SEVEN JUNIORS in new Scottish Cup ..

mick90

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally i wouldn't let any junior teams in the sfa scottish cup.You wan't to play the 'big boys' go senior or join the lowland league.

Nothing stopping teams now they are a sfa members.

I agree.

Nevertheless, Linlithgow are still a junior club and as a fan of the junior grade I'll support them, whether or not they win the league the previous season.

It Linlithgow were to beat an SPL side everyone on this part of the forum would be in raptures and crowing about the strength of the juniors, regardless of how they made it into the competition.

^^^Moron. Thicko. Arse. Consistent though...>_>

As Junior clubs, we are all little fish in a big pond. Therefore it really shouldn't matter how we got into the big Scottish Cup.

We should all be getting behind our own teams AND each others (yes that includes Lithgy!:P) and hoping that we all do as well as possible and do all of the Juniors proud.

Jesus Magee, will you ever just vanish?

There is no real anomaly this coming season with Junior participation in the Senior Cup.

Moving forward though, you could well have a scenario where Super League or Scottish winners were denied entry into Senior cup because of licensing.

Answer is work towards the licence surely? At some point the juniors will need to work with the pyramid or fester. This is particularly true for ambitious, well run clubs.

There is no real anomaly this coming season with Junior participation in the Senior Cup.

Moving forward though, you could well have a scenario where Super League or Scottish winners were denied entry into Senior cup because of licensing.

That was voted on at the latest SFA AGM and the member clubs opted to keep the four junior qualifiers involved along with two from the nonleague seniors. That coupled with a change in the composition of the SFA's board that was also voted on (the Professional Game Board gets an extra member) means that the status quo arrangement is probably secure in the short to medium term. What will be interesting to watch will be if licensing is going to become more popular amongst junior clubs. The commitment to the pyramid thing that has been added might put Talbot off if it means forced Lowland League entry but clubs that are unlikely to win one of the superleagues are unlijkely to see that as a significant obstacle. Haddington Athletic are said to be taking the plunge on entry level. It will be interesting to see if any others give it a go.

To me both The Rose & BOD will be viewed as junior clubs in the big scottish. It doesn't bother me that they enter later than the BUs.

The more the merrier. The only problem I would have is if these 2 clubs & Girvan are handed byes in the Junior Cup, if they are given again this

year. As I stated before, they should only be handed to the 4 clubs who enter the Scottish on merit.

What would happen if a lot of junior clubs got licensed and then the Sjfa became a wee bit bitter,twisted and evil :) and arranged junior cup rounds on the same day as the seniors ?.

dont think the member clubs of the sjfa would vote for that.

Good luck to all the clubs and well done to those with the vision to invest & earn their licence.

All 7 do indeed represent the junior game no matter how they got there.

They have all earned the right to be there through different reasons.

This thread became a right car crash to be honest.

Archived