Fantasy Football 2016

Stewbo

I drafted on the NFL's own fantasy site last night, it's pish. You can select keepers, in a sorta redraft league, just means you lose your pick for each keeper. Shite way to do it because you can't see who and how many keepers there are, meaning it's a total lottery, I ended up with a poor team and there's one team who really should walk away with it. FF is the way forward.

Just now, Mr. Brightside said:

I drafted on the NFL's own fantasy site last night, it's pish. You can select keepers, in a sorta redraft league, just means you lose your pick for each keeper. Shite way to do it because you can't see who and how many keepers there are, meaning it's a total lottery, I ended up with a poor team and there's one team who really should walk away with it. FF is the way forward.

Definitely. The accessibility vs complexity is miles ahead of everyone else.

MFL is good too but its very messy and quite hard to navigate if youre not on it often 

Uploaded my board to Fleaflicker last night then did a quick 7 round mock draft. Wasn't too disappointed with my team, but missed out on a couple of players being sniped at the turn which has changed my approach and mindset a little bit. Going to be struggling for time but would like to try another mock before tonight.

In more disappointing news, I haven't had the time to draw up my draft-board on my big whiteboard. It's just on spreadsheet form this year.

Just checked the scoring prior to doing a mock.

Don't really care about losing the kickers and D/ST. I wouldn't go with the TE bump but I'm not too fussed. Can I just clarify the TE gets 1.5 PPR?

What I don't like the most is the kick and punt return yards. I don't remember playing it anywhere in any league I've been in for years. The only time I remember it was about 9 years ago on here when noone had any idea WTF we were doing. By my calculations a QB can go 360 yards 3TD/1INT and get 19 points. A scrub WR can go 4rec for 40 yards and return 5 kicks for 120 yards and get 18 points.

Cue Tyreek Hill going in the 1st round. Just leave a QB till the 15th.

1 hour ago, Dee4Life1893 said:

Just checked the scoring prior to doing a mock.

Don't really care about losing the kickers and D/ST. I wouldn't go with the TE bump but I'm not too fussed. Can I just clarify the TE gets 1.5 PPR?

What I don't like the most is the kick and punt return yards. I don't remember playing it anywhere in any league I've been in for years. The only time I remember it was about 9 years ago on here when noone had any idea WTF we were doing. By my calculations a QB can go 360 yards 3TD/1INT and get 19 points. A scrub WR can go 4rec for 40 yards and return 5 kicks for 120 yards and get 18 points.

Cue Tyreek Hill going in the 1st round. Just leave a QB till the 15th.

Good spot, it actually should be 1PPR for TEs, not 1.5. I had changed this in the original draft of scoring but mustve missed it in the revision. Should be fixed now

We've been playing this league with return yards since I took over it...thats been what, 3 years? 4 maybe? Its not really been an issue. (That receiver in your example would have 12 points btw, not 18)

For what its worth, based on last season this is how the current scoring would spread the positions in terms of Avg Points/Game;

Top 20

QBs - 6

RBs - 7

WRs - 7

Top 100

QBs - 25

RBs - 29

WRs - 31

TEs - 15

Seeing that, Im actually wondering if the TE buff should be 1.5ppr. That would have it looking like;

Top 20

QBs - 5

RBs - 7

WRs - 4

TEs - 4

Top 100

QBs - 24

RBs - 27

WRs - 29

TEs - 20

Yeah screw it, we'll have a go of running with the 1.5ppr TE buff. If it doesnt work we'll change it next year. It gives people a different way to build their team if they want to, and balances out those flex spots like I was trying to. Nothing really at stake if it ends up not working out

Dont tempt me lads :P

in fairness, this was borderline superflex is season. The scoring is pretty good for it, but i didnt want to do too many changes all at once.

I think when I pack in a couple of my leagues next season I'll have a go with a devy league haha