Yoko Ono's Glastonbury 'Performance'

I'd put this in the music section of the forum but it'd be an insult to music. There is no 'music' involved. Has there ever been a worse performance? Be it a singer, someone on Britain's Got Talent or a comedian?

What is the worst 'performance', musical or otherwise you have seen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAZTzaQ-sSc

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Philistines, art is what it was..

40 minutes of experimental drum drone, bluesy riff rock, spoken word “affirmations” and singing that resembles, in turn, mini orgasms, primal scream therapy and simian territorial fighting.

Jesus. If you think that's bad (and it is), try this out... I'd call it a song, but that would be giving it to much credit. Not only is this fucking woeful, it's nine minutes of pure self-indulgence. I wonder if anyone would be listening (and cheering FFS) had she not been married to John Lennon.

Jesus. If you think that's bad (and it is), try this out... I'd call it a song, but that would be giving it to much credit. Not only is this fucking woeful, it's nine minutes of pure self-indulgence. I wonder if anyone would be listening (and cheering FFS) had she not been married to John Lennon.

Jeeeeezus. Sounds like a giant swarm of wasps attacking a field of ewes during lambing season.

Right next to the Saitama SuperArenA in Tokyo there stands a three floor John Lennon Museum. I say John Lennon Museum, because that's what it's called. But asides from some genuinely brilliant Beatles exhibits, half the place is taken up with Yoko Ono's art. One of those "installations" is a red telephone which she promises to call once a year. If you answer it, you win something rubbish.

I mention this only to point out that not only is Yoko Ono bad at singing, she's also pretty terrible at conceptual art.*

* I did enjoy all the Beatles stuff that's in there though. John Lennon had very small hands, in case you were wondering.

Right next to the Saitama SuperArenA in Tokyo there stands a three floor John Lennon Museum. I say John Lennon Museum, because that's what it's called. But asides from some genuinely brilliant Beatles exhibits, half the place is taken up with Yoko Ono's art.

If this is the standard, I take it's one or two Yoko Ono exhibits per floor?

River-Bed-011.jpg

River Bed

Savage Henry, on 04 Jul 2014 - 14:39, said:

Right next to the Saitama SuperArenA in Tokyo there stands a three floor John Lennon Museum. I say John Lennon Museum, because that's what it's called. But asides from some genuinely brilliant Beatles exhibits, half the place is taken up with Yoko Ono's art. One of those "installations" is a red telephone which she promises to call once a year. If you answer it, you win something rubbish.

I mention this only to point out that not only is Yoko Ono bad at singing, she's also pretty terrible at conceptual art.*

* I did enjoy all the Beatles stuff that's in there though. John Lennon had very small hands, in case you were wondering.

The question now is, what is Yoko Ono good at?

I'd put this in the music section of the forum but it'd be an insult to music. There is no 'music' involved. Has there ever been a worse performance? Be it a singer, someone on Britain's Got Talent or a comedian?

Jesus, that was tragic. The bassist looked like he was seriously reconsidering his chosen career at one point, and I can't say I blame him.

Worst performance I've seen was during the Fringe about five years ago. A group of us wanted to see a couple of shows which were on in the same venue, but couldn't be arsed going somewhere else and coming back a couple of hours later so we stayed to watch the two free shows in between the ones we had tickets for. The first one wasn't bad - decent comedian, but a lot of his material was based on audience interaction and he didn't really have a big enough crowd to make it work. The second guy was just terrible though. It was like he was trying to channel the spirit of Saturday night TV variety shows via Bernard Manning and Viz. Half of the jokes were so old that everyone in the audience had heard them at least twice, the other half were so offensive they probably could have been classed as a hate crime. Utterly, utterly terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAZTzaQ-sSc

What's equally sad is all these total fannies in the crowd trying to be hip and cool by pretending to appreciate this pile of utter shite, juts because she was married to Lennon

Worst performance I've seen myself was a band called The Business. Dunno what they've done since I seen them, but at this point, they were a proper little Sex Pistols tribute act. I don't like the Sex Pistols much myself, but this lot were far far worse than I could have imagined.

I've seen a few less than stellar performances over the years (U2, I'm looking in your direction) but nothing truly horrific.

Probably the worst was was a Louisiana musician called Buckwheat Zydeco. He takes his name from Zydeco music which if you don't know, is a style blending Cajun, blues and rhythm and blues - very upbeat and lively.

Not with this arsehole though. His entire act consisted of yelling out "Lemme hear you say "Yeah!", to which the audience would dutifully shout out "Yeah!". Then he would noodle around for a minute or so, playing random notes, before yelling out "Lemme hear you say "Allright!", then "Give it up for the people affected by Hurricane Katrina" and then back to "Lemme hear you say "Yeah!". All...fucking...night.

People were trying to dance but there was just no music there. I was telling the people near me "Stop yelling out "Yeah". If nobody responds he'll be forced to play something."

Things did get a bit better when he went off for a whizz or to smoke a joint or something and the backing group actually put something together for 10 or 15 minutes but then he came back on and it was straight back to the "Lemme hear you say "Yeah!". We left at that point.

I honestly don't think the fucker knew how to play any of his own songs.

Archived