Popular things you generally have no time for

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tattoo's really bother me they are just absolutely pathetic and meaningless shite

Why does it bother you so much?

Why does it bother you so much?

I honestly don't know why i have such a dislike for them - i think its a social fear of people who have them and think they are cool. Almost everyone i know that got one did it on a whim just for the f**k of it and now that the years have past find them totally irrelevant - like people getting lyrics from songs from bands that were big in 2006 but no one talks about now. Also all those celtic design ones, ones with zodiac signs that mean something in Chinese and all other sorts of nonsense people decide to get permanently stained onto their bodies. Im sounding like Katie Hopkins!

I honestly don't know why i have such a dislike for them - i think its a social fear of people who have them and think they are cool. Almost everyone i know that got one did it on a whim just for the f**k of it and now that the years have past find them totally irrelevant - like people getting lyrics from songs from bands that were big in 2006 but no one talks about now. Also all those celtic design ones, ones with zodiac signs that mean something in Chinese and all other sorts of nonsense people decide to get permanently stained onto their bodies. Im sounding like Katie Hopkins!

Some people get them for the wrong reasons, I think. I have the logo of my favourite band, who've since been publicly shown to be charlatans (not, not THE Charlatans), and a Transformers Decepticon logo. I don't regret either. The former is a symbol of what was important to me when I was younger, and their wankery doesn't change that. The latter was a present for the wee boy inside me (steady). The fact that I've had people assume I got the latter due to those terrible movies just makes me laugh :P I forget they're there most of the time, and it always makes me smile when I catch a glimpse of them by accident.

I promise not to intimidate you, should we ever meet :P

Some people get them for the wrong reasons, I think. I have the logo of my favourite band, who've since been publicly shown to be charlatans (not, not THE Charlatans), and a Transformers Decepticon logo. I don't regret either. The former is a symbol of what was important to me when I was younger, and their wankery doesn't change that. The latter was a present for the wee boy inside me (steady). The fact that I've had people assume I got the latter due to those terrible movies just makes me laugh :P I forget they're there most of the time, and it always makes me smile when I catch a glimpse of them by accident.

^^^

Has a Lostprophets tattoo. Drinks piss.

Ach i don't really know then - just from my friends and family who have had tattoos i have always just thought how fucking stupid - i remember being in Australia and i met a guy who had his own name tattoo'd to him i mean seriously what the f**k?!

I just don't fit in with people who are well into body art/piercings - when i was at the tender ages of 18 - 20 back 2004 - 2006 sort of time there were clearer divides among cliques when i was living in Glasgow. I suppose i was just your average lad type who liked drinking girls and football but i was hanging out with different sort of cliques and having to interact with people i normally wouldn't and found that i didn't like the tattoo'd body art enthusiasts types who were around at that type. Im sure people who cast their minds back to that sort of era can relate to my phobia

^^^

Has a Lostprophets tattoo. Drinks piss.

Exactly what i thought! :lol:

Vodka- Can't stand the taste of it.

Any reality tv- I don't see the point in it.

Nightclubs- £10 to enter a club with a sticky floor, expensive drinks (which someone ends up spilling down you) and the smokers who end up directing their smoke towards you while entering or leaving.

Have to agree with nightclubs. I'm not a fan of shite music, manky floors or people so not much to enjoy tbh.

I've never seen the appeal of having to shout at the top of your voice into someone's ear all night just to make yourself heard either.

Aye nightclubs are complete shite, unfortunately everyone my age seems to love them so I'm in them all the time. only time I like clubs is if I've been in the pub all day and I'm hammered with nowhere else to go if I want to continue the night.

Archived