The P&B Dees Shirt Sponsor

As has been discussed widely on the Dundee thread we're making a concerted effort to sponsor a Dundee player for this season. For those who either haven't already or can't be arsed to wade through the thread I've started a dedicated one. We've got 26 guys so far who've committed to it and the plan is to see how many we've got by Monday morning, I'll get in touch with the commercial department and find out who is still available to sponsor. By monday morning we should have an idea of numbers so we can work out the 'per head' cost. If that's still a bit steep for you we're more than happy to get whatever you can throw in. Monday morning is the cut off for offering, purely because we need to figure out the 'per head' cost.

We'll then have a vote from all the people pledging cash to see who will be the lucky recipient. I'll then get back in touch with the club and pay for it. Simples ! well in theory anyway. We're relying on peoples generosity and honesty to make it happen and Harry94 has very generously offered to do the financial side of it. We realise that people have different preferences for paying and We can arrange payment in three ways:

-Bank transfer (preferred)

-Cash if you live locally

-Paypal transfer

Please PM harry94 with your preferred method and he'll reply with more information. We should know by Monday what the 'per head' price is but as I said, if its a bit much we'll be more than grateful for what you can give. Any advice would be much appreciated (might be ignored mind :P ) and apologies to all the folk on the other thread that have contributed already, your input hasn't been ignored. The more who do it the cheaper it will work out, have at it Dee's lets make this happen.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a date you need the money by? I can't really afford it just now, but I could do by September. :P

ETA: Nevermind, just noticed that Monday is the cut-off; sorry. :(

Is there a date you need the money by? I can't really afford it just now, but I could do by September. :P

We'll see on monday how much it will break down to for cost. You might get a pleasant surprise, I worked it out if there was 25 of us it would only be 18 quid. We're past 25 now so it shouldn't be that expensive mate.

Can you add a poll to see who we fancy sponsoring?

Yes mate I will, I'll be phoning the commercial department on monday to see who's still available then post it so we can have a vote. Hopefully all will have their say by tuesday or wednesday at the latest then I'll pay for it.

Yeah it's called Pie and Bovril mate.

Ah okay, most teams at this level have club specific forums, my bad crack on.

Lex, on 03 Jul 2014 - 20:52, said:

Don't Dundee fans have their own forum?

Dundee Mad and Pie and Bovril has a weird relationship. The two sets of posters don't really get on and there's a small mix of people who post on both. I believe on Mad they've raised enough for a couple of players too.

I am surprised you need to ask anyone, surely your resident millionaire businessman Fifespud could sponsor not just a player but the whole team. Not to do so would be churlish considering the vast wealth he was proclaiming to the other day.

I see you've fucked that up as well. Is there any limit to how stupid you are?

Dundee Mad and Pie and Bovril has a weird relationship. The two sets of posters don't really get on and there's a small mix of people who post on both. I believe on Mad they've raised enough for a couple of players too.

I think it is the same with EastFootball and P&B with Utd fans. I gave up on EastFootball very quickly. Good luck with the player sponsorship idea, I think more fans on P&B should be doing the same. Also not that anyone will care but I think you should sponsor Scott Bain. From people I have talked to I have been told he is a very good keeper with a great deal of potential.

Archived