HMS Prince of Wales

I was watching the naming of Betty's boat and pondered the fate of it's sister ship.

It is reported that it will be mothballed and wondered what alternate use it could be put to.

Some of the ideas thrown into the hat by colleagues were 'container ship' and 'oil tanker' I thought it could be a fantastic theme park, over to you.

Yes, however I don't think The Ferry actually goes anywhere these days. The Thekla is apparently due to head back out to sea soon.

I see! That could be fun.

No, the ferry doesn't go anywhere. If it did I sure as hell wouldn't be on it :shutup

Was that the same Tuxedo Princess that was in Newcastle? The worst fucking nightclub that I've ever graced with my presence. Quite an achievement considering that I've been to The Vu.

They were sister ships. The one in Newcastle was the Tuxedo Royale. They had to scrap that one, so the Princess was moved to Newcastle and renamed. Sadly the last time I was there it seemed to have disappeared from the quayside.

You're right, it was a fucking hideous place.

They were sister ships. The one in Newcastle was the Tuxedo Royale. They had to scrap that one, so the Princess was moved to Newcastle and renamed. Sadly the last time I was there it seemed to have disappeared from the quayside.

You're right, it was a fucking hideous place.

Apparently it's been towed to Greece.

They're so skint right now it's probably the flagship of their navy.

well seeing as it's got a bit of road on it, you could jack it up and it can form the middle section of the new Forth Crossing and save a bit of cash. Either that or use it to fill one of the many fucking huge potholes in Edinburgh's roads....

Archived