Fauldhouse United - Premier Passion

Kinky Afro

From a Nitten point of view I have to say we were happy with a point in the end from a match which the visitors had the better of for long spells.

Thanks for offering an honest opinion Whitegates. I personally would have grabbed a point before the game being honest but talking to the lads that made game ( I couldn't make it ) last night they felt with a wee bit luck we may have been able to take all 3 points.

But overall another point on the board and with Lochee getting beat we are a step nearer survival.

Looking forward to the Rose game next week and having watched them yesterday against Bo'ness I think we will give them a good game as they didn't play that well and lacked a sense of organisation on the park.

Go the Hoose....Rose (at the Loch!) here we come!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for offering an honest opinion Whitegates. I personally would have grabbed a point before the game being honest but talking to the lads that made game ( I couldn't make it ) last night they felt with a wee bit luck we may have been able to take all 3 points.

But overall another point on the board and with Lochee getting beat we are a step nearer survival.

Looking forward to the Rose game next week and having watched them yesterday against Bo'ness I think we will give them a good game as they didn't play that well and lacked a sense of organisation on the park.

Just don`t play an open game against them, they are notorious for blowing away sides that way.

You could end up on a wrong `un` at home if you do.

Just accept for the moment that they are better than you, then set your stall out accordingly.

Might get something from the game then.

Guest brycey

spot oan brither the luke oan the nitten players faces at the wind doon at the end said it awe oor lads wantit summit oot the game n got it n by jeez wee brian awmost nicked it fir us in awe mon the hoose

Guest brycey

Just don`t play an open game against them, they are notorious for blowing away sides that way.

You could end up on a wrong `un` at home if you do.

Just accept for the moment that they are better than you, then set your stall out accordingly.

Might get something from the game then.

tbh mac nxt weeks cup tie meens nowt tae me but the leegue game at oor place does bit mon the hoose onyway

From a Nitten point of view I have to say we were happy with a point in the end from a match which the visitors had the better of for long spells.

Have to agree and thanks for your honesty. Game started and before we knew it were 1=0 down and i thought , here we go . To my delight i felt then that the hoose started to play the better football and against the run of play in my mind Newtongrange scored again with a well worked goal .F/house again gave as good as they got and just before h/time Jamie scored with a small deflection but as they say your shot must be on target and his was. Into the second half and the Hoose were definately running the show and fully deserved the equaliser. The Newtongrange players seemed to me to be lethargic and did not play as if they were chasing the title but was that down to F/house i dont know. We could have snatched the win late on but for the last 5 minutes the tide turned and we were holding on but hold on we did for a very well earned point Well done to all who played as we definately put our last 3 halfs of poor football behind us. Agree the league is our priority but i would love to just once give a good team a doing starting with Linlithgow as we are well passed owing them one. Good luck to all this coming Saturday.

Guest brycey

Fauldhouse v Bo'ness Saturday 11th April ko 2.30pm

gotta b a foo coo shed fir this yin big man parkveews gonna b buzzin a kin feel the hype awreddy lol

Latest News

Ground Concern

1st April 2015

As you may be aware there has been an issue concerning surface water on the pitch at Parkview recently after some heavy rain fall, various tests carried out by environment Scotland and the Scottish wildlife trust have concluded that Breichy Burn runs directly beneath the pitch half a metre below the grass. When it rains it causes the burn to rise to the surface bringing with it the endangered lesser spotted house newt, by law we have been instructed not to play any football at Parkview and hand the ground over to the Forestry Commission... spokeswoman Su C. Kerr said she was sorry but there was newt she could do about it. Anyone coming across endangered newts at Parkview should contact the club secretary Gordon Watson or nature lover Royce Graham.

It won't be the first time the word "newts" has been mentioned whilst at a Hoose game. Also, someone told me we got a point last weekend..?. Away...? At Nitten? After being 2-0 Down? And could have won? Do you think I'm falling for that?

Mon the Newts!

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Guest brycey

It won't be the first time the word "newts" has been mentioned whilst at a Hoose game. Also, someone told me we got a point last weekend..?. Away...? At Nitten? After being 2-0 Down? And could have won? Do you think I'm falling for that?

Mon the Newts!

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

aye afro eed better beleeve it oo wer that close tae nikin it at nitten lookin forrit tae the visit o bowness in a faurtnicht tae the vue a belter o a game in prosspect is this yin mon the braveherts n mon the hoose

Guest brycey

awe the best 2 morro tae the hoose at lithgae in the cup will b back for the nxt 2 leegue games mon the hoose

You would think as a man in the dotage of my mid forties that life would rarely bring up a surprise. I have seen it all I think, the highs and the lows of life, the good and the bad and the ugly (Less said about last night the better!) and like an auld biddy who always sits in the same seat and drinks the same drink from the same old tankard, I went along to watch the Hoose.. again…. against Lithgae.. again.. with the same outcome and same questions in my mind… again. As a fine wine matures, it gathers the years and a delicate bouquet sails happily on a Zesty Zephyr of Pleasure… my shouts at the game are becoming less welcoming on the ears and my mind if not the nose. It’s not the same as it was. I am not the same, my wine is getting corked.

The days started well enough and with the flag pitched, a welcoming Lithgae fan came over for a chat with the lads, wished us well and commented on how he enjoys reading our thread. This one seems a bit more reserved and ponderous for me. We turned down his invitation to join him at the Assembly Point, cunningly disguised as a gents toilet and decided to stay where we were. It was where we always stand.... just the same as always.....

I missed the reNaissance at Nitten but heard the tale. I was 1000 miles away last week but today, after an evening of R&R, reflection and ribs (Is that what you call it nowadays big man?? Where’s the burger gone?) I am mentally not getting it. Where did it stop becoming serious? Make no mistake, a decent performance and honest toil are usually the backbones of my wishlist but why do we never win there? What makes them certain winners and us the valiantly defeated? I travelled the court road again but strangely had no real interest in this one. I shouldn’t feel like that but I suspect some of the Hoose team felt the same. Of course we can pass, we have some good players. They created a few chances and my eyes were deceived because I thought we did ok and was not too upset. AT LOSING? NOT UPSET?? What’s happening to you son? Where did it go? Why are we happy to accept a 4-1 defeat just cos it’s the Swan Munchers?? Someone told me last night that their physio never came on the pitch… Sharpey did… a few times. You get out of life what you put in and we have demonstrated that with great heart and belief at Lochee, Armadale, Kilwinning away and apparently away to Nitten. We were lethargic and toiled yesterday against a team who expected to win as opposed to us (me included) who I think expected to lose. You need heart and courage to overcome a struggle. “Embrace life’s challenges so that you WILL experience the exhilaration of success”….. not if we go at it like yesterday. The team need to display the indomitable and indefatigable drive and desire of the disillusioned and disgruntled. There are some questions being asked. I always season these thoughts with the salt of reality and remember where we have come from. However, doing nothing means going backwards…. we could all still be living in caves if we never took a chance. I understand the restraints and challenges that abound however, you set your standards and deserve questioning when you don’t live up to them.. or at least try. A tough one for the Hoose as we lack belief at times and as a fan and a watcher of the game, that pains me. Have some confidence in your ability and do it otherwise don’t play. Not everyone can. Someone somewhere will be asking something surely?

With a trip back 25 years to a dressing room in a far flung corner of Belgium fresh in my mind.. I know it isn’t the same. My enthusiasm for the game was effervescent and infectious. I loved a game, I loved training, I wanted to win every game and believed we could. I fought and tried my best and was as good as I was, no better. I get like that for some games now but yesterday I was going through the motions. I tried but it didn’t happen. I watched through the eyes but the soul was gone. I don’t like being like this when I watch football. I want passion and enthusiasm and belief and a will to win, from me.. and from the team. I hope it returns.

Talking of WILL, or more accurately Wull, the election is almost here. Buckie Wull for Prime Minister was the cry yesterday as the prodigal Hoose boy elucidated his fiscal policy and explained his tax raising plans. He also is going for the community vote as an ambassador for local businesses and has a desire to see all Hoosians Happy in the Hoose. He has my vote! It doesn’t matter what you say, anyone who is up for it and has an Iggy Pop Lust for Life deserves our support. Did the Hoose deserve it yesterday? I couldn’t have given it if I tried, which I didn’t. But for Buckie Wull…. He cheered us all up…. As Manny Low said…

You know we can't smile without you,

I will Wull vote for you too,

You can laugh, and you can sing,

But I was finding it hard, to do anything,

You see I feel sad when we play bad,

but I felt glad cos you’re mad,

If we only knew what you’re gonna do?

We are all gonna vote for you too..

PM Mullen….. and that ain’t no private message.

Big game next week against Bo’ness… I hope I’m up for it.

Mon the Hoose!!

Archived