Popular things you generally have no time for

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big Bang Theory & How I Met Your Mother. Always seems to be on yet utter tripe.

& 2 and a half men etc etc etc.

Loads of American comedies that I find utter shite. The ones with the cheesy jokes and all the fake laughing audiences.

Apart from Friends, for some reason I absolutely love it even though i usually hate everything about they kinds of shows

Music festivals - I can think of nothing worse than spending a few days in a tent with massive groups of drugged up people my own age surrounding me. It sounds utterly horrible. I seem to be massively in the minority however.

TV - I watch the news in the background when I wake up, and sport at night. Apart from that, basically nothing. I don't have the attention span for anything like Breaking Bad.

Lad/Bantz culture - Horrific. Utterly horrific. I hope that the founders of the Lad Bible and the like endure a miserable lonely existence in the future. Despicable, generic twunts.

Long lies - Its quarter past 7 on a Saturday and I'm awake and have been for an hour. I've got nothing that needs done, I just feel awful if I lie in beyond half 7.

Alcohol - Controversial I know. I've just never seen the need or fancied it. I regularly see my friends getting Colin'd and I think they just look daft. I suspect I'm in as small a minority on p&b as Labour voters in Dundee with that.

So aye, see the stereotypes of what I should be doing at my age? I hate them.

#TooHipster

Edit, just seen this:

Nit, camping in a field full of people aff their tits on drugs, sleeping in a tent and waking up with a hangover, no washing for 3 days, shiting in portaloos, listening to live music which I think sounds shite anyway, dodging cups of pish being flung around and also with a high chance of getting soaking wet and covered in mud in the pishing rain.

Genuinely sounds like hell on earth to me. :lol:

Sums up my feelings towards festivals perfectly.

Remarkably, well over 90% of everything already mentioned on this thread. Just need to add virtually everything else in the world and I'm done.

Death can't be far away now, surely.

Pubs raving about having live bands or acoustic buskers night, usually shite, feel ignorant tailing when it's on and all play same songs. Obviously there is exceptions, usually prefer a half decent jukebox though.

Music gigs. Been to a few big ones. Was bored off my head at practically all of them even though I was telling myself "you should be enjoying this". Prefer chilling out listening to music at home. Never been to a 2/3 day festival for all the reasons stated previously in this thread.

UFC. Seems to be getting more popular but I hate it. Resembles a late night street brawl outside a nightclub. There's something disconcerting about watching someone pummeling an opponent on the ground. At least in boxing when a fighter is knocked down he's given a count to recover.

Facebook. Friends and relatives have tried to get me to sign up but I have absolutely zero interest. I don't need to know what's going on in everyone's life and they certainly don't need to know what's going on in mine. If someone needs to communicate with me they have my number.

Golf (playing). Again, friends have tried to persuade me to take it up as they play for 4 or 5 hours every Sunday morning and they say it's a great way to get away from the wife and kids for a few hours. I've tried playing golf before and I was useless. I found it utterly frustrating and boring and wanted to go home after nine holes. Besides, I like spending Sunday mornings with my family, I work long enough during the week.

That song "Happy" by Pharrell. Couldn't switch on the radio last year without hearing it but I couldn't fucking stand it!

Music festivals - I can think of nothing worse than spending a few days in a tent with massive groups of drugged up people my own age surrounding me. It sounds utterly horrible. I seem to be massively in the minority however.

TV - I watch the news in the background when I wake up, and sport at night. Apart from that, basically nothing. I don't have the attention span for anything like Breaking Bad.

Lad/Bantz culture - Horrific. Utterly horrific. I hope that the founders of the Lad Bible and the like endure a miserable lonely existence in the future. Despicable, generic twunts.

Long lies - Its quarter past 7 on a Saturday and I'm awake and have been for an hour. I've got nothing that needs done, I just feel awful if I lie in beyond half 7.

Alcohol - Controversial I know. I've just never seen the need or fancied it. I regularly see my friends getting Colin'd and I think they just look daft. I suspect I'm in as small a minority on p&b as Labour voters in Dundee with that.

So aye, see the stereotypes of what I should be doing at my age? I hate them.

#TooHipster

Edit, just seen this:

Sums up my feelings towards festivals perfectly.

'Colin'd' :lol:

Brilliant. That's my new word.

Remarkably, well over 90% of everything already mentioned on this thread. Just need to add virtually everything else in the world and I'm done.

Death can't be far away now, surely.

Deaths a pretty good shout tbh. Everyone seems to do it but I've never really fancied it myself

Playing pool.

I fucking hate playing pool. It really bores the moobs right off me. I particularly can't stand arseholes who take it seriously and throw their toys out of the pram when they lose.

,,,and take their own sticks to the pub.

,,,and take their own sticks to the pub.

Does this... does this happen?

If so, the people that do this must almost certainly be virgins and still live with their maw, surely?

Archived