Nando's...why the hate?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been to Nando's a couple of times.......just think it's overprice and fairly bland food that I can make far better at home for far less money.

I'd say Wagamama's is similarly overpriced but at least you have more variety there.

This is a common theme running through this thread, I'm a reasonable scran manufacturer but if I'm eating out (or take away for that matter) it's either because I'm feeling lazy/looking for a bad food fix OR its a treat if I'm spending a fair bit of cash on a restaurant. Its the same with wine, if its out then I end up paying 15 to 20 quid plus for a bottle of something I could get for £5 -8 quid from tesco. People would never eat out if it was just about saving money or eating something you couldn't make yourself.

I put Nando's at the lower end of eating out and if I'm getting dragged round the shops by Mrs Root then its a viable alternative to Macky D's etc but I wouldn't go there to celebrate a wedding anniversary.

This is a common theme running through this thread, I'm a reasonable scran manufacturer but if I'm eating out (or take away for that matter) it's either because I'm feeling lazy/looking for a bad food fix OR its a treat if I'm spending a fair bit of cash on a restaurant. Its the same with wine, if its out then I end up paying 15 to 20 quid plus for a bottle of something I could get for £5 -8 quid from tesco. People would never eat out if it was just about saving money or eating something you couldn't make yourself.

I put Nando's at the lower end of eating out and if I'm getting dragged round the shops by Mrs Root then its a viable alternative to Macky D's etc but I wouldn't go there to celebrate a wedding anniversary.

Point taken and I agree it's towards the lower end of eating out......I just feel there's better alternatives to be had both in terms of taste & price.

Point taken and I agree it's towards the lower end of eating out......I just feel there's better alternatives to be had both in terms of taste & price.

I agree with you about better options, I'm not a massive fan but Mrs Root quite likes the halloumi burgers there. I love spicy stuff but I'm not arsed about their sauces, there's something 'wrong' in them for me but being the perfect husband that I am, I endure them from time to time. I just don't get the hate for what's basically fast food, if you don't like it, don't go (or leave it to the mouth breathers whatever they are :lol: ).

I agree with you about better options, I'm not a massive fan but Mrs Root quite likes the halloumi burgers there. I love spicy stuff but I'm not arsed about their sauces, there's something 'wrong' in them for me but being the perfect husband that I am, I endure them from time to time. I just don't get the hate for what's basically fast food, if you don't like it, don't go (or leave it to the mouth breathers whatever they are :lol: ).

You're right......when it comes to fast food it tends to be exactly what it says on the tin.

Don't really get this either. Literally never seen bams in Nandos in my puff and been there over a dozen times. Granted it's not full of morning suit wearing gentry either but just normal punters.

Butterfly chicken (has to be butterfly), extra hot, spicy rice and mach peas. Love it.

...now footballers tweeting about Nandos is another story....

• 1 year later...

Archived