SEVEN JUNIORS in new Scottish Cup ..

mick90

oh , I don't know Black Dug- pissed it up the wall on substandard players...!

I haven't been down to Prestonfield for a couple of years now- have they got nice toilets for spectators now or do you still have to pop into the Social Club?

As I've always said, there's nothing to stop a big club like Lithgae running two teams- one that gets in the Scottish Cup each year and plays in the LL say and for sake of argument the "main" team that maintains the Junior tradition and plays in the East SuperLeague.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh , I don't know Black Dug- pissed it up the wall on substandard players...!

I haven't been down to Prestonfield for a couple of years now- have they got nice toilets for spectators now or do you still have to pop into the Social Club?

As I've always said, there's nothing to stop a big club like Lithgae running two teams- one that gets in the Scottish Cup each year and plays in the LL say and for sake of argument the "main" team that maintains the Junior tradition and plays in the East SuperLeague.

nice new toilets and disabled access toilets also,which is a requirement to gain a licence.as for joining the LL i would welcome that.but at the end of the day it wont be linlithgow as a club who decides on going down that route.The folk on here who don't think junior teams should be in the SFA cup need to have a look at them selves.Linlithgow reached the criteria for membership down to the very hard work of a non paid bunch of committee men and women.not every team has the luxury of lottery winners money.

Linlithgow have invested the necessary time and energy to get their entry licence and obtain SFA membership. Bo'ness hasn't.

Bo'ness have won their league. Linlithgow hasn't.

Now of course Girvan haven't done either, they participate via historical quirk.

I can see why you would criticise Girvan / desire them eliminated. Less so Rose.

When you say "Junior clubs should earn the right to compete", do you mean you're against Junior clubs getting licences or becoming SFA members?

Bo'ness do not own Newtown Park. However, as of May this year the Newtown Park Trust has taken over the mantle from the Council and will develope Newtown into a Community amenity.

Bo'ness do not own Newtown Park. However, as of May this year the Newtown Park Trust has taken over the mantle from the Council and will develope Newtown into a Community amenity.

Good news. What are the plans bohessian?

Nice that Banks o`Dee and Linlithgow have stepped up to the plate .... however, the Scottish Cup and SPFL remain two of the very few competitions in FIFA where clubs are ACTIVELY PREVENTED from joining in, by one bogus means or another .... a policy that puts our football exactly where it is today (nowhere) and offers little hope for the future.

Nice that Banks o`Dee and Linlithgow have stepped up to the plate .... however, the Scottish Cup and SPFL remain two of the very few competitions in FIFA where clubs are ACTIVELY PREVENTED from joining in, by one bogus means or another .... a policy that puts our football exactly where it is today (nowhere) and offers little hope for the future.

Heston Rovers are doing work on their open terrace behind the goals.

I'm not sure where this has come from tbh, the Scottish cup and the spfl are at their most open now. Scottish cup is open to any club able to get a licence, no restrictions on what league they play etc as well as being open to qualifiers . spfl is the first of our national leagues accessible every year.

Yes they should be more open, but we are certainly progressing.

Whether that Barrfield fud likes it or not, Linlithgow Rose WILL be representing Junior football in next season's Scottish Cup.

No you won't. You'll be in the competition as SFA members. How is that so difficult for you to understand?

The clubs who haven't earned the right to be there by winning football competitions aren't representing junior football and therefore I hope they face embarrassing first round exits to also-rans from the Highland and Lowland leagues

Fair enough you hold a view that Linlithgow haven't earned the right to be in the competition (even if you haven't answered what we should have done with our money earned from our recent successes rather than invest in the club, which opened up a revenue stream...were we supposed to refuse this guaranteed money?) but to actively wish an embarrassing exit for a fellow Junior club - no matter how they got there - screams of petty jealousy.

Club Licencing is available to every junior club, we have broken no rules to get to this level. We have not had windfall investment from any one individual, but a program of continual upgrades and hard work over many years by a great number of people both committee and others (the friends of Linlithgow Rose boys for instance) has enabled the club become attractive to sponsors and new fans, itself increasing potential earnings.

What is wrong in any of the above mate? What is it you feel we have done wrong to bias your view against us??

From what I've read on other subforums on here Haddington have taken the first step towards entry level and full SFA membership. Any other junior clubs thinking about giving it a go? For most clubs the commitment to the pyramid thing is a bit pie in the sky given there is not much danger of them ever winning the superleague, so if Broomhill Sports Club can use Lochburn Park in Maryhill as their launch pad to entry level presumably Maryhill Juniors could do much the same to name but one example.

Good news. What are the plans bohessian?

Don't know the exact plans but no doubt they will be looking for funding from the usual sources sportscotland etc. Might even go down the route of an artificial surface adding facilities for groups in the community and this will benefit United in the long term and leading to SFA licensing.

This is not going to happen overnight.

This is not going to happen overnight.

There's the bit that fuckin dick from Largs is missing completely. The reason why it won't happen overnight is because securing the licence takes a lot of effort. We've been steadily improving across a range of areas for a number of years now. It didn't happen overnight. Because we've made that investment our supporters benefit from better facilities, the football in the town is more integrated and the policies and procedures we operate to are more stringent. Linlithgow- or any other club - has earned the right to play in the cup. None of the clubs are any more or less representative of the juniors. If we were not in and Bo'ness were, I'd see them as representing themselves and their community. There is no such thing as a junior community - the very concept is utter horse shit in a grade which is riddled with self interest (like most others tbf). For Mick 90 that's what lies at the heart of the malaise affecting football in this country - nobody gives a f**k about what's best for the long term development of the game. Well, not nobody, but those who do carry no clout.

Yes, provided they met all the off-field requirements (ground criteria is only one aspect of licensing) - and had whatever primacy of use was required if Yoker weren't.

Incorrect. East Stirlingshire are tenants of Stenhousemuir, and licenced. A few SPFL, HL and LL clubs don't own their own grounds.

No.

Yes.

It doesn't (see above).

Cheers for that mate.

Certainly know yer stuff.

What happens if Lithgae win the East SuperLeague or Junior Cup....would the runners up get into the big Scottish along with Lithgae as they would be in anyway ?

Cheers for that mate.

Certainly know yer stuff.

What happens if Lithgae win the East SuperLeague or Junior Cup....would the runners up get into the big Scottish along with Lithgae as they would be in anyway ?

Nah I think it's just Linlithgow who enter as a junior team. Would they have to play a prelim round though? So, in a way it would be to their advantage to not win the league/cup?

Nope. I've absolutely nothing against Linlithgow as a club. Just don't think it's fair that yourselves and BoD have this automatic Scottish cup place.

Are you annoyed that other SFA members get automatic places?

Archived