Popular things you generally have no time for

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texting. Maybe it's been raised in the last 35 pages. Different if it's a specific purpose, i.e. sending someone a specific piece of information, but holding a text 'conversation' when you can just talk on the phone seems such a waste of effort.

Texting. Maybe it's been raised in the last 35 pages. Different if it's a specific purpose, i.e. sending someone a specific piece of information, but holding a text 'conversation' when you can just talk on the phone seems such a waste of effort.

This, but exchange Microsoft Outlook Lync for texting.

Lync is for imbeciles that can't use a phone.

It's much easier to end a text conversation - you just stop. Some folk are a nightmare to try and get off the phone.

Does it now make sense why people prefer to converse with you in text, Bill?

This, but exchange Microsoft Outlook Lync for texting.

Lync is for imbeciles that can't use a phone.

I use Lync in work. I normally use it for speaking to folk when I'm on the phone or in the middle of something else, or just need a quick answer.

I also use it to avoid speaking directly to many of the total arseholes that work for my company.

I use Lync in work. I normally use it for speaking to folk when I'm on the phone or in the middle of something else, or just need a quick answer.

I also use it to avoid speaking directly to many of the total arseholes that work for my company.

I genuinely feel sorry for you.

I'd say the exact opposite tbh. Texting someone means you can do other stuff if they are just talking shite, whereas if I had a specific thing I needed to speak to someone about, I'd phone them.

I don't even answer the phone anymore but then again I've always hated talking on the phone cause no one can understand me,if anyone wants me they just text/whatsapp, we don't even have a house phone as it would never get used.

I don't even answer the phone anymore but then again I've always hated talking on the phone cause no one can understand me,if anyone wants me they just text/whatsapp, we don't even have a house phone as it would never get used.

Sorry??

I think it's an age thing. Older people (pensioners/grand) like to phone people up and have long conversations, probably because they don't see too many people, are bored and just want the company. Whereas younger folk only really use the phone for something specific and text to have random wee conversations as it's much more convenient than phoning someone every time you want to say something.

Archived