!

Cos he was playing the Titans. We are horrible, worse than Oakland horrible.

Look's like I'm staying up. Fucking ay!

ETA: I played Andrew Luck in 3 leagues this week and still might win all 3. Strange week.

Edited by Dee4Life1893

Ok sorry it's taken a while, but here's a quick glance at the Pie & Bovril Fantasy League playoff picture across all three tiers.

Division 2:

It seems we've ended up with a super competitive league here for the most part with no team having fewer than 5 wins for the season as a whole. Sadly though that high level of competition has also meant that we've got our playoff teams already decided going in to the last week of the regular season.

We already have one conference champion from Division 2 South, so congrats to WellFan and his team Cruzin To Victories who fared better than their namesake in the 2014 season and mustered up an 8-5 record to take home the Southern conference title. The North conference is still up for grabs as early leader Fife Saint goes in needing a win over Mr Bairn in this weeks games while also hoping for a loss from Smurph's MD Twente Twente to top their half of the table and potentially take the number one seed for the playoffs.

So well done to WellFan, Smurph, Fife Saint and Mr Bairn for making the playoffs.

tumblr_ng0yib515Q1skmhqbo1_400.gif

Only two of you can progress to division one though, so I guess this is where the real battle starts.

Division 1:

Already in to playoff season in the first division this week with Stevie Les' TMNBs taking on JStrummer and LeSean Of The Dead, and BishyTon's Hash (Ahh-ahhhh) Gordons going up against Sloop John B and Dey Der-Kuh-Derrrr in the first round this week. These matchups will decide the final two teams to be promoted to the Premier League next season, with Reluctant Hero and Simplistic's teams having already clinched promotion with their top two seedings. So congratulations to all of you guys and good luck in the playoffs.

Heading down the way we've got Super A and the Whales Vagina Chargers of San Di-ahgo and Big Mougie's Maryhill Minghawks who'll be playing 2nd division fantasy football next year thanks to a 4-9 record, the Gowrie Gaels' superior head to head record, and let's be honest a touch of bad luck. The Gaels narrowly managed to avoid relegation despite closing the season on a 6 game losing streak, Invergowrie Arab will need to get his boys in fighting shape for next year.

Premier League:

We'll get the applause out the way for our playoff contenders straight off the bat. Congratulations to Silvio, Paul Marnie, Gy Diamond, Mo Wonderboy, Stewbo (god that's such a dick move, state of this guy cheering for himself -_- ) and Young Andy. This really is the all or nothing stage, no prizes for second place (or first place technically, but at least you get a title or whatever...). It's going to be close and a hard fought battle every step of the way so I wish you all luck, especially me....

Unfortunately we'll be saying goodbye to 4 of our comrades who'll be facing the super competitive first division teams in 2015 after finishing bottom of their conferences this season. So I would like to send my regards to Jagfox's Partick Beige Jackets, Super Caley and the Moby Vicks, PlacidCasual's Super Furries and the defending champion Lambie's Pigeon Feeds. Good luck for next season lads.

If you guys want to put together some votes for the following categories for your division and send them to me in a PM I'll run a wee award ceremony after next weekend. Voting will close a week on Thursday at kickoff (the 11th).

I'll edit this in the next couple of hours to include some nominees to help narrow it down a bit...

Coach/GM of the Year

I'll leave this a free choice for each division and see how it goes. Different people will have different reasons for their votes

Player of the Year

PL:

Andrew Luck (Fools & Broncos - 5th round draft pick)

DeMarco Murray (TMNBs - 1st round draft pick)

Justin Forsett (Fools & Broncos - waiver claim)

Matt Forte (Suh Girls - 1st round draft pick)

Peyton Manning (Tears of Clowney - 1st round draft pick)

Emmanuel Sanders (Tears of Clowney - 5th round draft pick)

Antonio Brown (Battleships - 2nd round draft pick)

D1:

Andrew Luck (BarG Broncos - 3rd round draft pick)

Arian Foster (Fairmile Fury - 1st round draft pick)

Emmanuel Sanders (TMNBs - 5th round draft pick)

Rob Gronkowski (LeSean of Dead - 3rd round draft pick)

Jeremy Maclin (LeSean of Dead - 9th round draft pick)

Ben Rothlisberger (Our Schaubs - 10th round pick)

D2:

LeVeon Bell (MD2020 - 2nd round draft pick)

Marshawn Lynch (MD2020 - 3rd round draft pick)

Peyton Manning (Cruzin - 2nd round draft pick)

Antonio Brown (69ers - 3rd round draft pick)

DeMarco Murray (69ers - 2nd round draft pick)

Rob Gronkowski (Bairn Brigade - 3rd round draft pick)

Sleeper Hit of the Year

Ben Rothlisberger

Justin Forsett

Golden Tate

DeAndre Hopkins

Ahmad Bradshaw

Mike Evans

Bust of the Year

PL:

Adrian Peterson (Super Furries - 1st round)

Montee Ball (Fools & Broncos - 1st round)

Zac Stacy (Beige Jackets - 1st round)

Doug Martin (Fools & Broncos - 2nd round)

Brandon Marshall (Bolochoweckyj - 2nd round)

Toby Gerhart (Port Pirates - 3rd round)

D1:

Adrian Peterson (Cinci Bagels - 1st round)

Brandon Marshall (Fairmile Fury - 2nd round)

Montee Ball (LeSean of Dead - 2nd round)

Cordarelle Patterson (Gowrie Gaels - 3rd round)

Zach Ertz (Gowrie Gaels - 4th round)

Keenan Allen (BarG Broncos - 4th round)

D2:

Adrian Peterson (Bully Wee Bears - 1st round)

Zac Stacy (Ayr Badgers - 3rd round)

Doug Martin (Ayr Badgers - 4th round)

Pierre Garcon (Ayr Badgers - 5th round)

Ryan Mathews (Cruzin - 5th round)

Frank Gore (Bairn Brigade - 5th round)

Matchup of the Year

PL:

"Never Bench Sanders Again!", Lambie vs Stewbo, Week 3, 108.65 - 108.75

"Out Of Luck", Young Andy vs Mo Wonderboy, Week 3, 121.8 - 119.6

"DeMarco Does Dallas...Again!", Mo Wonderboy vs Paul Marnie, Week 8, 148.8 - 141.1

"The Longshot", GingerSaint vs Paul Marnie, Week 13, 114.35 - 117.1

"Getting High With Hopkins", Kaos vs Stewbo, Week 13, 90.4 - 177.95

D1:

"Texan Tooth Skin", Invergowrie Arab vs Sloop John B, Week 7, 100.35 - 100.2

"As Good As It Gets", Sloop John B vs JStrummer, Week 8, 118 - 207.1

"Laying The Late Night Smackdown", Invergowrie Arab vs Scotty Tunbridge, Week 10, 133.5 - 184.35

"But This Porridge Was Juuuust Wright...", Simplistic vs Super A, Week 11, 89.15 - 92.15

D2:

"Big Day All Around", Smurph vs Wellfan, Week 8, 176 - 108.1

"Sunday Night Special", Dan Effect vs Pockets, Week 9, 86.8 - 87.05

"Lazarus Luck", Bully Wee Villa vs Fife Saint, Week 9, 121.3 - 115.65

"Hot Eagle On Eagle Action", Smurph vs Dan Effect, Week 10, 161.65 - 164

"Clash Of (non-Tennessee) Titans", Wellfan vs Dan Effect, Week 12, 154.95 - 157

Edited by Stewbo

Ok sorry it's taken a while, but here's a quick glance at the Pie & Bovril Fantasy League playoff picture across all three tiers.

Division 2:

It seems we've ended up with a super competitive league here for the most part with no team having fewer than 5 wins for the season as a whole. Sadly though that high level of competition has also meant that we've got our playoff teams already decided going in to the last week of the regular season.

We already have one conference champion from Division 2 South, so congrats to WellFan and his team Cruzin To Victories who fared better than their namesake in the 2014 season and mustered up an 8-5 record to take home the Southern conference title. The North conference is still up for grabs as early leader Fife Saint goes in needing a win over Mr Bairn in this weeks games while also hoping for a loss from Smurph's MD Twente Twente to top their half of the table and potentially take the number one seed for the playoffs.

So well done to WellFan, Smurph, Fife Saint and Mr Bairn for making the playoffs.

Only two of you can progress to division one though, so I guess this is where the real battle starts.

Division 1:

Already in to playoff season in the first division this week with Stevie Les' TMNBs taking on JStrummer and LeSean Of The Dead, and BishyTon's Hash (Ahh-ahhhh) Gordons going up against Sloop John B and Dey Der-Kuh-Derrrr in the first round this week. These matchups will decide the final two teams to be promoted to the Premier League next season, with Reluctant Hero and Simplistic's teams having already clinched promotion with their top two seedings. So congratulations to all of you guys and good luck in the playoffs.

Heading down the way we've got Super A and the Whales Vagina Chargers of San Di-ahgo and Big Mougie's Maryhill Minghawks who'll be playing 2nd division fantasy football next year thanks to a 4-9 record, the Gowrie Gaels' superior head to head record, and let's be honest a touch of bad luck. The Gaels narrowly managed to avoid relegation despite closing the season on a 6 game losing streak, Invergowrie Arab will need to get his boys in fighting shape for next year.

Premier League:

We'll get the applause out the way for our playoff contenders straight off the bat. Congratulations to Silvio, Paul Marnie, Gy Diamond, Mo Wonderboy, Stewbo (god that's such a dick move, state of this guy cheering for himself -_- ) and Young Andy. This really is the all or nothing stage, no prizes for second place (or first place technically, but at least you get a title or whatever...). It's going to be close and a hard fought battle every step of the way so I wish you all luck, especially me....

Unfortunately we'll be saying goodbye to 4 of our comrades who'll be facing the super competitive first division teams in 2015 after finishing bottom of their conferences this season. So I would like to send my regards to Jagfox's Partick Beige Jackets, Super Caley and the Moby Vicks, PlacidCasual's Super Furries and the defending champion Lambie's Pigeon Feeds. Good luck for next season lads.

If you guys want to put together some votes for the following categories for your division and send them to me in a PM I'll run a wee award ceremony after next weekend. Voting will close a week on Thursday at kickoff (the 11th).

I'll edit this in the next couple of hours to include some nominees to help narrow it down a bit...

Coach/GM of the Year

Player of the Year

Sleeper Hit of the Year

Bust of the Year

Matchup of the Year

Really excited to be in this playoff battle now, I do feel like Green Bay in the Playoffs last year though.

From our league I'd say...

Coach - Reluctant Hero

Player - Andy Luck, Demarco Murray or Antonio Brown

Sleeper Hit - Mike Evans

Bust - Adrian Peterson/ Toby Gerhart

Matchup of the Year - Gowrie Gaels 100.35 -100.2 They Took Our Schaubs.

From the PL

Coach of the Year: Assuming I can't vote for myself here (10-3, scored over 100 pts 12/13 weeks) I have to say Silvio. 11-2 & crushed me in the H2H.

Player of the Year: The stats make me want to say Murray...but given the draft value I am gonna say Emmanuel Sanders.

Sleeper: Hopkins. Want to say Tate but I don't think his numbers would be as high had Megatron not got hurt, plus he has Stafford throwing him the ball. Hopkins did remarkable given his circumstances.

Bust: Zac Stacy; no debate. The only guy on the list imo who's poor performance was all on him; no injuries/no hitting children with a branch (allegedly)

Matchup: The squeaky bum matchup of Lambie & Strewbo. Honourable mention to Mo & I's matchup; not as close but the highest scoring matchup of the season.