Second Stop-Warsaw

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ye can still fly matchday from Prestwick to Warsaw for £99 or if ye can get to Stansted £25 wi Ryan air. There are still cheap options out there for the return after the game e.g places like Krakow or poznan are only roughly 3 hour train journeys mate.

It's more for the organised transfers, less to organise running about after the game getting transport back to the airport etc haha.

• 1 month later...

Go look on their website youll get home end ones no probs, maybe even get a ticket from the SSC on 0 points if you join, its a 60k seater stadium, we will get near 4/5k id imagine, it will go to 0 points I think.

Is this definitely the case?

I've been a member of the SSC for over 10 years and haven't missed a home game in that time. However, haven't been to an away game for ages. I'm therefore on 0 points.

I just want to check the chances of getting a ticket from the SFA before I book flights and hotels. Can anyone advise? Cheers

I've been a member of the SSC for over 10 years and haven't missed a home game in that time. However, haven't been to an away game for ages. I'm therefore on 0 points.

I just want to check the chances of getting a ticket from the SFA before I book flights and hotels. Can anyone advise? Cheers

I'd imagine we'll get around 3/4k tickets, which will probably go to those on 3-10 points initially.

It all depends on the demand, but you might be lucky and get 1 on 0 points.

I'm pretty sure it went to 0 points in March, but that was a friendly and we only around 2k.

I'd imagine we'll get around 3/4k tickets, which will probably go to those on 3-10 points initially.

I'm pretty sure it went to 0 points in March, but that was a friendly and we only around 2k.

Well obviously cant guarantee nothing but the Germany ones even went down to one point and the demand for them has been crazy, I think with your SSC thing youll get one on 0 points.. if not then I imagine youll manage to get your hands on one through some other means, dont quote me on that but its likely, I managed to get a Germany one with 2 so im up to 3 now luckily.

I got 2 nights in a hostel (The Moon hostel) which looks just great for £14pp a night, that included breakfast, 3 person room.

http://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=the+moon+hostel+warsaw&safe=vss

Correct. We had between 2-2500 there in March and it eventually went to 0 points I'm sure. For a qualifer, I expect we'll be allocated around 4,000. Could see it going to 1-2 points, as Dortmund did.

Correct. We had between 2-2500 there in March and it eventually went to 0 points I'm sure. For a qualifer, I expect we'll be allocated around 4,000. Could see it going to 1-2 points, as Dortmund did.

I'd hedge my bets and say it most definitely will, because demand will be nowhere near as high, i don't think.

I wonder if there will be an added bit of spice to this game after the Celtic/Legia fiasco. I know it doesn't affect the game but there could be a hostile atmosphere especially as the game is in Warsaw.

I wonder if there will be an added bit of spice to this game after the Celtic/Legia fiasco. I know it doesn't affect the game but there could be a hostile atmosphere especially as the game is in Warsaw.

Potentially, but i can't see it; the Polish people that i met in March were all decent and loved the Scottish.

I'm pretty sure even they can distinguish Celtic as being a minority of c***s.

Wouldn't think so. I don't think club matters come into things with fans of the Polish national side - that was the impression I got in March anyway. Like TurbineTon, the home fans I met were great and helped create a great atmosphere around the city and ground. I think I'll find more Polish supporters stopping asking for photos again rather than any hassle!

If youre being priced out of this trip by greedy airlines, consider my advice.

Fly to Lodz

Get the train from Lodz to Warsaw.

Trains in Poland cost less than you can imagine, are reliable and run frequently.

You dont even need to worry about trying the language; you can book such tickets on the day, or online in advance.

Lodz is maybe an hour or so by train to Warsaw.

Anyone need any more advice on Poland/travel, let me know.

If youre being priced out of this trip by greedy airlines, consider my advice.

Fly to Lodz

Get the train from Lodz to Warsaw.

Trains in Poland cost less than you can imagine, are reliable and run frequently.

You dont even need to worry about trying the language; you can book such tickets on the day, or online in advance.

Lodz is maybe an hour or so by train to Warsaw.

Anyone need any more advice on Poland/travel, let me know.

Thanks for that.

I've still not booked anything, but will be going. I'll bare this advice in mind when i no doubt get ridiculous quotes from airline companies.

It's more for the organised transfers, less to organise running about after the game getting transport back to the airport etc haha.

No sure what ye find funny,

Most folk I reckon want to get to games by the cheapest means possible.

Organised transfers and airport travel are they no both the same thing a bit on the expensive side then ?

But I get yer point ;)

Flying to Krakow and getting the train on match day to Warsaw. About £160 return.

Can you get other members to buy away end tickets for you if they aren't going? Or is it linked to passports?

Obviously not supposed to and you can get randomly selected to pick up tickets in Warsaw which you would need to show your SSC card.

Booked two weeks ago for £90 return with Wizz from Doncaster/Sheffield to Warsaw (Chopin - the one in Warsaw!).

Flight leaves Sheffield about 6am on Monday so all day Monday drinking.

Early return flight on Wed.

Looking into this. Currently showing as 79 quid.

Booked two weeks ago for £90 return with Wizz from Doncaster/Sheffield to Warsaw (Chopin - the one in Warsaw!).

Flight leaves Sheffield about 6am on Monday so all day Monday drinking.

Early return flight on Wed.

We used Doncaster/Sheffield going out to the game in March. Nice, easy and cheap but the long drive down / back home with the early morning flights was a bugger. Still, think we were in our digs and out into the Old Town in Warsaw for lunchtime when we flew out on the Monday which was ideal.

I think arriving early on the Monday is the best reason to go from Doncaster/Sheffield at this stage. I looked at lots of routes and this seemed the best fit despite the 241mile journey from my house to the airport.

Managed to get an central apartment for the 6 of Us for £40 a skull too.

Archived