2014-15 Championship League Predictions

With just over a month till the league gets underway I am interested to see how everyone thinks the Scottish championship league table will look at the end of the season.

So let's have it... give us your order from 1st to 10th for the season ahead!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on last seasons squads, and who each club has brought in so far

Hearts

--------------

Falkirk

Hibernian

Sevco*

--------------

Queen of the South

Raith Rovers

Dumbarton

Livingston

--------------

Cowdenbeath**

--------------

Alloa

*Deducted 25 points for going in to administration

**To keep Morton down in the play offs and VT to have a total meltdown

Rangers © (P)

----------------------------

Hearts (P)

Hibernian

QoS

Raith Rovers

Falkirk

Livingston

Dumbarton

Alloa ®

Cowdenbeath ®

Rangers © (P)
Hibernian (P)
Hearts
Falkirk
Livingston
QOS
Raith
Cowdenbeath
Alloa ®
Dumbarton®

Rangers © (P)

Hibernian (P)

Hearts

Falkirk

Livingston

QOS

Raith

Cowdenbeath

Alloa ®

Dumbarton®

The Lochend Shite to see off Heart of Midlothian over two legs in a play-off aye? :lol:

You're at it.

Rangers © (P)

Hibernian (P)

Hearts

Falkirk

Livingston

QOS

Raith

Cowdenbeath

Alloa ®

Dumbarton®

You been drinking mate ?

Rangers © (P)

Hearts (P)

Hibernian

QoS

Raith Rovers

Falkirk

Livingston

Dumbarton

Alloa ®

Cowdenbeath ®

Id be pretty surprised if Falkirk dont finish highest of the non "big 3" clubs. I would be amazed if Raith finished ahead of them. Theres absolutely no chance that both Queens and Raith will finish ahead of them.

Id be pretty surprised if Falkirk dont finish highest of the non "big 3" clubs. I would be amazed if Raith finished ahead of them. Theres absolutely no chance that both Queens and Raith will finish ahead of them.

I think we'll be a lot closer to Falkirk this season. Not saying we'll necessarily finish above them but I don't see any reason not to be confident of our chances. There wasn't an awful lot between the sides latterly last season as the playoffs showed (and we played them without Reilly, Paton, Burns, McKenna being available) and they've lost some good players since then in McGovern, Kingsley and Millar. They've brought some good players in too but there's no guarantee it will all click again straight away. They've changed their manager too and we saw ourselves last year how that can take a while to settle down again.

Overall I'd be astonished if Rangers don't win the league given the squad they now have. They only way they won't is if they do have more financial shenanigans. Coin flip over which of Hearts and Hibs gets 2nd and 3rd but I'd be surprised if any of the rest of us get in between them. I think we're most likely all playing for 4th.

Be surprised if Cowdenbeath and Alloa are not the bottom two but stranger things have happened and Livi could get involved down there. No real idea how strong they'll be.

I think we'll be a lot closer to Falkirk this season. Not saying we'll necessarily finish above them but I don't see any reason not to be confident of our chances. There wasn't an awful lot between the sides latterly last season as the playoffs showed (and we played them without Reilly, Paton, Burns, McKenna being available) and they've lost some good players since then in McGovern, Kingsley and Millar. They've brought some good players in too but there's no guarantee it will all click again straight away. They've changed their manager too and we saw ourselves last year how that can take a while to settle down again.

Overall I'd be astonished if Rangers don't win the league given the squad they now have. They only way they won't is if they do have more financial shenanigans. Coin flip over which of Hearts and Hibs gets 2nd and 3rd but I'd be surprised if any of the rest of us get in between them. I think we're most likely all playing for 4th.

Be surprised if Cowdenbeath and Alloa are not the bottom two but stranger things have happened and Livi could get involved down there. No real idea how strong they'll be.

Has your ptich been fixed?

Struggling to see anything other than a Sevco cakewalk, followed by Hearts and Hibs.

The 4th to 7th slots will I think, be between Falkirk, QotS, Raith and Dumbarton, with Livingston close behind. I just can't see either Alloa or Cowdenbeath staying with the pack this year. Once we hit 2015, both will fade out of things.

I am more interested in the styles of football we will see. Sevco will be the power and speed merchants, with Livingston king of the back to front big hitters. Despite Raith having a decent midfield, the hulk that is Nade will be too tempting, and a lot of stuff will be launched in his general direction too.

There will be another culture shock coming our way in 12 months when two of rangers, Hearts and Hibs are promoted, and replaced by Ross County/ ICT/ Killie.

A lot of clubs that are splashing a bit of extra cash this summer will be slashing and burning squads come next April.

Archived