Commonwealth Games sub-forum?

ForzaDundee

Question

Don't know if this has been discussed or is already planned but surely there's enough interest to warrant a temporary sub-forum for the XX Commonwealth Games which will be held in Glasgow, Scotland from 23 July to 3 August 2014.

Maybe after the World Cup ends?

16 answers to this question

Proud :1eye The whole thing is shaping up to be a shambles.

For weeks they have been telling everyone to get organised for the games and yet there is no information on transport other than that these are to be " the public transport games " and that there will be shuttle buses from Buchanan Street to the venues.

There MAY be extra train services although Scotrail say they don't have enough rolling stock for this.

There is absolutely no information as to whether there will be late busses, many stop at 9.30pm, events stop at 10.30pm. Not much use getting back into the city centre about 11.30 if you can't get home from there. There are also many overseas visitors who are staying in different parts of the country. There is no parking for cars or coaches anywhere near any of the venues.

It's no better for the volunteers. I know of two people who have resigned because the transport situation would have made it quite impossible to fulfil their duties.

Now, it may be that some organisational genius will step in at the last minute and make all clear?? But it's less than 2 weeks to go FFS!

First Bus have the added possibility of strike action on top of the inadequate service.

Not doing us proud, just the usual Glasgow almighty f*ck up!

was at the uefa cup final in 2007.only normal sevice buses passing near hampden after the game and anyone whos been there after a big match knows how pointless trying to get one of them is.walked all the way along aitkenhead road and towards the centre to find about ten sitting waiting for god knows what ,empty,just before where the govanhill flats were.by here,of course,youre almost at the centre,a few folks giving the drivers dogs abuse though im sure the shambles wasnt their fault.as for trains from the city centre,glasgow unfortunately has a proud tradition of utterly ignoring any events going on and the transport needs of those attending them

100% with you on this. Its a huge thing for Scotland biggest city. They will do Scotland proud.

Proud :1eye The whole thing is shaping up to be a shambles.

For weeks they have been telling everyone to get organised for the games and yet there is no information on transport other than that these are to be " the public transport games " and that there will be shuttle buses from Buchanan Street to the venues.

There MAY be extra train services although Scotrail say they don't have enough rolling stock for this.

There is absolutely no information as to whether there will be late busses, many stop at 9.30pm, events stop at 10.30pm. Not much use getting back into the city centre about 11.30 if you can't get home from there. There are also many overseas visitors who are staying in different parts of the country. There is no parking for cars or coaches anywhere near any of the venues.

It's no better for the volunteers. I know of two people who have resigned because the transport situation would have made it quite impossible to fulfil their duties.

Now, it may be that some organisational genius will step in at the last minute and make all clear?? But it's less than 2 weeks to go FFS!

First Bus have the added possibility of strike action on top of the inadequate service.

Not doing us proud, just the usual Glasgow almighty f*ck up!

Officials start to move into the village tomorrow and the athletes on Tuesday. Going to be chaos but I'll be meeting some amount of them so should be good fun, unless they are utter twats.

I couldn't care less about the Commonwealth Games.

Just thought I'd post that before someone else does.

In reply I say: I had chicken breast and Heinz beans for tea this evening.

Archived