Largs Thistle 14/15

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

God no posts on here in nearly 3 months, the silence speaks volumes I suppose.

Due to work commitments I've only seen us once under the new management team (a 5-0 defeat to Beith) so I'm not in any position to comment on the performances, but it's still mathematically possible to survive. A huge week coming up though, hopefully we can kick on from Saturday and get two or three wins out the next 4 league games.

I suppose mathematically it is still possible.

I suppose mathematically it is still possible.

More than just possible now. It's in our hands. A win on Saturday coupled with anything less than a win for Irvine against Pollok will see us safe. Failing that, a win and a draw will be enough

More than just possible now. It's in our hands. A win on Saturday coupled with anything less than a win for Irvine against Pollok will see us safe. Failing that, a win and a draw will be enough

How funny would it be if Largs did survive and we ended up meeting "Fud of the Juniors" next season.

Lol

Tell that to your name calling buddy

Ps good result last night . Was Slavin playing ?

LADESIDE

Slavin wasn't even there, from what I can see from Twitter. He was ill apparently.

Slavin wasn't even there, from what I can see from Twitter. He was ill apparently.

Apparently lol grow up ya nugget he ain't been well for a few weeks . Our team were superb last night hopefully another few points will keep us up as no one expects us to stay up

Apparently lol grow up ya nugget he ain't been well for a few weeks .

I don't think I actually cast any doubt on that. The word "apparently" doesn't mean that somebody is not telling the truth. The dictionary definition is "as far as one knows or can see". So, as far as I know or can see, Slavin was ill last night.

Happy now ? If not, go and find somebody else to fight with, I was only helping out with information I had. And you're telling me to grow up, lol.

What a turn-around it would be if Largs do manage to retain their status in the super 1st. I would almost have put my mortgage on them being relegated just after x-mas. Fair play to B.Slaven and his background team for turning things around (although they are still not entirely out of the woods yet.) Feel Pollok have to beat the Vics on Saturday now after the result last night which will certainly suit Largs.

I don't think I actually cast any doubt on that. The word "apparently" doesn't mean that somebody is not telling the truth. The dictionary definition is "as far as one knows or can see". So, as far as I know or can see, Slavin was ill last night.

Happy now ? If not, go and find somebody else to fight with, I was only helping out with information I had. And you're telling me to grow up, lol.

Grow Up!

What a turn of events, Greenock who has never been in trouble all season are now watching their backs with one game to go. Lose that, Largs win 1 game, Irvine get 4 points out of their remaining games and Yoker get 5 points out of 4 games (2 against the bottom 2) and Greenock finish 4th bottom. I guess that's why they say this league is cut throat!

And fans who regularly attended tell me if slavers brought in some new players or has he done something that has triggered the change? It's been absolutely miraculous.

Ross Lundy (GK) was signed early doors, and Bryan and Willie Kinniburgh both had about 5 starts each. Oh, and young Supersonic played as a trialist when Ross was suspended

And fans who regularly attended tell me if slavers brought in some new players or has he done something that has triggered the change? It's been absolutely miraculous.

Imo saying absolutely miraculous is over the top . I watched them twice at the start of the season and you could see that they had something to work with ,they lost a good few games by a single goal so there was never really much in many of the games.

Add to that with some good experienced players like marks , mcclure they were always in with a fighting chance of staying up if they brought in a good motivator and football man which they did.

Archived