Fauldhouse United - Premier Passion

Kinky Afro

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hammy, Rose tinted specs mate, Linlithgow deserved their win, but didn't create enough to think they deserved much more than a narrow win.

After seeing every team in the Suerleague now I still think the best I've seen are Nitten.

Possession was probably 80-20 but the Rose clearly ring rusty otherwise it could have been more. I think the score would have been more reflective then that apart.

Not played Nitten yet but history suggest they blow hot and cold. I think it will end up a 3 way fight with the Rose, Kelty and the Beggars

The 4 reports above this are not far away to be honest. This was a game of missed chances and when that happens, each team can claim they could have scored more. We could have scored 4, they could have scored 10. That is a fairer reflection than 2-1. We defended well and had a good shape but the truth is you can't go to a place like Lithgae with 5 first teamers missing and expect anything. A sloppy 20 mins after HT cost us too...Our own fault.

Good game though, some good performances (keep your heads up lads) and some good banter with Rose and some neutral fans. Took some good wishes and hand shakes back home with us. The wee Hoose are making their mark and I think genuine home team fans enjoy the Buckie Boys being there. Full report tomorrow including The Rose official TOM SELLECK telling the Buckie boys "oh you can't drink those in here" the reply to which was..."they are only there for aesthetic purposes to frame the flag"... That stumped him!

Heads up lads, well played Lithgae and as always, mon the Hoose!

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

You can have loads of chances like rose did other than goals i only remember fauldhouse keeper making one save. Rose trying to walk it in when they need to just have a go. How many times did coyne up the ball and go back the way. Thought fauldhouse could have made them work harder. 80-20 possession the rose.

The 4 reports above this are not far away to be honest. This was a game of missed chances and when that happens, each team can claim they could have scored more. We could have scored 4, they could have scored 10. That is a fairer reflection than 2-1. We defended well and had a good shape but the truth is you can't go to a place like Lithgae with 5 first teamers missing and expect anything. A sloppy 20 mins after HT cost us too...Our own fault.

Good game though, some good performances (keep your heads up lads) and some good banter with Rose and some neutral fans. Took some good wishes and hand shakes back home with us. The wee Hoose are making their mark and I think genuine home team fans enjoy the Buckie Boys being there. Full report tomorrow including The Rose official TOM SELLECK telling the Buckie boys "oh you can't drink those in here" the reply to which was..."they are only there for aesthetic purposes to frame the flag"... That stumped him!

Heads up lads, well played Lithgae and as always, mon the Hoose!

You definitely missed the lad Jordan up front. You looked pretty toothless without him although, this said, the goal you scored was well worked.

Your keeper had a wonderful save first half and did well 2nd half when they tried to walk it in.

A traverse of the Bathgate Hills, via a meandering well trodden by the lads "Auld court road", sharing age old stories and Buckie (The troops, not me) was a welcome distraction from the Hum Drum Mauribundness of a Footballing Famine in our Festive snow Filled lives. More in hope than expectation, we arrived early and set up camp and unfurled the Hoose flag and settled in as the crowd began to filter in, the flag and beverages attracting many an envious glance and some good natured comments. There was a healthy crowd where we were and they were all a friendly bunch, asking about our players and for a match report on our victory at Kilwinning. You know me.... and I was happy to elucidate! One young lad started talking to me "I know your keeper" he says, "Oh, that's nice" was my friendly reply to which he came back with "Aye, He's shite!".........Our scratch team came over the tannoy....."Number one, Andy Murphy" and the Buckie Boys chanted "your shit, and you know you are" a light hearted start to the game and thankfully big Murph proved his worth and ability with a breath stopping acrobatic full top corner diving save in the first and a great "Stay on your feet and make the forward beat you" save at the feet of a wee guy, one on one, early in the second... He was busy.....

The Hoose could and should have scored in the first few minutes when Jamie broke and crossed well only for the young, hardworking and skilful new signing (but playing out of position) kid Brian, who just couldn't keep it on target..... An encouraging start but after 10 minutes, to my eyes anyway, it was obvious any points from this game were going to be difficult to get. So it proved.... This was a game of missed chances with both teams having opportunities to score, lithgae more so, but we went in at half time nil nil after a battling, structured and disciplined performance, albeit with a pinch of luck. The second half started but we didn't... we did have one long range effort pulled by the post but we never really touched the ball for 15 mins as they took the game to us and found us wanting twice. We hung in and scored a great well worked goal late on, but larcenists we ain't, and we left with nothing but good wishes, handshakes and that feeling you get as an underdog when you didn't get humped when you could have and might have scored another, played not bad and perhaps could have nicked a raw. A bit like rangers today IF they could have and might have scored played not bad and perhaps could have nicked a draw.. but Rangers never!

Some good encouraging performances from a young and inexperienced looking Hoose side who to my eye looked naïve and bossed at times.. well what do you expect against a title challenging and seasoned Superleague team and Scottish Cup troubler..?

Disappoined that some players decided not to come and opted for other events.... pretty poor when you are trying to get a result and stay in the league... with our suspensions we were 5 normal starters short.... well maybe 3 or 4 as I think a spell on the bench is coming for one or two of them... and rightly so in my opinion. I never missed a game when I was playing for some of the reasons I heard yesterday..... Did playing mean more to me? Probably not and people make their own decisions ... I know where I would have been.. and I was.. supporting the Hoose and having a laugh, sharing some banter with the Buckie Boys and other Hoose and Rose fans and others who were there. It wasn't a bad game, we did well overall and can be proud of ourselves I think. It was a good day oot and on another day we could have sneaked a draw.. we could have also took a doing.. as it was, 2-1 flatters us slightly, but not much. For me Lithgae were disappointing... only the quick minded and footed number 8 shone and the only other heavyweights were secreted in the buttocks of the boy Coyne, who's obvious skills and ability would be aided, like I would, by the loss of a few stone... perhaps he is just big boned or his shorts and shirt shrunk in the wash...??

So defeated but uplifted, we left the birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots... History will tell of that day that we lost... they maybe took the three points but despite the best efforts of the JobsWorth Lithgae official with the novelty balancing slug below his nose, they will never take our Buckie!

From the independent state of Fauldhouse, my wee village and team of honest triers, making a positive impression in this league, I say... bring on Kelty next week. We go there expecting 100% effort and am sure we will give them a game. I shall join the numerous Rose fans who spoke to me yesterday and wished us well by saying "Good luck to the Hoose" on Tuesday when the Scottish cup draw is made.... Bring one of they big hitting Ayrshire lot up to Park View... get them packed in and get into them! Because as the Buckie Boys sing "When the Hoose, go up, to lift the Scottish Cup, we'll be... Pished!"

mon the Hoose!!! p.s. If anyone finds a Nike trainer.. (right foot) get in touch and I will return it to Buckie Boy Brian... don't ask....

post-45407-0-32803700-1422818303_thumb.j

I heard about young Craig telling you you're goalie was pish. That's one of his better shouts but as you probably realised he was on the wind up.We get it every week from him and he is a dedicated rose fan and a great lad.

After seeing you last season I thought you would do well in the super league and that seems to be the case and you will give a few teams a hard game. Looking forward to the return match

You will be most welcome at the Hoose. We go as fans to follow, encourage and support our team... We always talk to away fans at away grounds as I believe we are all just there for the same thing... To have a bit of enjoyment... Life is hard enough and when you go to the game, have a laugh and some banter.. We are a good wee club, the committee are trying their hardest to improve things, we are trying to get ourselves a reputation as a loud, passionate but ultimately fair set of fans who add something to the event. Hopefully (like we do) your fans took the banter and nonsense the way it is intended. They all seemed to anyway. Good day, bad result.... And all your swans remained in situ I believe? We didn't take any back with us... They were all in the middle of the loch....we couldn't reach them...

Mon the Hoose!

Brilliant ! Best away support at our s all season by the way except Raith Rovers I suppose.

Thanks for the kind words. Hope to see the Rose fans make the trip to Park View later in the season and create a great atmosphere.

Good luck at Culter next Sat.....then you are in the hat with the Hoose....and who knows!!

Go the Hoose.....

A traverse of the Bathgate Hills, via a meandering well trodden by the lads "Auld court road", sharing age old stories and Buckie (The troops, not me) was a welcome distraction from the Hum Drum Mauribundness of a Footballing Famine in our Festive snow Filled lives. More in hope than expectation, we arrived early and set up camp and unfurled the Hoose flag and settled in as the crowd began to filter in, the flag and beverages attracting many an envious glance and some good natured comments. There was a healthy crowd where we were and they were all a friendly bunch, asking about our players and for a match report on our victory at Kilwinning. You know me.... and I was happy to elucidate! One young lad started talking to me "I know your keeper" he says, "Oh, that's nice" was my friendly reply to which he came back with "Aye, He's shite!".........Our scratch team came over the tannoy....."Number one, Andy Murphy" and the Buckie Boys chanted "your shit, and you know you are" a light hearted start to the game and thankfully big Murph proved his worth and ability with a breath stopping acrobatic full top corner diving save in the first and a great "Stay on your feet and make the forward beat you" save at the feet of a wee guy, one on one, early in the second... He was busy.....

The Hoose could and should have scored in the first few minutes when Jamie broke and crossed well only for the young, hardworking and skilful new signing (but playing out of position) kid Brian, who just couldn't keep it on target..... An encouraging start but after 10 minutes, to my eyes anyway, it was obvious any points from this game were going to be difficult to get. So it proved.... This was a game of missed chances with both teams having opportunities to score, lithgae more so, but we went in at half time nil nil after a battling, structured and disciplined performance, albeit with a pinch of luck. The second half started but we didn't... we did have one long range effort pulled by the post but we never really touched the ball for 15 mins as they took the game to us and found us wanting twice. We hung in and scored a great well worked goal late on, but larcenists we ain't, and we left with nothing but good wishes, handshakes and that feeling you get as an underdog when you didn't get humped when you could have and might have scored another, played not bad and perhaps could have nicked a raw. A bit like rangers today IF they could have and might have scored played not bad and perhaps could have nicked a draw.. but Rangers never!

Some good encouraging performances from a young and inexperienced looking Hoose side who to my eye looked naïve and bossed at times.. well what do you expect against a title challenging and seasoned Superleague team and Scottish Cup troubler..?

Disappoined that some players decided not to come and opted for other events.... pretty poor when you are trying to get a result and stay in the league... with our suspensions we were 5 normal starters short.... well maybe 3 or 4 as I think a spell on the bench is coming for one or two of them... and rightly so in my opinion. I never missed a game when I was playing for some of the reasons I heard yesterday..... Did playing mean more to me? Probably not and people make their own decisions ... I know where I would have been.. and I was.. supporting the Hoose and having a laugh, sharing some banter with the Buckie Boys and other Hoose and Rose fans and others who were there. It wasn't a bad game, we did well overall and can be proud of ourselves I think. It was a good day oot and on another day we could have sneaked a draw.. we could have also took a doing.. as it was, 2-1 flatters us slightly, but not much. For me Lithgae were disappointing... only the quick minded and footed number 8 shone and the only other heavyweights were secreted in the buttocks of the boy Coyne, who's obvious skills and ability would be aided, like I would, by the loss of a few stone... perhaps he is just big boned or his shorts and shirt shrunk in the wash...??

So defeated but uplifted, we left the birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots... History will tell of that day that we lost... they maybe took the three points but despite the best efforts of the JobsWorth Lithgae official with the novelty balancing slug below his nose, they will never take our Buckie!

From the independent state of Fauldhouse, my wee village and team of honest triers, making a positive impression in this league, I say... bring on Kelty next week. We go there expecting 100% effort and am sure we will give them a game. I shall join the numerous Rose fans who spoke to me yesterday and wished us well by saying "Good luck to the Hoose" on Tuesday when the Scottish cup draw is made.... Bring one of they big hitting Ayrshire lot up to Park View... get them packed in and get into them! Because as the Buckie Boys sing "When the Hoose, go up, to lift the Scottish Cup, we'll be... Pished!"

mon the Hoose!!! p.s. If anyone finds a Nike trainer.. (right foot) get in touch and I will return it to Buckie Boy Brian... don't ask....

whit a j normiss post this is fae the big man top drawer afro or in translatchun mode what an enormous post from the big chap afro certainly out of the top drawer er this is not easy you know lol awe feck this whit aboot a hame draw in the scottish fir the hoose lads its aboot tyme onybuddy will dae lol

Well, Mussey in the Cup and we have a chance, more so as it is at home. They impressed me through there where it seemed to be me, Tracy and Brycey against all comers and the MUSSEY YT YA BASS drum corp. Their Big Bull Heeded tank of a forward was outstanding and if we can keep Billy Beef under wraps we can go close.

I hope we get a good crowd, all neutrals welcome but put yer Hoose glasses and throat on when you come. With a fair wind and good backing and 11 men on the park we can progress... How cool is this??

Mon the Hoose!

Archived