Yoko Ono's Glastonbury 'Performance'

Ya Bezzer!, on 08 Jul 2014 - 16:05, said:

1) Yoko Ono didn't split up the Beatles.

2) Elvis and Frank Sinatra, to my knowledge, never wrote a song between them. Hard to really describe them artists in that regard. Lennon not only wrote his own songs, something that was quite revolutionary in its own right at the time, but completely altered the boundaries of songwriting with things like 'Tomorrow Never Knows', 'Strawberry Fields', 'Rain', etc, etc. You could hardly say Frank Sinatra altered social history, although you might make the case for Elvis, but I would counter that by saying the original wave of rock n' roll had died on it's arse by the time he joined the army.

3) On cuntiness, not generally a criteria used in judging an artist, Sinatra's connections with the mafia hardly mark him out as a morally pure human being.

The rest I can't be bothered to counter since you are probably trolling and I've got better things to do that turn out an essay.

'Strawberry Fields' and the like is just pure hippy babbling. Read the lyrics, it's nonsense looking back. I think you can say that Sinatra altered social history quite a bit. In fact, David Hajdu went on to say about Sinatra, 'To hell with the calendar. The day Frank Sinatra dies, the 20th century is over'. That's not the point though, as that's really a subjective matter, the point I took umbridge at was you saying Ono could do whatever she want because she made a great artist happy.

If Lennon was an attention seeker why did he go into a 5 year hiatus to look after his son Sean? John knew he fucked up terribly with Julian and hated himself for it as he also did with hitting woman - at the time of his death he had expressed great regret for being that person and had resolved to change his ways.

As for asking if John was that talented - what a stupid question.

I dislike and dont stand for what he did by the way.

As for Yoko's 'performance' - its unlistenable garbage. But then so is every other piece of music she's ever recorded.

Lennon's antics throughout the 70's with Yoko Ono is the definition of attention seeking behaviour. Just because he released a few iconic and cracking songs, doesn't undermine the fact that he was desperate for the attention. When he took his '5 year hiatus', he was effectively a 'socialite' with Yoko Ono. Expressing regret at the time of your death means nothing when you've battered your wife and mistress (Cynthia and Yoko amongst others) for the majority of your life. And if he was so repentant of the way he treated Julian, why did he leave him pretty much nothing in his will when he died?

Lennon may have 'resolved' to change his ways but he was a loony, who changed his mind on a daily basis.

Just because you're married to a legend of music doesn't give you the authority to babble absolute pish on the biggest stage in Britain, unless she's trying out for Britain's Got Talent.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No she isn't.

The dreadful blight on humanity are the sort of people who have been subjecting her to dreadful racial and sexist abuse for the last 4 decades or so.

Aye, you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. You'll be saying her fanny goes sideways next!

meanmistermustard, on 08 Jul 2014 - 19:08, said:

I thought about posting a rebuttal Ludo*1 but considering a lot of what you wrote was mindless pish i'm not going to waste my time.

Cracking contribution.

She embodies all the popular P&Bisms. 'Verge of tears', 'Scrambling for relevance', 'Trying too hard', 'You seem upset' and so on. All could be replaced with just 'Yoko Ono'.

I'm going to start doing this.

Archived