• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you'll find the term was financially lucrative reconstruction, which was easily passed despite the protests of a few glorified social clubs, and will now keep our club stay streets ahead of outfits like yours for good. Getting out of the seaside leagues was the first and only step to do so.

Oh and thanks for taking over our record for the biggest bottle-job of a Scottish football league btw. You must be so proud.

so basically you were needing the extra money from the SPL in order to fund full time football at your club.....otherwise your team would be part time like the rest of us diddies. Some club you have there. Wont be long until you are asking for more money pleading poverty.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done to Montrose. Brora - you got what you wanted and made it look like a reasonable effort. But what are the odds we'll be in exactly the same situation in a year from now?

The SFA really need to put in place a mechanism for the play-off places to go to the highest team in each of the Highland and Lowland Leagues who have applied, uncoerced, to be in the SPFL and who meet the necessary criteria for the step up.

This season has been unfair to both Edinburgh City and to Turriff United, and it won't be much of a pyramid if Brora are forced into making a show of 'competing' in the play-offs each season.

Congratulations to Montrose. Pleased that you've retained your league slot. And I'm sure that sometime in the future I'll be able to enjoy one of my favourite away trips again. But given Brora's recent dominance of the Highland League can only say that the result confirms what some have been saying here recently about the Highland League being a pale shadow of what it used to be.

Archived