Popular things you generally have no time for

Music Festivals.

Almost everyone I know has been to T in the Park etc at some point but never at any point has it appealed to me. Paying £200 + to stay in a tent for two days surrounded by neds is not my idea of a good time.

The Olympics was another one. Didn't give a balls about it. Same will go for the Commonwealth Games.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twitter

I've never seen Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The Wire, Game of Thrones, Prison Break, 24 or Mad Men.

Basically, if it's popular, I'm not into it. #Hipster

I'm usually the same, but I made an exception with trying the pilot of Breaking Bad with my free Netflix trial. Got hooked but don't think I'll be committing another ~48 hrs of my life to another series.

Nightclubs,facebook,fashionable clothes modern haircuts and coffee shops(costa etc)

I think I'm just a anti social tramp with shit hair and nae pals that can't afford to spend a fortune on really shit coffee

Krispy Kreme.

I consider myself a bit of a connoisseur of all things sweet, and have to say that while they are OK, they are far from the orgasm inducing, mass queue creating, "Best thing ever" that every c*nt seems to say they are.

6/10 at best.

Ninety percent of television - Other than News and live sport, I can't remember the last time i watched anything when broadcast. SKY+, netflix, Amazon/Lovefilm and all the other on-demand services have freed me from the oppression of TV schedules.

Personality Politics - What happened to voting according to principles? Even the Parties are the same - never mind Milliband's stance on taxation, Health or immigration, he's seen as a liability because of "he's a bit weird". This from his own colleagues - who, like every tw@t in Westminster will say or do whatever it takes to stay in or gain power, and damn the principle.

Live music - As stated above, prices are just fucking ridiculous for the majority of live performances these days. In the 70s and 80s (when I was a regular gig-goer), it was a rare gig that cost more than the album the band were touring to promote. Not to mention the horror that is "arena" gigs, where you end up watching either some indeterminate blobs in the middle distance or an out-of-sync screen which gives less of an "experience" than staying at home watching a live DVD. I'll give an honourable pass to bands who still play reasonably sized venues and are still producing new music - I'm off to see Spear of destiny in a couple of months for fifteen quid a head, and Oysterband in December for less than twenty. I'll guarantee right now I'll enjoy either night more than I would paying over twice that total to see half of The Who running through their greatest hits from the other end of Liverpool Arena - although I love The Who and have never seen them play a bad gig. Also to festivals such as FireFest and Steelhouse - plenty of music for your pounds there.

Rant over. ;)

Twitter (too many twats)

Harry Hill (funny?? I don't think so)

James Corden (sp?)(the fat f*ck's everywhere)

Claire Balding (the bint's everywhere and spoils C4 racing)

I Pads (too many twats)

Man Utd (edit to add: too many twats)

I could go on, my list is endless (grumpy b*stard me :thumsup2 ).

Tattoos.

Totally agree. What the f*ck is it with tattoos. Anyway broon, you and I are attractive enough without adorning our bodies. :rolleyes:

Fat people with tattoos who sit in Nandos talking about the internet, US tv shows, the Olympics and the internet.

If Mozzamozza is classified as a popular think then I would have to say him. :)

Twitter

I'm not against social media in general but Twitter is an awful 'invention'.

I remember watching some TV presenter going on about tweeting about making a cup of tea and followers asking him about it. If he's a sad b*****d then I don't think there's an adequate description of the people who follow him.

instagram

I've heard of this but have no idea what it is. I could probaly Google it but I doubt it would fullfil my life.

Mine (in addition to tattoos and Twitter) is pets. I just don't get pets. Fortunately neither of my sons expressed a desire in owning a pet when they were growing up.

Archived