Gay Cakes - Should They Be Allowed?

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

What is this wishy washy "respecting people's views" you keep going on about? If I get into a conversation with a flat earther or a Jehovah's Witness who rocks up at my door at 10am when I am on nightshift, they will be getting zero respect from me

That's up to you. We all make choices about how to live.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To those people saying " some of the nicest/kindest/warmest/peaceful people I've met are religious", is this a result of their religion or perhaps their in-built personality?

Some of the nicest/kindest/warmest/peaceful people I know are not religious in the slightest. Doesn't really prove anything. 

The scary thing for me is the recent devaluation of "truth", like everything is just a matter of opinion. Well the MSM, so called experts, parchments in the desert would say that, waken up fool. With zero argument on their side apart from a triggering meme.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

The scary thing for me is the recent devaluation of "truth", like everything is just a matter of opinion. Well the MSM, so called experts, parchments in the desert would say that, waken up fool. With zero argument on their side apart from a triggering meme.

Totally agree with the first sentence (can’t make sense of the second two).

Social media has played a part in exasperating this where folk can publish wholly baseless opinions and expect them to be treated with the same respect as fact based alternatives.

To those people saying " some of the nicest/kindest/warmest/peaceful people I've met are religious", is this a result of their religion or perhaps their in-built personality?
Some of the nicest/kindest/warmest/peaceful people I know are not religious in the slightest. Doesn't really prove anything. 

It wasn’t meant as an argument for religion. It was meant as an argument to listen to others views.

What is this wishy washy "respecting people's views" you keep going on about? If I get into a conversation with a flat earther or a Jehovah's Witness who rocks up at my door at 10am when I am on nightshift, they will be getting zero respect from me. 

Disgraceful no-platforming going on here.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

I do like cake.

But I have no religion.

Religious beliefs has cost many deaths through war. War is not cool.

I don't like religion.

I like cake

He may be an arse now but this is funny.

15 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

What's a gay cake?

ALL cakes are gay.  That’s something the homophobes have to live with.

10 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'll say Battenburg, what with the pink in it and that. 

Battenburg is just comfortable with its feminine side. It’s also my favourite cake  and I am not a homosexual. I do respect homosexuals’ rights to be homosexual and religious peoples’ rights to like Jesus. 

The gayest cake is a french fancy. It’s obvious.

All this 'lets Just Listen to these nasty bigots and come to some sort of agreement' isn't workable.

I can debate with someone over what we want to have for dinner or what the tax system should be. There's opinions, justifications potentially for some form of compromise/common ground that both parties can agree upon.

There is no compromise to be had with someone who hates others for things they can't change for completely made up reasons.

Oh and anyone that argued over it being the word marriage that's the problem and not legal rights is talking shite as well. The vast majority that don't want gay marriage argued against civil partnerships as well, with the exact same reasons.

Archived