Fauldhouse United - Premier Passion

Kinky Afro

South league champions

Premier league runners up

Super league survivors

All in the space of 3 seasons - take a bow the hoose

Cheers Scorpion....it's been a roller coaster at times and a huge learning experience for us all but we have both survived and enjoyed it all.

See you next season in the Superleague.

Go the Hoose!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is so much that can affect you when you play football. There is so much that can affect you when you watch football. It may be the lure of the sun kissed and chilled out summer sounds of the White Isle, or a few days away somewhere on holiday. It might be the relaxation from the knowledge that you are not going down, it might be the encouraging and humorous shouts from your fans, it might be the responsibility on your shoulders and the desire to step up and show what you can do... For some, this is too much and they just don't perform. There was some of that I am sure yesterday from both sides. Carnoustie Pan-breed looked exactly that and whilst all team at this level CAN play, they didn't look interested to me or that bothered. They scored against the run of play and again with only one guy in the box, took advantage of a stand on the ball and 2 missed headers to go 2 up after an hour. Then the Hoose banished the holiday spirit and knuckled down to seal an unlikely victory with a show of drive and determination which was laying on a beach somewhere for the first hour.

What makes a man's attitude? Only they know and they have the control over their own behaviour. I hope that our Hoose players feel that we as supporters give them full backing and allow them to play bad when they do, demanding only 100% effort. I don't ever criticise a lack of skill as we are all only as good as we are. At 2-0 down Pan-breed didn't look convincing and we ran them ragged and when we scored the 3rd in 89th min they kind of knew it was coming. Passionless, except for the lad who got a harsh red for chasing a lost cause and sliding in for a challenge with Murph. We just had too much for them, even by only playing at tempo for the last 25 mins.

We have done great this year and we are ready for the Rose on Monday night. Come along. If your mind is thinking of far flung places and sunny faces with sandy shores and so much more then Fauldhouse For Fun in the Sun could be a destination of choice on Monday. Our last home game and I for one am not looking forward to the holiday. What a year it has been and it has given me so much. What a run lately (10 from 12) and I am hoping to get get to the lucky for us 13 on Monday.

As Albert Mancini said, "We welcome Carnoustie today, the home of the world famous golf course. But we have our own golf club here too in Fauldhouse at Greenburn" Aye, like most junior teams, if you've got it, then we will match you and in a lot of cases, we will have more. That just seems to be the Hoose way. Our fans are great and loyal, our players show some passion and fight and try to play and rarely give up. But I will ... Let's give it up for the lads. Great effort yesterday. The fans loved the come back and I hope it is pride in the Hoose that is affecting you. It does us.

Mon the Hoose!

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Buckie Boy Wull has done wonders today at the park but it is still touch and go. Usual Fauldhouse skies as I look out, some blue, some grey, a threat of rain and a threat of sun. I bet you are all glad for this update ! Hopefully see you all there....

Good shift far the hoose:took lead twice two great goals lucky deflection for lithgy first tired legs for second overall h.a.p.p.y Mon the hoose

A plucky display for Fauldhouse to grab a draw. Twice ahead from quick breaks when the Rose were camped in your half.

Disappointed not to have won - but enjoyed the game

A plucky display for Fauldhouse to grab a draw. Twice ahead from quick breaks when the Rose were camped in your half.

Disappointed not to have won - but enjoyed the game

Big Chap, Linlithgow hardly created anything, had possession but no ideas, your keeper won you a point near the end.

Big Chap, Linlithgow hardly created anything, had possession but no ideas, your keeper won you a point near the end.

Agree we were over elaborate and found it difficult to get in behind 8-9 Fauldhouse players camped in your box. A great save and a lack of composure cost us dearly.

But I'm pleased as we are playing better than we have for most of the season. We have however been fragile all season at the back and lose to many goals from our possession

A well earned point by a well disciplined and hard working Hoose. We did have chances but were behind in the possession stakes. I appreciated and understood the good defensive set up by the Hoose (we haven't taken a point from you all the games I have seen before tonight) so hats off to Davey and the lads. The Rose number 10 impressed me and although ahead twice, I was happy to make it the last 5 games unbeaten at home. 11 points from 15 has kept us up. We have come a long way.

A good crowd tonight and I hope all the Rose fans enjoyed their trip to the Coo Shed. Overall a good game but more thoughts (there's a shock!) tomorrow.

Mon the Hoose!

A well earned point by a well disciplined and hard working Hoose. We did have chances but were behind in the possession stakes. I appreciated and understood the good defensive set up by the Hoose (we haven't taken a point from you all the games I have seen before tonight) so hats off to Davey and the lads. The Rose number 10 impressed me and although ahead twice, I was happy to make it the last 5 games unbeaten at home. 11 points from 15 has kept us up. We have come a long way.

A good crowd tonight and I hope all the Rose fans enjoyed their trip to the Coo Shed. Overall a good game but more thoughts (there's a shock!) tomorrow.

Mon the Hoose!

No10 is Kevin Kelbie - he has not had the greatest starts in a Rose jersey but over the last month given a run of games has been getting better by the game. Just needs a couple of goals to boost his confidence and reward his hard work of recent weeks.

I just wish the weather had been better - that apart enjoyed my visit to Fauldhouse

No10 is Kevin Kelbie - he has not had the greatest starts in a Rose jersey but over the last month given a run of games has been getting better by the game. Just needs a couple of goals to boost his confidence and reward his hard work of recent weeks.

I just wish the weather had been better - that apart enjoyed my visit to Fauldhouse

Was Coco injured? imo from what I have seen, Coco would be in my starting 11 before Kelbie, not a side in that league that Coco wouldn't be a starter for, that's why I was surprised that he was on the bench.

Was Coco injured? imo from what I have seen, Coco would be in my starting 11 before Kelbie, not a side in that league that Coco wouldn't be a starter for, that's why I was surprised that he was on the bench.

Picked up a knock on Saturday - when Smith went off he was asked but was still feeling the injury so they didn't use him.

Kelbie has been doing well alongside Coco in recent weeks. (TC injured also)

Picked up a knock on Saturday - when Smith went off he was asked but was still feeling the injury so they didn't use him.

Kelbie has been doing well alongside Coco in recent weeks. (TC injured also)

Just wondered as Coco would be one of the first names on my team sheet week in week out.

Guest brycey

crackin battlin pirformince fae the hoose last nicht against the lithgae n a draw wis probably a fare result in the end reely njoyed this game n luvin the hoose defensive set up the noo kevin n alan n garry n jason ootstaundin guys n whit aboot that strike fae fae andy aye richt oot the top drawer big man yet again magnifiscent bakin fae the buckie lads oan the nicht n ool b there again oan seturday ut camelon fir oor last game o the seeson mon the hoose

crackin battlin pirformince fae the hoose last nicht against the lithgae n a draw wis probably a fare result in the end reely njoyed this game n luvin the hoose defensive set up the noo kevin n alan n garry n jason ootstaundin guys n whit aboot that strike fae fae andy aye richt oot the top drawer big man yet again magnifiscent bakin fae the buckie lads oan the nicht n ool b there again oan seturday ut camelon fir oor last game o the seeson mon the hoose

You not going to player of the year on Saturday night mate?

As I took my place in a long line of headlit cars snaking their way along the Longridge road out of Fauldhouse after the game last night, the dusk starting to wrap around us and a smile on my face, I remembered a classic film quote. This was a good point against a top team. Not a great point. That shows how far we have come. Make no mistake, just because you get a point or 3 in this league, do not be fooled like some into believing we are more than we are. I know where we are and one clubs mid table mediocrity is a superbly solid season for the Hoose. We are Building.....

With an upcoming DJ gig on the cards for the Afro, the Rhythmical Raindrops on the Coo Shed Roof set the tempo for a decent game, where the Hoose had their fair share in the first half, got pinned back and played on the break in the second, and took a point when they could have got three. We could also have got nothing so credit to the hard working and disciplined lads and the agile MurphMan who made Some Stunningly Superb Stops. 2 great goals from the Hoose and 2 poor goals to lose... We have seen it all before. What I did see though was a team Built in a belief that we can play, we can score, we can defend and we deserve our place in this league and are here on merit. We are Building.....

"Tired legs" Buckie Duff called it and on reflection he could be right. When you chase like we did against a good team like Lithgow then it is inevitable. Some said Lithgae over-played but I was watching our back 4 shuffle along and our centre midfield 3 close down.. We defended well and made it hard for them to break us down. We only lost a deflected 20 yarder and gave them the ball for the 2nd.. But we got a point.. More than I have seen us get before.. And it is something to build on. Build it......

It was good to see a decent bunch of Swan Munchers make the trip and join us in a well populated Coo Shed. This is our first season in the big league and we are trying to Build the club up..... We are a Building up the facilities and we ain't no wee Southern Division team now. We have Built a solid wee team.. But we are wee and we are still Building.....

This is our Fauldhouse, a team of spirit Built on a Field of Dreams. Who would have dreamt we would be in the big league and staying up and have played the last 5 home games undefeated (whilst under threat of the drop) against Bo'ness Lithgow Mussey Cookie and Pan-breed.....Build on that performance and take pride in it. Walk through the corn....I do. We Built it and we have arrived....... And we ain't going anywhere. Whatever you do, don't sell this field....

Mon the Hoose!!

Archived