Fantasy Football 2016

Stewbo

Im still deciding whether I want to stagger them again or not :/

its handy if theres folks lose connection or anything but I dont think it was really necessary last year so i might just run them all together.

probably be a 7:30 start for the top flight either way

Different league. This one's a standard snake draft format. The other one is an auction format where you have a budget and bid on players. Two very different ways of doing it but the auction was actually pretty good craic last year.

1 hour ago, Spain said:

Different league. This one's a standard snake draft format. The other one is an auction format where you have a budget and bid on players. Two very different ways of doing it but the auction was actually pretty good craic last year.

Ah ok cheers, just noticed a lot of the same people in it thought it was just a new thread for this years.

1 hour ago, steelmen said:

It's the 31st for the auction league?

What a night that was last year

Isn't that they day for the Divisional League Draft?  

Love the auction league draft, bidding to make people jump and no one does and you get a dude for pennies or jumping yourself. 

8 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Isn't that they day for the Divisional League Draft?  

Love the auction league draft, bidding to make people jump and no one does and you get a dude for pennies or jumping yourself. 

I was trying to be smart last year and ended up overpaying for a few when trying to coax others in and then having to wait ages to pick up straddlers with what little budget I had left.

Worked out in the end though

*cough* won every league I was in *cough*

[insert smug face]

Edited by Spain

On 12/26/2016 at 01:41, Stewbo said:

So we have most of our promotions/relegations confirmed so far guys.

It looks like Paul Marnie has battered through the league this year (barring a 40 point Travis Kelce game) to win the top prize in the Premier League. Congratulations Paul, commiserations SLJ who also reached the final.

Our automatic relegation spots from the top division belong to Placid Casual, MoWonderboy and Sloop John B. Sorry to see you go lads, best of luck in Division 1 next season. Narrowly missing out on retaining his Premier League status is Albert Legend, whose performances in the consolation playoffs brought him super close to staying up. His average of 111.08 points per game came in just shy of 4th place in Division 1's TommieR who had an average of 114.64ppg.

Replacing them in the top tier will be the aforementioned TommieR, Jambo Stu, playoff finalist Scotty Tunbridge, and likely Champion Wellfan. Again congratulations to you guys, really strong performances throughout the season and thoroughly deserving of the move up.

Dropping out of Division 1, we have FifeSaint and Jagfox falling in to automatic relegation in the bottom 2 spots. Due to a 3-way tied record in the regular season, the 3rd team dropping down to Division 2 next year will be Reluctant Hero by virtue of his 1st round consolation playoff defeat. The last promotion spot gets complicated, I'll run down that at the end...

Winning promotion to Division 1, we have our playoff finalists Spain and KevGallagher - both of whom have a shot at the title - so congratulations to you guys and best of luck with the games tonight.

The promotion vs relegation playoff has actually already been decided - both of the D2 teams competing for promotion vastly outscored the D1 teams battling relegation. So GCrumps and ChoppeReid will both be playing Division 1 fantasy football in 2017. Again, because of equal midseason records, the relegation all hinges on this last matchup between the two: Pockets currently leads by 0.35 points, with Matt Stafford up against Brightside's Travis Kelce. A win for either team would make them the 10th ranked team, thus avoiding that inter-divisional decider of average points for between 4th bottom and 4th top (again, already decided).

So @wellfan09 is our missing man from Premier League. @Mo Wonderboy hasnt joined division 1.

I've sent a couple of messages, so if there's no reply by tomorrow night I'll need to give up the spot.

Draft date and time should now be set on FleaFlicker

Any questions let me know

For those of you who havent checked the fleaflicker site:

We're super close to the draft for this season guys, hope you're all excited :)

First thing's first - the draft is on Thursday 31st August. It'll be a live, online draft, with the draft order set on Wednesday night.

We will be trialing a couple of changes this season;

- I've removed defenses and kickers from the lineups. The defences will likely only be for this season until I've tested the new scoring changes (see below). Kickers won't be coming back while I'm running the league I dont think, they just add hassle.

- To replace the removed kickers and defences, I've added in 2 extra flex spots where you can play an additional RB, WR or TE

- I recommend having a look at the league scoring page (which I've conveniently linked here: fleaflicker.com ). I will be testing out how this scoring format works in all 3 divisions this season. It's mostly intended to balance positions and flex eligibility, and further differentiate the QB position. If it doesnt work we'll return to more traditional scoring next season.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Know the scoring and lineups before the draft starts. It won't be crazy, but for anyone who plays in multiple leagues it will probably increase QB and TE value slightly

Any questions, please let me know before the draft

I'm also going to be considering a move over to MFL for hosting the league next season.

It's a bit of a nuisance, but it makes setting things up every year infinitely easier (like taking prep time down to an afternoon, instead of multiple weeks)

The downsides:

- Switching sites

- Slightly worse layout (the basics are pretty easy)

- Pay to play (nothing major, at current numbers probably about £3 per year, can bump up to cover trophy/prizes etc.)

The upsides:

- Easier setup

- More format options (best ball/all-play/custom playoffs/single league table/etc.)

- No hassle switching around/rejoining leagues for promotions and relegations

- Potential for prizes/trophies

- Almost unlimited space for new players (depending on setup)

If anyone has any feedback on this just now please let me know, I'll be checking in every so often during the season to reevaluate as well

23 minutes ago, GingerSaint said:

I think switching to a fee to play format will alienated a good few people regardless of how cheap it is.

Yeah thats my worry as well. Hence asking for feedback on the idea

I love fleaflicker despite its flaws, purely because its so simple and easy to use but still has loads of customisation and stats if you want it.

But for the size and setup of this its getting to the stage where its becoming a chore to set up. If its not popular I might just end up running it off a spreadsheet if I decide to keep it going (and nobody wants to take over of course) :/