Fauldhouse United - Premier Passion

Kinky Afro

Thank you to every one at Kilwinning today for the great hospitality and the spirit the game was played. A great Scottish cup tie, some good tunes,although not all local (ha h a), and feisty support for the home team from the young mob, if I was younger I would have stood my ground, but with the Buckie Boys leaving the shed, I decided to sell my tote tickets in open ground. Good luck to the Buffs for the rest of the season, last 16 for the Hoose, The new young committee are working hard and good luck for the rest of the season. New guy Brian Ross was a standout when he came on, hopefully no truth in the rumours that Arsenal are watching him. Mon the Booze.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As my Fauldhouse Fairytale love affair with the Scottish Cup continues, I wonder sometimes what some people want from a team? Like the Old Glesga cheap shop and "Primark of their day", What Everyone Wants, I know what they should want, and thankfully the Hoose delivered. Cause as the Buckie Boys met for a quick sharpener before the bus arrived, hopes were high, New News of New heroes were proffered and hope sprang eternal, the hallowed land of the last 16 awaiting in the hallowed Land of out National Bard.

John Barleymow was replaced by Devon's Devil Juice, Discreetly Decanted and Disguised, as the word was out that the rozzer's were awaiting... Lord knows how they missed the Kilwinning Krazy Krew who had a bar in their Coo Shed behind the goal... they had made a dent in it as us 4 intrepid Away fans (The Afro under the influence of 3 quick pints in the Kilwinning Masonic club, "The wan behind the green door, nae left fitters") decided it would be a good idea to infiltrate their foul mouthed fans and spread some Hands across the Country Missionary work. We introduced ourselves and shook hands only to be subjected for the next 45 minutes to chants of "your shit and you know you are" and "We hate Fauldhouse and we hate Fauldhouse"... Their Mirth was soon replaced by an ever increasing rage and discord as the Hoose smashed in an equaliser 10 foot in front of them and the Afro and 3 buck fuelled buckaneers celebrated.. they were just about tolerating that when I started banging their shed in a "Dj Afro freestylee Coo Shed" way... to say they were no pleased was an understanement and they, like their team, went downhill from there on in.... My final parting shot in the 44th minute when I howled abuse at a flag waving linesman who gave the hard running Jordon offside again for the 4th time didn't go down well... indeed one little scrote, the most Viciously Vocal of the ensemble was happy to tell me that "That's yer second and last warning ya fanny" .... Now the Afro is a peaceful man, a healer of broken hearts and minds,a diplomat and an articulate pacifier.. however I thought, "now is the time for a sharp exit" and sharp being the appropriate word as, I am not saying they were ALL knife wielding thugs, however I counted over 50 facial scars and there were only about of a dozen of these guys.... you do the math.... I left at half time when I am sure I heard one of them shouting for his mate "Stanley"........ no staragers to cutlery....

We took up another vantage point for the second half and the highlight of the whole day took place as one of the lads went arse over tit right down the death trap sleepers behind the bottom goal.... classic fare. And so the game......

What Everyone Wants is 100% effort, commitment to the cause, let your skill come through, don't do anything stupid... and that is what we did for the 94 minutes... I was delighted with the performance, the result a worthy reward. To get out of Ayrshire with the wheels on your Bussey still going round and round is an achievement and having secured a place in the latter stages of the cup is a great feeling. Had a good after match in the hut before getting back on the Happy Hoose Bound Bus which dropped us off, via a stop off at Tesco Killie to "refuel", tired but joyous for a couple of debriefs at Lammies.

The players and management should be proud of what they did and there were some encouraging green shoots (Not a good colour down there!) of recovery from a lively looking Hoose attack with Jordan, Jamie (Great goal), young new boy Brian and Mark all looking dangerous. Attacking options and positive play were welcomed by my eyes. As was a great goalkeeping display and a 94th minute wonder save to keep us ahead, and great performances from Clark, Kev, Rees... everyone did well to ne honest, hats off to them all. In the 90th minute I turned to one of the lads and said "you know what, he hasn't done anything great but he has been great" and in a game of stand-out performances, my stand out man of the match was a guy who didn't even stand out, he was hard working and honest, full of running, combative and just everything that you would want someone in your team to be. I am a lover of hard work and can see through the smoke and mirror bollox of super skills and magic. Every team needs a Mikey Brown and I though he was outstanding.

I love painting a picture with words and I hope it gives a flavour of it. They were actually very friendly and I wish them well. Their vocal nutters were good fun for 40 minutes then, like their famous poet son, the drink played some evil...... We march on and the sweet taste of victory... to Kilwinning, it will be aye fond kiss.

Way came an saw an aw wis braw, whin Hoose came doon yay aw saw,

thit we kin play an although sum say, we urnae aw that great..

bit we aw try, so dinnae cry,

an drap yer mooth, cos yay git humped aff the Hoose.

mon the Burns!

Made 100+ mile round trip to watch the game as a neutral as Lanark game off and the 10p entry at Hamilton held no attraction.

My decision vindicated.

Enjoyed the game, despite just missing Buffs opener. Game hard fought but played in good spirit.

Tight first half but Fauldhouse gradually gained the upper hand throughout the 2nd half and then gave themselves a tesnse last 7 minutes by allowing Buffs back in it when 1-3 up and coasting.

Impressed by the Fauldhouse 14 and 11 and Jordan up front. Excellent corner kicks throughout which led to the three goals.

Good crowd. Pies ok but other fare looked very nice indeed. The railway sleepers were a death trap. Slippier than an ice rink. Saw one guy take a tumble, which I had nearly taken myself.

Pitch was in great nick and stayed that way throughout.

A good day out

Always good to hear views from a neutral point of view and I agree with your summary bc. Glad you enjoyed the game. I also thought that it was a really hard fought and exciting game with both teams contributing to that. I did feel that save the opening 15mins and last 10 minutes that we did play the better football and looked a bit more composed and dangerous going foward. That said when Kilwinning scored in last 10 mins they raised their game and gave us a few scares. Overall I felt that we did deserve the win over the 90mins. Wee word for the officials yesterday....I thought they were excellent.

Made very welcome by all at Kilwinning yesterday nice set up (save the sleepers) and I wish them all the best for their promotion bid this season.

If you are ever at a loose end again bc you will be made equally as welcome at Park View .....so maybe see you at the Hoose soon?

Go the Hoose.....last 16...here we come!

anither class post fae afro quality brither n whit a result fae the hoose lads a haud ma haunds up a rote the guys aff hoo gled n wrang wis a this teem jist will no lie doon n man fir man r the best battlers in the superleegue and beyond whit aboot a hame draw then n lets get parkview buzzin aye mon the hoose in the nxt roond

Always good to hear views from a neutral point of view and I agree with your summary bc. Glad you enjoyed the game. I also thought that it was a really hard fought and exciting game with both teams contributing to that. I did feel that save the opening 15mins and last 10 minutes that we did play the better football and looked a bit more composed and dangerous going foward. That said when Kilwinning scored in last 10 mins they raised their game and gave us a few scares. Overall I felt that we did deserve the win over the 90mins. Wee word for the officials yesterday....I thought they were excellent.

Made very welcome by all at Kilwinning yesterday nice set up (save the sleepers) and I wish them all the best for their promotion bid this season.

If you are ever at a loose end again bc you will be made equally as welcome at Park View .....so maybe see you at the Hoose soon?

Go the Hoose.....last 16...here we come!

Many thanks.

I enjoyed visiting your very nice set up last season for a friendly plus it is a lot closer than Kilwinning!

I always have a Plan B and C when our game is off.

Good luck and I hope the draw is favourable to you.

Hope you boys can go further in the competition, spoke with KA in the shed before our 0-0 draw earlier on in the season, great boy & like the rest of you all heart for his team.

Honest man and tells it as it is............... the junior game can do with a lot more KA's.

grate tae c awe the favorable comments aboot the hoose aye the big man afro is diffrent class may b its shood b king afro insteed o the kinki joab lol

Junior Cup Dates

Provisional dates for this season's Scottish Junior Cup are :

ROUND 1 Saturday 27 September 2014

ROUND 2 Saturday 25 October 2014

ROUND 3 Saturday 22 November 2014

ROUND 4 Saturday 17 January 2015

ROUND 5 Saturday 14 February 2015

ROUND 6 Saturday 14 March 2015

SEMI FINALS Saturday / Sunday 11 / 12 April

& Saturday / Sunday 18 / 19 April 2015

FINAL Sunday 7 June 2015

I was quite impressed with your midfield. I thought they didn't allow Kilwinning any time on the ball and won most of the 50-50s in the middle. It's hard to judge your attack as I thought KR were a bit of a shambles every time a cross came in.

I was quite impressed with your midfield. I thought they didn't allow Kilwinning any time on the ball and won most of the 50-50s in the middle. It's hard to judge your attack as I thought KR were a bit of a shambles every time a cross came in.

Unfortunately was one of the worst performances of the season from the Buffs midfield, however when they eventually began to compete in the middle of the park, for the last 10 mins, they almost managed to get a draw. To lose 3 goals from set pieces was poor, however despite dominating the midfield, only seemed like scoring from set pieces.

Unfortunately was one of the worst performances of the season from the Buffs midfield, however when they eventually began to compete in the middle of the park, for the last 10 mins, they almost managed to get a draw. To lose 3 goals from set pieces was poor, however despite dominating the midfield, only seemed like scoring from set pieces.

I think you are being slightly harsh (although I agree it happened) as most teams in that situation tend to sit back and let the team chasing the game come into them and I think that was inevitable... Despite me screaming for them to get the hell up the park....keep thinking of one word for your midfield ...... Diminutive. They looked small, lacking ideas and were outfought and I thought Mikey Brown did a Guv'nor job on you whilst Clark ran it. Your team and fortunes turned on its head when that baldy kid came on late on though... He was baldy head and shoulders above anyone else you had. He controlled the play, passed and crossed well and nearly nicked an equaliser with a classy dribble and shot that whizzed past the post late on.

I think it was a good cup tie all round and you could have got a draw or even a win which I think would have been harsh on us. Big Andy in goal saved us early on though as you could have been 2 up before we got off the bus.... Until we meet again.... Keep they nutters behind the goals fuelled up!!

From the Buckie Boys to the Crazy Casuals....

All the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Archived