Pre-season results page

Preston Athletic 2 1 Coldstream

A thoroughly spiffing game to watch, even though their pen was as soft as a post Indian shite and the grass was up tae their knees. Just glad I found a seat without pigeon shit oan it

oh come now heed. I'm sure the Pennypit pitch has been mowed since City played them in May on what was a lush, verdant surface....

post-12982-0-37095200-1406678776.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other words swainy has a man of match performance in a 1-1 pumping :P

a 1-1 pumping at theirs on that strange green stuff under-foot. Yes it's almost like you was there Newky lad. I pity the Students on Saturday, though I'm unsure who of our lads will be in the starting line up, superb pre-season & we've already got 1 competitive match under our belts, let the season begin. I do think it's a bit unfair that our 1st 2 matches are at home & then our 3rd match is away on that magic carpet of a similar surface to ours.

Strangely enough my 1st match when I get back off me jols is an away trip to Threave, their pitch is lovely although made of that strange green substance, so we'll still be able to play our fast paced free-flowing game. Loco, Granty & Herdy will be springing baws all o'er the pitch for a swathe of goals galore!

I hadn't been 100% convinced about Herdy in the 1st couple of matches but on Saturday he was marvelous, he reminded me of Steven Ireland the way he played when he was at City, I love Moose to bits but even I wouldn't have awarded him MoM, he'd have got 3rd after Harry & Herdy, if only his clever early chance had popped in off the post, he would have been a shoe in for the bottle of plonk.

Still not seen the elusive Thommo play yet, that's a luxury to savour further in to the campaign & it's fantastic to see Jack Beacher back on the pitch at 1/2 time putting the lads through their paces, he looks well on the way to recovery.

Grimbo

Archived