Fantasy Football 2016

Stewbo

I would agree with Silvio re both Kickers and Tight Ends.

Although tbh my issue is more my general lack of interest in non Dynasty Leagues these days. Love the Auction League as it is something a bit different, but not a big fan of general redraft leagues anymore.

The moderator of our league has done a season recap for every team - here is mine

MOTOWN MENTALISTS
Owner: Christopher
Regular season record: 8-5 (5th)
Points scored: 1089.78 (83.83/game, 9th)
Points against: 1080.56 (83.12/game, 3rd)
Highest score: 110.06 (week 12)
Lowest score: 57.54 (week 6)
Number of century scores: 2
Team MVP: Greg Zuerlein
Strongest starting lineup: Jameis Winston, Tevin Coleman, Duke Johnson, Tyreek Hill, Alshon Jeffrey,
Marvin Jones, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Greg Zuerlein, Broncos
Best value draft pick: Marvin Jones, 12th round – the tenth highest scoring WR in the league
Most disappointing draft pick: Eric Ebron, 4th round – started only 2 games before being released
Number of roster moves: 16 (10=)
Best free agent/trade signing: Greg Zuerlein
Most regretted release: Isaiah Crowell
Summary: After a hot 5-0 start, the Mentalists ran out of steam a bit but still made the playoffs with
plenty to spare, mainly thanks to an impressive stable of WRs and the league’s leading K. It helped
that they didn’t play an opponent with a score of over 100 till week 11 given they themselves didn’t
reach that mark till week 12. It’s not clear if they have enough firepower to win it all.
If they were an NFL team, who would they be? The Philadelphia Eagles. Ridiculous talent at
wideout, but vulnerable against strong opponents.

I suffered with the Quarterback position - I had drafted Winston as my main man, with Carson Palmer as a back-up.  Both had patchy form then both got injured and I ended up alternating Andy Dalton and Josh McCown.  My WRs really won me most of my games - I had Hill, Jeffrey, Jones and Stefon Diggs, as well as Robert Woods, who I released.

Provided Matt Ryan doesn't score -19 points (let's be honest, that's not impossible for him on this year's form) then I'm into my second championship game in a row. Not a particularly high scoring week though, so will need to pick up for next weeks game against probably @ChoppeReid

By really sure how, but aside from last years stinker, I’ve got a ridiculous record in the post season for someone who has a mediocre record. 4-0 in Consolation 1 games, imagine the damage I’d do if I ever have a decent draft.

Question specifically for division 1 guys: how have you all found the roster size, scoring, lineup compilation, etc. This season?
Just looking to see if theres a way for me to run things smoother going forward and 3 divisions of 14 seems to be a nice round figure.
I’ll work out costs and such to see what options we have, but want to start working on it just now so nobody is taken by surprise come the offseason

Was a bit wary of 14 teams initially, but actually really liked the fact it means you play everyone once - seems a good way to run things.....despite the levels of seethe regarding the playoff placings! Incidentally, I would probably back a move to change the 2nd tie-breaker to points for, even though this would have meant me missing out as well, just seems potentially a better way?

Agree that TE scoring definitely seems over powered, haven’t missed kickers, and I hate playing with a DST anyway, purely down to the whole conceding points when they aren’t on the field scenario - but, you could always replace the second flex spot with a single individual D Lineman and have some sort of (low) scoring system around sacks and forced fumbles?! Might be amusing supporting some big fat Defensive Tackle as he chases down a QB! Something a bit different.

Only other thing I can think of is maybe having the draft order randomised a week before the draft if it’s possible? Although I can’t remember if we did that anyway or if it was just before the draft?!

You do a great job running them though, and I like the fact we can try some different things.

Yeah, TE definitely a bit overpowered and maybe QBs underpowered compared to other leagues im in? Think QBs were overpowered last year though so maybe a question of finding a balance. 

Also think in general points for is the best tiebreaker as it helps deal with scheduling luck. You can't control how much your opponent scores so points for shows which team has been good over the whole season. Would probably have humped me this year, certainly wouldn't have got a first round bye anyway. 

Glad you're only playing for promotion in the lower leagues, I would have been beyond fizzing to lose out by a point after two of my players started then got injured including Antonio brown which was probably about 15 points down the toilet. 

Yeah, TE definitely a bit overpowered and maybe QBs underpowered compared to other leagues im in? Think QBs were overpowered last year though so maybe a question of finding a balance. 
Also think in general points for is the best tiebreaker as it helps deal with scheduling luck. You can't control how much your opponent scores so points for shows which team has been good over the whole season. Would probably have humped me this year, certainly wouldn't have got a first round bye anyway. 
Glad you're only playing for promotion in the lower leagues, I would have been beyond fizzing to lose out by a point after two of my players started then got injured including Antonio brown which was probably about 15 points down the toilet. 

Yeah I was very lucky in regards to that. Nearly still lost with Sanu's awful performance though.

22 minutes ago, Albertlegend said:

3 fantasy League, 3 one and done play offs!

Sunday's are a bit empty with no fantasy team to watch on Red Zone, at least the Saints are on Sky this weekend! 

You're looking for this post then chief:

On 9/18/2017 at 20:07, Stewbo said:

https://dkn.gs/r/OsG3Ga5TpUG3wyzDMnbxGw

Just in case anybody who fancies Draft Kings games but isnt in yet. 100% more fun with people you know. Just saying

In only my 3rd year of fantasy football I've risen to be top of the pile in the Premier League after back to back promotions in my previous two seasons.

This was despite me trading Gurley away... Thankfully that owner didn't make the playoffs though [emoji1]

Big congratulations to DarkBlue, ChopperReid and JamboStu on their playoff wins

The league was tough this year, I personally really enjoyed it, and found it really interesting with some of the tweaks made.

I'm still figuring out what to do with next season, unfortunately the best options all involve actually paying for the hosting site. Not much, but I get the feeling we might lose a few folks even asking for 50p per person toward it.

Alternatively I'm willing to step down if somebody else wants to run things from the spreadsheets - It's just gotten big enough that it's not really worth the time investment required from me anymore sadly :/

Whatever we go with, I think one of the core changes we'll have (or I'll at least be recommending) going forward is moving to single division league tables, total points scored and no playoffs. With the amount of people involved, and the promotion/relegation aspect, it simplifies things and keeps everyone involved all the way to the end of the year.

Anyway, we can talk about it further in to the offseason, for now enjoy your win guys, and hoepfully you all had fun :)

• 1 month later...

Okay so I’ll be moving the league over to MFL. I’ll pay for the first season and you can decide if its worth a couple of quid next year.

It’ll be a single division, all-play league with a 24 team playoff bracket. Players can be on a maximum of 3 teams (so we’d have the same lineups/rosters as 3x 14 team leagues)

I’ll post a link up later if anybody wants to take a look at it early