Popular things you generally have no time for

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/01/2016 at 14:47, Honest_Man#1 said:

I think it's an age thing. Older people (pensioners/grand) like to phone people up and have long conversations, probably because they don't see too many people, are bored and just want the company. Whereas younger folk only really use the phone for something specific and text to have random wee conversations as it's much more convenient than phoning someone every time you want to say something.

What a complete generalisation.

I agree about older folk to a degree but I have seen younger folk having text ‘conversations’ that last far longer than communicating the same through a call would.

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What a complete generalisation.

I agree about older folk to a degree but I have seen younger folk having text ‘conversations’ that last far longer than communicating the same through a call would.

My point was nothing to do with the length of conversations. Younger people generally would rather text than speak on the phone in my experience.

8 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

The hyper popularity of gin makes me question whether my taste buds have malfunctioned or if most people really are just conformist wankers.  

It's a fucking con too. You can make it in 48 hours for buttons. All these gimps paying 40 quid a bottle.

On 7/3/2014 at 01:08, Karl Fletcher said:

Music Festivals.

Almost everyone I know has been to T in the Park etc at some point but never at any point has it appealed to me. Paying £200 + to stay in a tent for two days surrounded by neds is not my idea of a good time.

The Olympics was another one. Didn't give a balls about it. Same will go for the Commonwealth Games.

What you want from a music festival-

Db7MATlV0AAFjbv.jpg

What you get at a music festival-

Image result for glasgow neds

On 4/29/2018 at 11:43, Honest_Man#1 said:

Younger people generally would rather text than speak on the phone in my experience.

Young people would rather use a mobile phone for absolutely anything and everything. Apart from as an actual phone. 

And as for gin. It's lovely when mixed correctly. Get it wrong and it is bloody awful however.

As usual the 'hipster wanks' (for it is them) pushing it as a 'fashion' item are years behind the drag curve. Fuckin wanks!!! :lol: 

On 29/04/2018 at 11:33, Alan Stubbs said:

The hyper popularity of gin makes me question whether my taste buds have malfunctioned or if most people really are just conformist wankers.  

See iphone for reference

Listening to music on headphones.

Seems folk can't walk anywhere alone without headphones nowadays.

I seem to be the only person on Earth who likes things nice and quiet. Probably so I can hear myself think as my thoughts are mostly gold. 

20 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Listening to music on headphones.

Seems folk can't walk anywhere alone without headphones nowadays.

I seem to be the only person on Earth who likes things nice and quiet. Probably so I can hear myself think as my thoughts are mostly gold. 

Gaz FFC - "Hmmm... Look at the arse on that.."

Archived