Fauldhouse United - Premier Passion

Kinky Afro

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday's game was a great advert for Junior football with two good sides giving their all. The football was top class, the pitch stood up very well, the hospitality was excellent with some fantastic banter between the Buckie boys and our old casuals.

Well said locheeboy...there were a few neutrals in the crowd that all went away saying they thought it was an excellent game even in the wind and rain and wished more of the games they watched were like it.

Fully agree that the pitch held up superbly considering the rain that fell...(hope the Linlithgow conspiracy theorists took note!)....banter as ever was top class, young and old alike....thats what makes junior football and its great to see and hear that.

Thanks for comments from you and other about our hospitality....appreciated. Look forward to the return match at Lochee next year....all the best.

Newtongrange next week then a BIG local Derby and another 6 pointer v Broxburn on 20th....Go The (wet and windy!) Hoose....

Having missed a 3 goal first half I made it to a frozen cold and rainy Park View to the sight of a Half time Hit squad on the Pitch with forks and the Pitchfork machine trying to keep the Pitch Playable. A healthy Coo Shed populated by some infrequent fans (the weather brings them out!) met me with tales of "Ah No Bad Gemm" and a classic Hoose second goal.

The second half started and the conditions were making any sort of flow difficult. "The Chee" as they were frequently called by the Yule Brinner Lochee Lookee Likee actually did well and scored a cracking goal when a whippet took off on the far end, left Shaun Ryder floundering on his arse and whipped in a good gross which was half headed by Gary Fallon and a wee fattish chap volleyed it on the full into the back of the net.... Cue A Brinner Dance of Delirious Delight and a cry of "thirs ony wan teem gonna win this Chee! Git intae this gang". A Buckie Backanswer response of "Chee?? Ah think yuv been oan the Chee Co Ya Fife Hoer" .... Things were thankfully heating up in the Coo Shed and it was good to hear an away support give it some.

Despite a report earlier in this thread there wasn't a lot of good football. The good stuff broke out in patches but in the main it was a litany of bad passing, wrong choices (a long ball over the top is ALWAYS going to run away on that surface) and what looked like an acceptance of the Futility of Football in those conditions. The Chee never fooled me.... Not a great team, not the best technique wise but they should have gone 3-2 up in the 90th minute when a scramble on the goal line ended up with the ball in big Murph's hands.

The HOOSE did miss a hat full in the second half but it had a feel of 2 weather-beaten, poor teams playing in poor conditions and a point each being the right result. How the winner went in I don't know as it looked a weak shot but... It was on target... Unlike the previous 10 second half Hoose chances... And it found it's way apologetically into the net Past some Poor Prone Lochee Players. The game is never over till the fat lady sings.... Shanksy appeared again and got a yellow for singing/mouthing. Obviously reports of his demise are greatly exaggerated? We could do with him behaving and being in the team, hopefully he stays. Also good to see our new Centre Half signing, Renton from Trainspotting, making an appearance. We need a centre half who plays centre half. Not someone filling in despite their 100%.

We got 3 points and I got one halves worth of banter which was better than a whole game of any other team who have come to oor Hoose. You need it to keep your ears warm on a day like that. The 3 points were welcome if not a little fortunate. But..... if you keep trying and keep playing and put in the effort you sometimes get what you deserve. Well done lads... Never chuck it, no matter who you are playing or how you are playing. More of the same and we are sure to stay up. Good luck to the Chee Chee, I shook a few of their hands at the end, keep the faith and yer hair on... Too late for Brinner though.

Mon the Hoose!

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Having missed a 3 goal first half I made it to a frozen cold and rainy Park View to the sight of a Half time Hit squad on the Pitch with forks and the Pitchfork machine trying to keep the Pitch Playable. A healthy Coo Shed populated by some infrequent fans (the weather brings them out!) met me with tales of "Ah No Bad Gemm" and a classic Hoose second goal.

The second half started and the conditions were making any sort of flow difficult. "The Chee" as they were frequently called by the Yule Brinner Lochee Lookee Likee actually did well and scored a cracking goal when a whippet took off on the far end, left Shaun Ryder floundering on his arse and whipped in a good gross which was half headed by Gary Fallon and a wee fattish chap volleyed it on the full into the back of the net.... Cue A Brinner Dance of Delirious Delight and a cry of "thirs ony wan teem gonna win this Chee! Git intae this gang". A Buckie Backanswer response of "Chee?? Ah think yuv been oan the Chee Co Ya Fife Hoer" .... Things were thankfully heating up in the Coo Shed and it was good to hear an away support give it some.

Despite a report earlier in this thread there wasn't a lot of good football. The good stuff broke out in patches but in the main it was a litany of bad passing, wrong choices (a long ball over the top is ALWAYS going to run away on that surface) and what looked like an acceptance of the Futility of Football in those conditions. The Chee never fooled me.... Not a great team, not the best technique wise but they should have gone 3-2 up in the 90th minute when a scramble on the goal line ended up with the ball in big Murph's hands.

The HOOSE did miss a hat full in the second half but it had a feel of 2 weather-beaten, poor teams playing in poor conditions and a point each being the right result. How the winner went in I don't know as it looked a weak shot but... It was on target... Unlike the previous 10 second half Hoose chances... And it found it's way apologetically into the net Past some Poor Prone Lochee Players. The game is never over till the fat lady sings.... Shanksy appeared again and got a yellow for singing/mouthing. Obviously reports of his demise are greatly exaggerated? We could do with him behaving and being in the team, hopefully he stays. Also good to see our new Centre Half signing, Renton from Trainspotting, making an appearance. We need a centre half who plays centre half. Not someone filling in despite their 100%.

We got 3 points and I got one halves worth of banter which was better than a whole game of any other team who have come to oor Hoose. You need it to keep your ears warm on a day like that. The 3 points were welcome if not a little fortunate. But..... if you keep trying and keep playing and put in the effort you sometimes get what you deserve. Well done lads... Never chuck it, no matter who you are playing or how you are playing. More of the same and we are sure to stay up. Good luck to the Chee Chee, I shook a few of their hands at the end, keep the faith and yer hair on... Too late for Brinner though.

Mon the Hoose!

Will give you the benefit of the doubt and say due to the wind and rain freezing your brain you started seeing things.... But I did NOT get booked. Earful from the ref yea, cautioned NO!

Will give you the benefit of the doubt and say due to the wind and rain freezing your brain you started seeing things.... But I did NOT get booked. Earful from the ref yea, cautioned NO!

I thought you were going to have a go for mentioning you in the same sentence as the fat lady! Sometimes you see what you expect to see and you getting an earful from the ref wasn't a surprise......What is a surprise is a guy with your talent still not playing from the start for us..... That is something you will need to sort out. I am your biggest fan in the coo shed and it was good to see you back on the pitch. One of the few guys who I think can make something happen. What you need to make happen though is you.

Happy to be corrected and hope to see you in a starting shirt soon.

Mon the fat lady... Sing ya hoer!

Well enjoyed sat game went up at 1-40 to find only 1 old locee fan thought just me and buckie boys and usual fauldhouse faithful! Within 5 min joined in coo shed with a couple of granny's standing in the mix of us all (must like smell of herbal mist) and to the right was a couple of vocal locee faithful thought gona b a gid day had that feeling; we started well better team and scored deserved goal! For them to score a goal out of nothing was disappointing; then tommy brannons granddaughter came up to the coo shed wae a tray of pies for the boys (new I had a good feeling) as you do fead the boys and two mature lady's that had joined us had to persuade them to have one Ias I said it was laced way cannabis job done to two, then fead locee faithful with some all good thanks to garry greenhorne well appreciated mate by all; just in time to c ross score a screamer quality m8; second half a bott scrappy then they scored locee old school enjoyed big time running up to the boys and banging on dugout rite oot the blue but hey ho thats what Its all about ; we always say try no celebrate to early but he just made that mistake; coz when we scored well it was my duty to return the celebrations rite back at him ; all part of the enjoyment and relief 3-2 to the hoose new ot was gona b a good day! ! shaking hands with all at end wishing them all the best got to the man who done celebration earlier on waa well let me put this way to me to f##k off very nice him eh! Eventually we met up down in corner and he done the rite thing and shook my hand ! ! After all followed the hoose for years always take the good way the bad and that means banter too no matter what :mon the hoose

At Musselburgh away 2 weeks ago Jason Deans hoofed a guy in the ribs as he lay on the ground after he fouled him. He then argued with the red when sent off then booted the dressing room door in as he walked off. Not his finest hour and he could have been given as many games as you want.

Ross Donnelly got a red in that game too although I thought it harsh. He gets fouled all the time as he has this languid gate which takes him close to opponents before a late quick foot shuffle moves the ball and draws a foul, he often ends up on the floor as cards are being dished out so perhaps he has caught a few. 5 games is harsh I think as he isn't a baddie.

People think I go on about our poor discipline but there you go... 2 starting 11'ers from a small squad in a relegation fighting team sitting on their arses for the next 5 games... Great. Well worth a pathetic moan at the ref or a stupid booking. When you stop playing you realise how silly it all is.

Ross didn't deserve his, especially after the Musselburgh player (turner) put up on social media after the game that he had done both the player and the ref, saying you need to do what you can to win games! Ref put in his report that the player was injured in the challenge, strange as the cheating wee p***k gets up doesn't get any treatment and took the resultant free kick, goes to show referees do lie!

luke lets no beet aboot the boosh heer 5 games maybe fir jason efter his stramash bit 5 games fir ross is way ower the top his red caird shooda been resindit whit a feckin joke n noo big andys oot in awe thers jist nae justiss al tell ees guttit a missed the win ower lokee ma bird wis no weel efter a carpal tunnil op a hud tae dae hoosewurk n us she coodnae drive a hud tae ferry her up n doon the place onyway this wee sqwaud is noo a big problim fir the hoose alas but am shoor the lads will gie it ther best shot cway the hoose

Strange I didn't see you guys complaining about the mistake the referee made when sending off one of our players on Saturday. Absolutely no way was that a red card, but that's football. The lesson to be learned is accept the two game ban and get on with it.

Yes you did ! There was not a bad foul in the game. We have had four similar red cards this season but the club has a policy not to appeal as the risk of losing the appeal and having games added, is far to high. Better to take it on the chin and get on with it. Long way to go regarding relegation, win three or four and suddenly your mid table. Very tight with a lot of clubs still in the mix.

Archived