Gay Cakes - Should They Be Allowed?

actually having a read back at the story

they said this

Sounds like they wouldn't entertain non married couples sharing a room gay or not.

"The landlady's bar on having unmarried couples share a double room at her three-bedroom establishment could not be viewed as a “proportionate means” of fulfilling her genuine and legitimate religious beliefs, Lord Dyson said."

As I said using religious beliefs as an excuse for bigotry.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it because the bakery have 'come out' and said all the religious bollocks to back up their argument thats the problem

That's a big part of the issue. Clearly bigots they dress this up in religious bullshit and hope to get away with it.

So by sticking up for equal rights to goods and services for all regardless, i am a bigot?

Well done, well done indeed. :lol:

You know fucking fine well what you're trying to do, the fact you first accused me as some sort of bigot apologist then a bigot really shows up how much shite you're talking

In this particular story, the cake shop didn't want to customise a cake. They didn't say they wouldn't serve the individuals because of their sexuality, and now because of this they could potentially be taken to court.

You do have a right to refuse business, try getting in a taxi pished, going to a Rangers shop and ask them to print "King Billy 1690" on the back of the top, they'd probably say no.

You're a right nasty piece of shite trying to brand people as bigots.

You're a right nasty piece of shite trying to brand people as bigots.

Your the one trying to twist things here. I think you know you've fucked this up and are now looking to lay the blame at the feet of others.

The cake shop owners are bigots and don't like gays or think being gay is wrong, or that gays shouldn't have the same rights as everyone else, they are actually being extra sleekit about the whole thing saying it their religious beliefs, which is probably worse than being an outright bigot. You are making excises for their bigoted behaviour, which I am sure you can see to be the case.

Take from that what you will.

Is it because the bakery have 'come out' and said all the religious bollocks to back up their argument thats the problem ? If they just said "Aye, no problem that'll be 300 quid (for a 30 quid cake)" would that be better ? Builders offer ridiculous quotes for stuff if they either can't be arsed or they've got plenty work on. Not trying to justify the bakers poor attitude but if you went into a bakers and asked for a 21st birthday cake and they took the order and then cancelled you'd be a bit pissed off but you'd go to another baker and get it. The bakers are obviously dicks but for the gay (I assume) couple to spit their dummy out is equally dickish I think. If someone doesn't want my money I'll take it somewhere that does. AGAIN I'll say the bakers are arseholes but the couple haven't exactly claimed the high ground either.

You're as thick as shit. Trying to charge £300 for a £30 cake in these circumstances would be as discriminatory.

Stick to posting shite on the Dundee thread, it's your level.

Your the one trying to twist things here. I think you know you've fucked this up and are now looking to lay the blame at the feet of others.

The cake shop owners are bigots and don't like gays or think being gay is wrong, or that gays shouldn't have the same rights as everyone else, they are actually being extra sleekit about the whole thing saying it their religious beliefs, which is probably worse than being an outright bigot. You are making excises for their bigoted behaviour, which I am sure you can see to be the case.

Take from that what you will.

No such thing has been said in the story, you're just making assumptions. hence why people like you are just as bad as the bigot you claim i am

My argument isn't about religion or sexualty.

Now f**k off, i'm done with this conversation.

That's a big part of the issue. Clearly bigots they dress this up in religious bullshit and hope to get away with it.

100% agree, they sound like narrow minded p***ks and I like to think if they were my local baker I wouldn't use them because of the way they've behaved but as I see it they're just guilty of being narrow minded and not breaking the law. I have no time for any form of sky fairy bollocks and people will find all sorts of reasons to back up or justify their own prejudices but the the (gay) couple to try and make a big thing out of it can easily be seen as trying to play the 'gay card' to try and get money out of the company. I'm not saying thats whats happening, I don't know enough about it but we live in a where there's a blame theres a claim culture so its easy to either put them in that 'camp' or the militant camp. Thats why I think no-one looks good in this, its pretty pathetic that the baker wouldn't make their cake and its equally pathetic for the couple to try and build it up into a discrimination case. I can understand why others see it differently but its beamers all round for me.

You're as thick as shit. Trying to charge £300 for a £30 cake in these circumstances would be as discriminatory.

Stick to posting shite on the Dundee thread, it's your level.

You're either being deliberately obtuse or spoiling for an argument.

100% agree, they sound like narrow minded p***ks and I like to think if they were my local baker I wouldn't use them because of the way they've behaved but as I see it they're just guilty of being narrow minded and not breaking the law. I have no time for any form of sky fairy bollocks and people will find all sorts of reasons to back up or justify their own prejudices but the the (gay) couple to try and make a big thing out of it can easily be seen as trying to play the 'gay card' to try and get money out of the company. I'm not saying thats whats happening, I don't know enough about it but we live in a where there's a blame theres a claim culture so its easy to either put them in that 'camp' or the militant camp. Thats why I think no-one looks good in this, its pretty pathetic that the baker wouldn't make their cake and its equally pathetic for the couple to try and build it up into a discrimination case. I can understand why others see it differently but its beamers all round for me.

I understand where you are coming from here, but I don't think they should "just go to another cake shop" narrow minded bigots like this need to be taken to task.

You're either being deliberately obtuse or spoiling for an argument.

I stand by my assertion of your shit like thickness.

The actions of the bakers were homophobic and as such illegal. The fact that their homophobia is sky fairy inspired makes it worse not better.

My first point is a fact, my second is an opinion. You should learn the difference.

I stand by my assertion of your shit like thickness.

The actions of the bakers were homophobic and as such illegal. The fact that their homophobia is sky fairy inspired makes it worse not better.

My first point is a fact, my second is an opinion. You should learn the difference.

Your first point is your assertion of "your shit like thickness" is a fact eh ? Good to know, have we been on the loud mouth soup tonight then old fellah ?

As for the rest of your post, going from the link and not looking into it any further, the bakers are no doubt homophobic and didn't help their cause by quoting bible bollocks to back up their argument but the fact that they took the order in the first place would suggest that there wasn't a policy of refusing service to (I'm guessing) homosexuals. So while the company are probably a horrible bunch TECHNICALLY they probably haven't broken the law.

You seem dead set on a fight about this but I'm not the enemy.

Your first point is your assertion of "your shit like thickness" is a fact eh ? Good to know, have we been on the loud mouth soup tonight then old fellah ?

As for the rest of your post, going from the link and not looking into it any further, the bakers are no doubt homophobic and didn't help their cause by quoting bible bollocks to back up their argument but the fact that they took the order in the first place would suggest that there wasn't a policy of refusing service to (I'm guessing) homosexuals. So while the company are probably a horrible bunch TECHNICALLY they probably haven't broken the law.

You seem dead set on a fight about this but I'm not the enemy.

This will go to court and we'll see if they've TECHNICALLY broken the law or not.

Fair enough, I take it your assessment of my mental faculties will stay the same no matter what though :lol:

I don't think you're mentally unstable, just not very bright. Two very different things.

I don't think you're mentally unstable, just not very bright. Two very different things.

Well that's one thing at least, obviously I'm devastated that you think I'm not very bright. Ho hum, with God's help I'll get over it. :angel

Gay cakes:

Angel cake

Fairy cake

Fondant Fancy

Lemon cake

Fruitcake

Carrot cake

Battenburg cake

Straight Cakes:

Dundee cake

Jaffa cake

Tunnocks teacake

Gingerbread cake

Madeira cake

Is a space cake gay or straight?

You can't possibly have a space cake and be straight (after 1/2 an hour to an hour).

Just not in that way.

Very confusing.

I sorta understand rico's point that they are being refused because the shop disagreed with their opinion rather than their sexuality and I expect that's what a judge will decide.

However they are clearly narrow minded bigots and their decision to refuse service was based on that bigotry. Therefore they deserve everything they get.

Gay cakes:

Angel cake

Fairy cake

Fondant Fancy

Lemon cake

Fruitcake

Carrot cake

Battenburg cake

Straight Cakes:

Dundee cake

Jaffa cake

Tunnocks teacake

Gingerbread cake

Madeira cake

Hmmm..........Caramel cake? Can't believe you missed out caramel cake.

I'll say straight but with chocolate topping, maybe bi.

Archived