Fauldhouse United - Premier Passion

Kinky Afro

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pleased to see you record your first super league victory today.

Had a few very enjoyable days watching your journey last season.

Good luck for this season, and I look forward to seeing you at Newtown Park.

always welcome my man

Very pleased to see you record your first super league victory today.

Had a few very enjoyable days watching your journey last season.

Good luck for this season, and I look forward to seeing you at Newtown Park.

Thanks Tynie.... you're always wecome at Park View. Hope to see you under the new "Coo Shed" banner soon......

Some result today 'hoose. Well done. Some surprising results all over today. Should be an interesting season!

Interesting season it will be.....but we are all looking forward to it....based on yesterdays performance the hoose will be a hard team to beat at Park View and that is where IMO we can pick up the points to at least survive in the Superleague.

Good crowd, good atmosphere, park looking fab......."Coo Shed" banner proudly on display.....and the team to a man played well.....it was a great home debut for us yesterday.....well done everyone!! GO THE HOOSE!!!

The long awaited and worked for first home game in the Superleague arrived yesterday, greeted by a pristine pitch, a healthy crowd and some nervous Buckie Boys. Was it the fact that the co-op were stocking cans of Buckie at £3 a pop, heralding the removal from our sunny wee village of the "Vessel of choice"? It wasn't. Nerves were jangling as a confused Afro reached fever point then realised the game was a 2.30 start and not 2. Another 30 minutes to wait, but as we marched Indian File to our Happy Hunting Ground at Park View, a confident shout of " A fancy us the day, two wan" was greeted with a measure of realism, "This is the Big League... these guys ARE an established team, lets just hope we do ourselves justice".

A minutes applause before the game for Peter Lynch (*Many thanks to the generous condolences from all junior teams and supporters that have been sent to the club and to me personally. Thank you all) was not the only applause heard yesterday as it seemed that a rampant Hoose ran the game and when the Big Falkirk Wheel of Mis-Fortune spun yesterday, it landed on a Super League Staple in Camelon, a team who flattered to deceive and some of whom chucked it half way through the second half. The Afro is not a man to suffer shirkers and in the past has vented his frustration as some Hoose players have seemed to display this "Worst of traits"... Have a look at yourselves Camelon. Exceptions to this were the number 4 the number 8 (loves a snipe and a kick out) and the hard running number 9 who forged a lone furrow and was unlucky when Big Andy produced a fabulous fingertipontothebar save to deny him. God bless the poor Camelon supporters, one of whom I locked eyes with, no words were spoken or needed, I knew how he felt, he knew I knew and understood.

A miserable showing from an alleged good team. Having said that, you can get battered into the ground and when you don't have the ball and spend the whole game chasing some slick passing, then when you DO get the ball, you seem liveless and uninventive, you will struggle. The Hoose were HIGHLY IMPRESSIVE today and had and energy and discipline and hard work ethic that is the desire of many and the reality of few. I cannot stress how surprised and delighted I was at this excellent, crowd pleasing performance. For the manager and his staff, and the committee and the crowd AND ULTIMATELY the players. They must be delighted and I wonder if the penny has finally dropped with some of them? do what you are told by the manager, work hard, concentrate on the game, don't get involved in Handbags, express yourself in the right areas, make good choices... and your skill will come through. Doh... it ain't rocket science....

One nil up at half time through a hard working an impressive start to the season Frisky Flier, who despite his tendancy to forget the above on occasions, has started the season on fire and was outstanding yesterday. He was named MOTM by the official Hoose site but he had competition. 3 more goals in the second half from "Superman Clark Kent Campbell" [Ref: My Duff Buckie, coo Shed, 2014], FF again and he's here, he's there, he's every ****** where, Jamie gal, Jamie Gal. The Hoose dominated this game from start to finish and it was men against boys, not the way though that many had expected. Great displays from a cultured Kevin Ross and a midfield masterclass from Clark Campbell and Sam Scott.

To pick a MOTM out would be unfair as even the new starters and new faces gave 100% and played well. frisky flier also rightly attracts a special Afro mention... seeing as I give him enough stick when he mis-behaves. I can see his strengths and his weaknesses, when he elaves the weakness out and plays to his strnghts like yesterday... he can cause mayhem in this league... for the right reasons... I am sure then he will enjoy things all the more. keep it up.

Great day yesterday and the hope of many to come with the expectation that not all teams will prove as heartless and easy to run over as those jokers yesterday. You need to play well to win like that and to destroy teams.. I think we did and congratulations all round. A brilliant show.

Underneath the "Welcome to the Coo Shed. Enjoy the banter" sign that adorns the spruced up Park View, the smiles were as wide as the gap in the Camelon back 4. A Congregation of Colloquially Chatting Cheery Chaps Chewed over events in a post match debrief over a foaming glass. Laughter abounded and "Ah'll be there" promises from Seldom Seen Supporters indicate a fair travelling support for next week at HOBH. I can't wait.... same again Landlord... same again Hoose....

Mon the Hoose!

We were absolutely crap yesterday although you say a supposed good team its a completely different team from the one we had last year. Its going to be a tough year for Camelon. People can say oh well there was an outfielder in goals but the goals weren't the goalkeepers making it was the boys in front of it. We were missing a couple of players but even still. Fauldhouse were fast they knocked the ball round and they were up for it and gave us an absolute doing. Completely different from how we were agaisnt Bo'ness.

The long awaited and worked for first home game in the Superleague arrived yesterday, greeted by a pristine pitch, a healthy crowd and some nervous Buckie Boys. Was it the fact that the co-op were stocking cans of Buckie at £3 a pop, heralding the removal from our sunny wee village of the "Vessel of choice"? It wasn't. Nerves were jangling as a confused Afro reached fever point then realised the game was a 2.30 start and not 2. Another 30 minutes to wait, but as we marched Indian File to our Happy Hunting Ground at Park View, a confident shout of " A fancy us the day, two wan" was greeted with a measure of realism, "This is the Big League... these guys ARE an established team, lets just hope we do ourselves justice".

A minutes applause before the game for Peter Lynch (*Many thanks to the generous condolences from all junior teams and supporters that have been sent to the club and to me personally. Thank you all) was not the only applause heard yesterday as it seemed that a rampant Hoose ran the game and when the Big Falkirk Wheel of Mis-Fortune spun yesterday, it landed on a Super League Staple in Camelon, a team who flattered to deceive and some of whom chucked it half way through the second half. The Afro is not a man to suffer shirkers and in the past has vented his frustration as some Hoose players have seemed to display this "Worst of traits"... Have a look at yourselves Camelon. Exceptions to this were the number 4 the number 8 (loves a snipe and a kick out) and the hard running number 9 who forged a lone furrow and was unlucky when Big Andy produced a fabulous fingertipontothebar save to deny him. God bless the poor Camelon supporters, one of whom I locked eyes with, no words were spoken or needed, I knew how he felt, he knew I knew and understood.

A miserable showing from an alleged good team. Having said that, you can get battered into the ground and when you don't have the ball and spend the whole game chasing some slick passing, then when you DO get the ball, you seem liveless and uninventive, you will struggle. The Hoose were HIGHLY IMPRESSIVE today and had and energy and discipline and hard work ethic that is the desire of many and the reality of few. I cannot stress how surprised and delighted I was at this excellent, crowd pleasing performance. For the manager and his staff, and the committee and the crowd AND ULTIMATELY the players. They must be delighted and I wonder if the penny has finally dropped with some of them? do what you are told by the manager, work hard, concentrate on the game, don't get involved in Handbags, express yourself in the right areas, make good choices... and your skill will come through. Doh... it ain't rocket science....

One nil up at half time through a hard working an impressive start to the season Frisky Flier, who despite his tendancy to forget the above on occasions, has started the season on fire and was outstanding yesterday. He was named MOTM by the official Hoose site but he had competition. 3 more goals in the second half from "Superman Clark Kent Campbell" [Ref: My Duff Buckie, coo Shed, 2014], FF again and he's here, he's there, he's every ****** where, Jamie gal, Jamie Gal. The Hoose dominated this game from start to finish and it was men against boys, not the way though that many had expected. Great displays from a cultured Kevin Ross and a midfield masterclass from Clark Campbell and Sam Scott.

To pick a MOTM out would be unfair as even the new starters and new faces gave 100% and played well. frisky flier also rightly attracts a special Afro mention... seeing as I give him enough stick when he mis-behaves. I can see his strengths and his weaknesses, when he elaves the weakness out and plays to his strnghts like yesterday... he can cause mayhem in this league... for the right reasons... I am sure then he will enjoy things all the more. keep it up.

Great day yesterday and the hope of many to come with the expectation that not all teams will prove as heartless and easy to run over as those jokers yesterday. You need to play well to win like that and to destroy teams.. I think we did and congratulations all round. A brilliant show.

Underneath the "Welcome to the Coo Shed. Enjoy the banter" sign that adorns the spruced up Park View, the smiles were as wide as the gap in the Camelon back 4. A Congregation of Colloquially Chatting Cheery Chaps Chewed over events in a post match debrief over a foaming glass. Laughter abounded and "Ah'll be there" promises from Seldom Seen Supporters indicate a fair travelling support for next week at HOBH. I can't wait.... same again Landlord... same again Hoose....

Mon the Hoose!

First trip of the season tae Fife eh Neebur the day For the Hoose Fans. Here's hoping for the continued 100% effort from the lads today at a tricky wee place to get a result.

Hope springs eternal with sprinklings of rationality. Can't wait and looking forward to visiting a new ground and seeing what this lot bring to the table... Team, ground, fan noise and pies.

Buckie boys stocking up as we speak with Punctuated Pickup Points Planned for a full Afro mobile safari into the Wilds of Fife. Neeburland foreign overseas map uploaded and co-ordinate already in the sat nav.... It shows a Forth Traverse at that Fkn bridge again. Here's hoping...... and expecting.

Mon the Hoose!

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

A shorter than expected trip to Rebus Land allowed the Buckie Boys to selfie Jim Baxter's statue at a windswept and desolate looking HOBH. The slim one would have enjoyed some kinky jinky play from the diminutive home winger early on, but when the Hoose settled they dominated the first half and went in 2-1 up. This being said, the gale force wind that was behind them first half didn't help us as much as it did the home team in the second. 1 up 1 all 2-1 up 2 all 3-2 up and we knew what was coming. Our usual fife tactic of finishing with 10 men meant we got away with a well fought for 3-3 and a good point in the end. Wind and ref were winners and losers respectfully and the teams done done well in spite of both. Full match report nonsense tomorrow. Fkn bridge and fkn wind and fkn Fife. Some things never change.

Mon the Hoose!

A windy welcome awaited the travelling Hoose fans as we sought sanctuary in the club before the game. Spirits were high and sampled as a red cheeked band of red clad fans made the short walk to the pristine pitch with turbo blowers behind the dressing rooms. A fair crowd of older locals, occasionally foul mouthed and humorous mixed well with the Buckie boys. Some new links forged I think. Two sets of fans united in the mutual condemnation of the ref and in mutual shelter from the wind.

The game never had a chance to show it's beautiful side but tried hard in spite of itself. Some good play at times from both sides with the tall number 10 for HOBH showing a good touch and positional sense belying his gangling Rodney Trotter esque gait. The wiley bald number 8 was as sly as a fox and agitated and irritated his way through the 90 mins and walked the line with the away fans. I just know that not many bad players get that much stick. He wasn't.

Enough said about the bad referee who sent off the 33 year serving HOBH manager, Ross Donnelly and Colin Hendry. 3 penalties and the usual hilarity associated with playing in a gale made it a spectacle at least, if not a classic.

3 games in and 5 points and undefeated with 100% effort every game. We can't ask for more.

Well.... I say that..... But I do. I live in the hope that one day for the whole 90 mins we will make good decisions in the right place and defend "properly" but I realise that my "properly" is mine and all I am is a fan with eyes, a voice and an old fashioned idea. We lose goals from corners, don't mark people and play a zonal defending system. That is ok if you attack and win the ball and have voices keeping people on toes for second balls. We struggle there.....I love a moan at the game but accept that we have made a choice to play that way and that the gaffer is in charge and we need to back him.... He hasn't done bad these last 3 seasons and these last 3 games. He picks his teams, sets them out and they have given him a hundred percent this season

We are better going forward and our energy and enthusiasm is a joy to see. We did great to get a draw bearing everything in mind and I left content with the point, knowing on another day we could have got 3 and also that on another day we could have got nothing. One of those games. Some good performances and hard work. Keep working hard and we will surprise a few more this season. Congratulations all round and keep it going.

A point ower that fkn bridge..... A cracking point too.

Mon the Hoose!. . .

Onwards and upwards hopefully on Saturday against Armadale, looking forward to it as it will be a hard one , no easy games, The Hoose playing really well at the moment so come on boys keep up the good work. Whats the news on Shanksy as i hear he is back training with us. Are the management taking him back after offloading him. Will be a strange one so waiting with bated breath on the outcome , can anyone enlighten on the possibility. No doubting the lads talent. .

He was at the game last Saturday, warming up with the team on the pitch before the game. He came and spoke to the Buckie boys who shook his hand and gave him some stick. He joked that he was in a huff as he wasn't starting! He could have been great for us in games this year and is a class act..... When he is behaving and playing well. At other times he is murder... Mr Shanksy or Mr Hyde??

I understand that it was HE HIMSELF who said he was leaving at the turn of the year, he was asked to stay till end of season and agreed, then he left.

I actually predicted a while ago he'd be back..... Like a shiny two point coin or a bad penny... Who knows what he'll be? The former I hope...

Mon the Moan!

Archived