Nando's...why the hate?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not even the pinnacle of cheap shite chicken smothered in sauce to disguise the fact that the chicken is so full of water that its got no taste dining

I bet you don't eat in McD's, BK or KFC either.

Yip, Mouth breathers to a man. I take it you tie up your Doberman outside when you go in.

Nope - I just like Nando's and go once or twice a year. At no point did I go there expecting culture or a sophisticated clientele. My wife and I are mature enough to be able to go, enjoy the food for what it is, and just have a conversation ignoring everything else around us.

Tuesday night is usually a Checkov play and Michelin star dining night for us, however.

Nope - I just like Nando's and go once or twice a year. At no point did I go there expecting culture or a sophisticated clientele. My wife and I are mature enough to be able to go, enjoy the food for what it is, and just have a conversation ignoring everything else around us.

Tuesday night is usually a Checkov play.

I like a bit of Star Trek myself!

I bet you don't eat in McD's, BK or KFC either.

Christ no - horrible places selling horrible food. If you've never read Fast Food Nation then I can understand why you eat in these sort of places but if you know anything about the practices of these groups you'll know why the intelligentsia like myself wouldnt be seen dead anywhere near them.

I like Nando's and I don't own a dog and can breathe through my nostrils just fine.

Well done, have a biscuit.

Christ no - horrible places selling horrible food. If you've never read Fast Food Nation then I can understand why you eat in these sort of places but if you know anything about the practices of these groups you'll know why the intelligentsia like myself wouldnt be seen dead anywhere near them.

Case closed.

Nope, still open but not full of the processed crap that those places serve.

...by the way his name is spelt Chekhov

I don't see why people dislike it - its a pretty harmless chain and not particularly expensive. Frank and Benny's or the filling station are over priced and pretty pish IMO

It's people desperate to look superior. Every post here has made some kind of snooty reference to the clientele or quality of food or whatever, like the majority of people who go there actually think it's fine dining or something.

The internet is funny.

Nope, still open but not full of the processed crap that those places serve.

...by the way his name is spelt Chekhov

Sergeant Wilson got there before you, and with quite a bit more class.

I've just had my lunch in Sainsbury's cafe - that should see you safely over the edge.

Never been, never had any intention of going because I'd have to go well out of my way to get to it. If there was a local one, I might try it but it doesn't really sound like my kind of thing.

What I don't understand is people who have never been judging the quality/taste/service. How do they know? Isn't taste personal?

Why would I. Food chains are shite, irrespective of the company. Can't remember any receiving a Michelin star can you?

its not true with all food chains - a lot of them are shit but there are good ones as well. Not everyone cares about Michellin stars and a lot of the time we all want relatively cheap good food with as little hassle as possible and food chains are always a good option for this! You should try cosmo and i will be you won't find it shit!

Archived