2014-15 Championship League Predictions

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to note 5 posts to date predicting 2 sides going up. I reckon falkirk will be in the mix as the "favoured 3" will be going full pelt to take points off each other opening up the league to others. Queens are one to watch in a second term under McIntyre with a settled team who finished strongly last year.

1. Rangers - Notwithstanding financial meltdown, they can't f**k this up surely?

2. Hearts - Some good players should see them be a comfortable second and get through the playoffs.

3 - Queens - Consistency is a massive advantage, a very settled and a squad that's been more or less in tact for 2 years plus filling the holes should hopefully give us a good season.

4 - Falkirk - Couple of big losses but I'd say they should still be a tricky side.

5 - Hibs - It would be hilarious if one of the big 3 missed the playoffs, Hibs still haven't signed anyone, a rookie manager and a culture of pishness so I think they have the best chance of missing out.

6 Livingston - Not a fantastic squad but you would think that McGlynn will have them organised to stay clear of the drop.

7. Dumbarton - Continuity at P/T is tough but I'd back Iain Murray to keep them up.

8. Raith Rovers - Can't score and can't defend, apart from that they are fine.

9. Cowdenbeath - They need someone to step up big time up front.

10. Alloa Athletic - Their squad is pretty poor and I don't see them scoring too many.

Heart of Midlothian

Hibernian

Falkirk

Rangers

Raith Rovers

Livingston

Queen of the South

Dumbarton

Alloa

Cowdenbeath

I'd love it if both Hearts and Hibs pipped Rangers to promotion.

Rangers

Hearts

Hibs

Queens

Falkirk

Raith

Livi

Dumbarton

Cowdenbeath

Alloa

The only thing which could prevent Rangers from winning it would be another admin. Should that happen - and it really might - then the impact of a 25 point penalty will largely be dependent on timing. It would also depend on its nature. If this time they were required to lose players, then that would be likely to matter. All in all, I could see an admin costing Rangers the title, but keeping them in play-off places.

Based entirely on the current squads - as it's the thing we can go by:

Cowden and Alloa will be in the bottom two. Both head poor league seasons last and haven't improved the quality in their side thus far. Alloa have retained the majority of their squad who were abysmal in the final 1/3 of the season but I just can't see where the goals will come from from them. We have retained our defensive players but need to try and replace that front 2.

Above that will be Livi and Dumbo. I don't think Livi have a good squad but they won't concede too many and that coupled with McGlynn will make them hard to beat. Won't be pretty but effective. Dumbo won't have as good a season as last but they have so much experience throughout the side they won't be in any real danger - unless they don't get another striker in.

Raith should be looking towards 4th place. I think Murray's ineptitude will mean they won't put up a real challenge but that should be there goal. 6th will realistically be where they end up.

Falkirk and QOTS to battle it out for 4th and at the moment I fancy Queens to get it. Largely settled squad which is vital. Falkirk have Loy though

Hearts and Hibs to battle out 2nd. Coils go either way but at the moment Hearts have a much better squad so can't see past them.

Rangers to win the league by 10 points.

Based entirely on the current squads - as it's the thing we can go by:

Cowden and Alloa will be in the bottom two. Both head poor league seasons last and haven't improved the quality in their side thus far. Alloa have retained the majority of their squad who were abysmal in the final 1/3 of the season but I just can't see where the goals will come from from them. We have retained our defensive players but need to try and replace that front 2.

Above that will be Livi and Dumbo. I don't think Livi have a good squad but they won't concede too many and that coupled with McGlynn will make them hard to beat. Won't be pretty but effective. Dumbo won't have as good a season as last but they have so much experience throughout the side they won't be in any real danger - unless they don't get another striker in.

Raith should be looking towards 4th place. I think Murray's ineptitude will mean they won't put up a real challenge but that should be there goal. 6th will realistically be where they end up.

Falkirk and QOTS to battle it out for 4th and at the moment I fancy Queens to get it. Largely settled squad which is vital. Falkirk have Loy though

Hearts and Hibs to battle out 2nd. Coils go either way but at the moment Hearts have a much better squad so can't see past them.

Rangers to win the league by 10 points.

Agree with most of that. Livy may well bring in another striker but they wont replace McNulty with the same kind of quality.

Not convinced Rangers winning margin will be as much as 10 points either

Hearts

Sevco

Raith

Falkirk

QoS

Hibs

Livingston

Dumbarton

Cowdenbeath

Alloa

Raith to start the season all guns blazing but falter from Christmas onwards.

Clocks go back in October. Isn't that when your season normally de-rails.

Clocks go back in October. Isn't that when your season normally de-rails.

That's Bound to stop eventually! Going on today's performance, albeit it was only a friendly, he's got us about right, no reason why we can't be aiming for a play-off spot, but in saying that I expect us to finish 7th again with livi, cowden and Alloa below us

That's Bound to stop eventually! Going on today's performance, albeit it was only a friendly, he's got us about right, no reason why we can't be aiming for a play-off spot, but in saying that I expect us to finish 7th again with livi, cowden and Alloa below us

You may be right about 7th. Think you're dreaming thinking about play-off spots with Queens and Falkirk about.

Archived