Nando's...why the hate?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get the insult 'mouth breather(s)'. Surely everyone breathes out their mouth quite often?! Also why are so many on here repeating it? Can you not think of something else to say?

Never been to Nandos so have no idea how good/bad it is.

I like Pizza Hut. Haven't been in a few years mind although had a take out last year that I enjoyed.

Oh and I had an XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger on Friday and it was immense.

Nandos is good for what it is, a quick meal before the cinema or the likes and its braw, I wouldn't just ever head to nandos for the sake of going to nandos though.

Double chicken burger, peri peri chips, corn on the cob and garlic bread and make it into two burgers with the garlic bread, all with hot sauce btw.

I was introduced to Nando's recently and have now visited their restaurant at Springfield Quay by the Clyde a few times with my partner. We've been disgracefully conservative about what we've eaten on each occasion; the 'Full Platter' which is made up of a whole cooked chicken and a choice of two large or four regular sides. Every side I've tried has been delicious and generously portioned. Especially their mash. The same goes for their cooked chicken. Plenty of meat and nicely seasoned. Altogether very filling and for £19.95 I wasn't complaining. You would pay slightly less for a large meal in McDonald or Burger King though, wouldn't you?

I suppose I rationalise the extra cost by telling myself that it's something different. I'm sure you could get a cooked chicken from ASDA and make your own mash for a fraction of the price.

I'd love to know if they source their cakes from a supplier or have them made on-site. A massive wedge of Carrot Cake and a small jug of double cream is £4.15. I don't think that's a stretch. Bloody good cake it is too.

I think part of Nandos image problem is that they have got too big too quickly.

When I was down in West London 10 years ago there were loads of Nandos around there, but north of Watford they were few and far between, and none in Scotland at all, which always annoyed me when I came up here as if I mentioned Nandos no-one would have a clue what I was talking about.

As with anything that expands, it's difficult to keep up the same standards when you have 200 locations as when you have 20 locations.

I still enjoy going to Nandos, and am glad they have expanded into Scotland, but overall it's probably not quite as good as it was 10 years ago.

It is. Just...

One is a place you go for overpriced, average, fast food.

The other is a place you go for overpriced, average, fast food.

Erm.....?

Well subways is specifically sandwiches and nandos is a chicken place so i don't see why anyone would compare the 2. This thread has gone mad!

I prefer to buy the sauces and the peri peri salt and make my own. The black label hot sauce isn't as hot in the restaurant as it is in the bottle.

its not bad for a cheapish cheerful dinner.

I'm a fucking massive snob and I like nandos. The rest of you must be even bigger snobs.

Calling someone a mouth breather because their taste in restaurants is different to yours is utterly unbelievable.

How do you know its over rated if you've never stepped foot inside one?

Because it's over rated by stupid people who rave on about it. People that I know who are stupid and love nandos, they aren't to be trusted.

Because it's over rated by stupid people who rave on about it. People that I know who are stupid and love nandos, they aren't to be trusted.

I'm sorry but you have literally no credibility in an argument if you've never tried the thing you're slating.

Nandos is decent and is 100% better than the likes of McDonalds and KFC. I wouldn't go there specifically but if I was going to the cinema or bowling it would be my choice of 'fast food'.

Suppose that makes me sub human scum to some.

Butterfly chicken, peri peri chips and garlic bread btw. Hot sauce. Lovely.

I don't know anyone who loves it or raves about it - for me it is what it is - a relatively priced simple enough meal that would suffice any day of the week. i have probably had about 4 of them in the past year and found it to be adequate every time, i don't see anything threatening about it at all and can't believe people out there actually hate it

I have no problem with Nando's per say but their prices do add up once you start buying the extras.

In High Wycombe we've a local place that will do a Nando's-style chicken platter, with salad, 8 wings, fries and corn on the cob for £20. Their soft drinks are £1 each. I have 3 hungry teenagers and that would do them for a Saturday lunch.

The equivalent in Nando's would be closer to £40.

Archived